How likely is it that Beltran gets traded, and when? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

How likely is it that Beltran gets traded, and when?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Amazinz » Thu Mar 18, 2004 5:59 pm

The Yankess won't be able to offer something better than a handful of teams unless they offer a starter which I don't see happening. Although the Yanks will continue to dominate the FA market I don't see them being real players in any trades anytime soon.
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby DK » Thu Mar 18, 2004 6:51 pm

djacks wrote:As a Royals fan I'm hoping their in the AL Central race and don't trade him at all... :-°

If he's traded there's no telling where he'll go...Mets?...Dodgers?...but knowing the Royals history I would put my money on the A's...following the footsteps of Johnny Damon and Jermaine Dye...its hard telling...I don't think anyone will offer the Royals anything worthwhile so they might as well sit on him this year and let him leave as a FA... :~(

I wouldn't bank on Oakland. Beltran has a career .350 OBP and that's all Beane really cares about. The Royals would probably ask for too much in return.

If the Mets give up Cameron to acquire Beltran, I wouldn't have too much trouble with it. :-D
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby swingaway » Fri Mar 19, 2004 6:25 am

come on astros make a deal for the belt we could offer are glut of pitching for him and say goodbye to biggo,hildago, and clemens after this season and migh tbe able to resign him (belt) and are other players. I think the combined contracts about the 3 players above would be about what belttrean woul dbe worth on the market in this time of down contracts. And then if we really wanted to we could also trade hildago to the dogers for pitchers t make up for the ones we lost and still keep biggio are we could just move biggio to short. The possbilties are endless.
swingaway
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Guest » Fri Mar 19, 2004 7:24 am

Original poster here . . . the Yankees would be sweeeeet, but they have 4 OFs already (Lofton, Williams, Matsui, Sheff) so they're pretty stacked. (But with George S. . . . who knows.) And all of the other teams you guys mentioned as realistic contenders -- Mets, As, Dodgers -- are in scary pitchers' parks. Ugh. (Oakland seems unlikely to me b/c Beltran isn't super-cheap and they wouldn't be likely to maximize use of his speed, so at least he'll probably run, but you've got to figure his numbers probably drop outside of Kaufman if he gets traded. He's obviously a first round pick, but between the trade possibility and the fences moving back at Kaufman -- did this actually happen or was that plan rejected?--, he makes me slightly nervous and I'm beginning to think maybe the 'experts' who let him drop to late in the 1st round aren't as crazy as I initially thought. Stay in KC, Carlos, so that I can draft you with confidence!!!

What ever happened to first round picks being reliable!!! Vlad has back problems, the Sox were talking about trading Nomar, Randy got old on us . . . I just want a first round pick I can trust!!!!!

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers