David Wright HBP (Head), leaves game - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

David Wright HBP (Head), leaves game

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: David Wright HBP (Head), leaves game

Postby killertofu2222 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:16 am

I dont work, i'm a student at Penn State University. I live in 310 Tener, East Halls. Come find me and ill see if you can throw a 90+ mph fastball.

I'm pretty sure he's not going to commit suicide, so way to go too far over the line on that one, sucks for your friends grandpa, mine died of heart disease..i was sad of course, but we all gotta die sometime right?

And yes, i did cheer when Irvin went down. As did the rest of the Philadelphia area. How can you think im sick for laughing at an injured player, when stuff like Darfur and Barack Obama are happening?

"We can't stop here. This is BAT country!"
killertofu2222
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: I come from the land where the ocean's freeze, spent 3 long months on the open seas

Postby TheGhost » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:30 pm

I actually thought I might get some insight from this three page thread regarding my 3rd baseman David Wright. Instead, I get a bunch of twats posting Simpsons crap and talking about their f'ing grandparents. I have two more weeks left before the playoffs in my no bench league. I will make the play-offs regardless but am wondering if I should find someone else to play in place of Wright. This is a league without DL spots and no bench. Thanks!
TheGhost
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 149)

Postby killertofu2222 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:43 pm

TheGhost wrote:I actually thought I might get some insight from this three page thread regarding my 3rd baseman David Wright. Instead, I get a bunch of twats posting Simpsons crap and talking about their f'ing grandparents. I have two more weeks left before the playoffs in my no bench league. I will make the play-offs regardless but am wondering if I should find someone else to play in place of Wright. This is a league without DL spots and no bench. Thanks!

of course you should, hes on the 15 day DL and they're saying he may even miss the rest of the season...what other insight were you expecting? Injuries don't heal overnight, he's not coming back soon, and to be honest this really isn't the forum to be asking for advice on managing your team. There are like 4 other threads on this subject anyway, take your time to look around, maybe think a little before you start rattling off insults.

"We can't stop here. This is BAT country!"
killertofu2222
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Location: I come from the land where the ocean's freeze, spent 3 long months on the open seas

Postby thejusman1 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:03 pm

killertofu2222 wrote:I dont work, i'm a student at Penn State University. I live in 310 Tener, East Halls. Come find me and ill see if you can throw a 90+ mph fastball.

I'm pretty sure he's not going to commit suicide, so way to go too far over the line on that one, sucks for your friends grandpa, mine died of heart disease..i was sad of course, but we all gotta die sometime right?

And yes, i did cheer when Irvin went down. As did the rest of the Philadelphia area. How can you think im sick for laughing at an injured player, when stuff like Darfur and Barack Obama are happening?

Ok, I just liked you a little bit more.

TheGhost: That's why you don't join leagues with no bench spots and no DL slots. But in all seriousness, Wright is *probably* droppable. You could wait two weeks to find out, but if you need his roster spot now to make the playoffs, you'd probably be safe cutting him. What will suck is if two weeks pass by and they say he wants to make it back a few weeks after that, and then is season is essentially over.
http://slippingoffaledge.wordpress.com/ - A blog for political rants, fantasy sports, and thoughts from my twisted mind. Warning: Not for children.
thejusman1
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 1)

Postby TheGhost » Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:17 pm

killertofu2222 wrote:
TheGhost wrote:I actually thought I might get some insight from this three page thread regarding my 3rd baseman David Wright. Instead, I get a bunch of twats posting Simpsons crap and talking about their f'ing grandparents. I have two more weeks left before the playoffs in my no bench league. I will make the play-offs regardless but am wondering if I should find someone else to play in place of Wright. This is a league without DL spots and no bench. Thanks!

of course you should, hes on the 15 day DL and they're saying he may even miss the rest of the season...what other insight were you expecting? Injuries don't heal overnight, he's not coming back soon, and to be honest this really isn't the forum to be asking for advice on managing your team. There are like 4 other threads on this subject anyway, take your time to look around, maybe think a little before you start rattling off insults.

Ha ha. I was just kidding, not like I'm really offended or anything. Here's my two cents regarding a more appropriate comment for this thread.

David Wright has a family not to mention feelings. What do you guys think his parents were thinking when he got drilled in the ear flap? Me? I tossed and turned all night long hoping that he would be okay. Millions of dollars can't take the place of health and family and I love his skill set as a player. Blah, blah, blah...

Of course it's never good to see someone get beaned with a baseball (especially in the face). It's also not cool to read about a granny getting mugged by teens, or suicide bombers blowing the crap out of innocents in Kabul. The world is not a perfect place and sh!t happens in sports.

The fantasy cafe protocol is to keep all the information regarding a certain topic under one thread to avoid confusion and watering down the forum. If David Wrights injury doesn't fall under "Injury and Player Updates" then where does it go?? I'm sorry your grandparent died but I would say that's the info. that doesn't belong in this thread. I understand you were making a point but still... Peace bro. :-)

Thanks for the advice fellas.
TheGhost
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 149)

Postby TheGinner » Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:37 pm

TheGhost wrote:
killertofu2222 wrote:

Of course it's never good to see someone get beaned with a baseball (especially in the face). It's also not cool to read about a granny getting mugged by teens, or suicide bombers blowing the crap out of innocents in Kabul. The world is not a perfect place and sh!t happens in sports.

That's why they pass laws protecting grannys getting mugged (actually skull f'd) because it's definately not cool!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Btw1eh4mitQ

And I wouldn't say Wright is droppable now, wait 2 weeks and then see his progress
TheGinner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 7)

Postby bazzy_51 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:16 pm

wow this thread really turned out to be a great read for information if you wanted to hear philly and met fans go back and forth about nothing pertaining to the subject... lock down anyone? simply pathetic at what fans of a game can piss and moan back and forth about wah...

Great thanks to soto for the sweet sig!...
bazzy_51
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby IronBird » Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:19 am

Drop him. He won't be back for awhile. The Mets are out of the playoffs and probably don't want to risk him with a delicate injury like a concussion. Even if he were to come back, for a week or two at the max before he's feeling side effects and has to sit again, he won't be putting up typical (healthy) Wright numbers anyway.
"Don't worry, the fans don't start booing until July."

- Earl Weaver
IronBird
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 4)

Postby Reeron » Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:04 am

IronBird wrote:
Even if he were to come back, for a week or two at the max before he's feeling side effects and has to sit again, he won't be putting up typical (healthy) Wright numbers anyway.

He hasn't put up "typical (healthy) Wright numbers" all year. :-B
Reeron
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby thejusman1 » Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:02 pm

Rotoworld:

Mets activated third baseman David Wright from the 15-day disabled list.
With a newer, safer helmet in tow, no doubt. Wright missed the last two weeks with post-concussion symptoms after being plunked in the head by a Matt Cain fastball. With nothing to play for in September, the Mets will likely utilize him as a part-time player down the stretch. Watch his status carefully.

Horrible news. It looks like Wright owners in weekly leagues are better off grabbing an everyday, inferior 3B, perhaps players like Kouzmanoff or Adam Kennedy. Those of us in daily leagues will probably still have to carry a bench 3B to utilize max production. Oh Wright :(
http://slippingoffaledge.wordpress.com/ - A blog for political rants, fantasy sports, and thoughts from my twisted mind. Warning: Not for children.
thejusman1
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 1)

PreviousNext

Return to Injuries & Player Updates