David Wright HBP (Head), leaves game - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

David Wright HBP (Head), leaves game

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: David Wright HBP (Head), leaves game

Postby IronBird » Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:11 am

"David Wright has been diagnosed with post-concussion syndrome and has been released from the hospital, according to the Twitter page of Mets' beat wirter David Lennon."

post-concussion takes some time to come back from to being able to play major league baseball. Could be a month, could be 2 weeks, most likely its the end of the season for Wright. :-{
"Don't worry, the fans don't start booing until July."

- Earl Weaver
IronBird
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby killertofu2222 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:13 am

"We can't stop here. This is BAT country!"
killertofu2222
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Location: I come from the land where the ocean's freeze, spent 3 long months on the open seas

Postby mhuhn23 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:50 pm

killertofu2222 wrote:Image

Yeah...hilarious :-t
mhuhn23
College Coach
College Coach

Postby thejusman1 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:09 pm

Wright could look at your bank account and say the same thing.
http://slippingoffaledge.wordpress.com/ - A blog for political rants, fantasy sports, and thoughts from my twisted mind. Warning: Not for children.
thejusman1
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 1)

Postby killertofu2222 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:00 pm

thejusman1 wrote:

Ditto.

I like to see mets players beaned in the head. It makes me smile, risk of death or not. I'm not sorry if I offended you, i actually laughed when i saw this on sportscenter.

killertofu2222
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Location: I come from the land where the ocean's freeze, spent 3 long months on the open seas

Postby thejusman1 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:20 pm

killertofu2222 wrote:
thejusman1 wrote:

Ditto.

I like to see mets players beaned in the head. It makes me smile, risk of death or not. I'm not sorry if I offended you, i actually laughed when i saw this on sportscenter.

Yeah, but I'm not the one being a callous asshole for laughing at a player who suffers a HBP on the head. "Fans" like you disgust me. I dislike certain players in the game, but I don't wish unto anyone a severe head injury. That you are unapologetic for your statement is more of a reflection on your pathetic immaturity than it is a reflection of your hated for the Mets.
http://slippingoffaledge.wordpress.com/ - A blog for political rants, fantasy sports, and thoughts from my twisted mind. Warning: Not for children.
thejusman1
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 1)

Postby killertofu2222 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:35 pm

thejusman1 wrote:
killertofu2222 wrote:
thejusman1 wrote:

Ditto.

Yeah, but I'm not the one being a callous asshole for laughing at a player who suffers a HBP on the head. "Fans" like you disgust me. I dislike certain players in the game, but I don't wish unto anyone a severe head injury. That you are unapologetic for your statement is more of a reflection on your pathetic immaturity than it is a reflection of your hated for the Mets.

Oh well. There are more important things to get worked up over. And i wouldnt say his injury was severe, people get concussed all the time. I'm sure that if you saw a construction worker get a hammer dropped on his helmet covered head by accident, you might giggle. It doesn't make me immature, maybe a little out there. I was one of those kids that stuck m80's in living frogs mouths.

Hey, he didn't die, he's not a vegetable, why do you care if i laugh at him for getting hurt? If your related then that's even funnier

killertofu2222
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby NYMetsIn2k4 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:57 am

killertofu2222 wrote:
thejusman1 wrote:
killertofu2222 wrote:
Ditto.

Oh well. There are more important things to get worked up over. And i wouldnt say his injury was severe, people get concussed all the time. I'm sure that if you saw a construction worker get a hammer dropped on his helmet covered head by accident, you might giggle. It doesn't make me immature, maybe a little out there. I was one of those kids that stuck m80's in living frogs mouths.

Hey, he didn't die, he's not a vegetable, why do you care if i laugh at him for getting hurt? If your related then that's even funnier

judging by your avatar, youre a piece of shit phillies fan which explains it all... you make me sick
10-Team 8x8 h2h

C VMart
1B MCab
2B Stewart
3B Zimmerman
SS Ramirez
OF Manny,BJUpton,Braun
Ut Rios
Ut Pierre
BN Quentin,Snider,Berkman,Bruce

SP Kershaw,Gallardo,Hanson,Liriano,Holland,JGarcia,Romero
RP KRod,Marmol,Feliz,Wagner,Dotel
DL BAnderson
NYMetsIn2k4
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby the izzy » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:54 am

NYMetsIn2k4 wrote:
killertofu2222 wrote:
thejusman1 wrote:

judging by your avatar, youre a piece of shit phillies fan which explains it all... you make me sick

Posting something like the "ha ha" picture makes you look like a giant douche killtofu2222. Why don't you take a second to think, or even do a little research before you comment on a players health. This isn't a broken pinkie, or torn hamstring we're talking about here. This is actual trauma to your head. Damage to the brain (you know, that organ that everybody has, but most people - like you - never use).
Post-concussion syndrome is actually a very serious condition. The effects can linger for years, and cause numerous side-affects, such as depression, sleep problems, memory problems and changes in personality. I have a friend who's grandfather actually took his own life recently after suffering from depression for over 2 years which was a direct result of post-concussion syndrome.
You're probably one of the douches that stood up and cheered at the Philly/Cowboy game back in 1999 when Irvin took a hit to his neck on a slant route and laid motionless on the field.

Short and simple: people like you disgust me. Let me know where you work. I'll come by some day and launch 90+ mph at you're head until you go down. When/if you wake up, I'll ask you how funny it is then.
the izzy
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Crazed98 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:04 am

NYMetsIn2k4 wrote:judging by your avatar, youre a piece of shit phillies fan which explains it all... you make me sick

That's a phillies fans for ya... I swear there must be some inbreeding going on in South Jersey and parts of PA.
Crazed98
College Coach
College Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Injuries & Player Updates