AquaMan2342
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Searchin for my mainline....I couldn't hit it sideways

Re: pga championship

Postby KCollins1304 » Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:08 pm

Yoda wrote:Wow... just wow... I am a huge fan of Yang now. He kicked Tiger's ass today.

Front-runner. ;-7
KCollins1304
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby knapplc » Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:55 pm

I wouldn't say he "kicked Tiger's ass." If Tiger makes even 1/4 of the putts he had near-misses on, Yang loses by a stroke.

Yang made some crazy, crazy shots today. Clutch shots, shots that you never see. So he earned this victory and you can't take anything away from him. But at the same time, this was a winnable tournament for Tiger, and he didn't get it done. As much as Yang went out and won this thing, Tiger went out there and lost it.
Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Wright2Reyes » Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:22 pm

knapplc wrote:I wouldn't say he "kicked Tiger's ass." If Tiger makes even 1/4 of the putts he had near-misses on, Yang loses by a stroke.

Yang made some crazy, crazy shots today. Clutch shots, shots that you never see. So he earned this victory and you can't take anything away from him. But at the same time, this was a winnable tournament for Tiger, and he didn't get it done. As much as Yang went out and won this thing, Tiger went out there and lost it.

You could say the same thing about Tiger's opponents every time Tiger beat them. Fact is, Yang made the putts he needed to make and Tiger didn't.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of Tiger, but it was fun watching Tiger be at the other end of the spectrum. All this talk about Tiger never losing a major after having a lead after 54 holes was getting tiring. Good for Yang, he stood with Tiger toe to toe and came out on top.
Wright2Reyes
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Yoda » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:49 am

knapplc wrote:I wouldn't say he "kicked Tiger's ass." If Tiger makes even 1/4 of the putts he had near-misses on, Yang loses by a stroke.

Yang missed some very makable putts as well. He definitely beat Tiger today by putting pressure on him shot after shot later in the round.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Art Vandelay » Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:54 am

I don't generally watch a lot of golf, but I watched the last few holes yesterday...are announcers normally in the tank for Tiger that much, or was it just because the other guy was unknown? I would be embarassed listening back to that if I were responsible for the broadcast. Also, how come nobody will use the "c" word with Tiger? It seems everyone is making excuses, but if you come into Sunday with a lead, shoot +3 including bogeys on the last two holes, uhh...yeah, that's choke.
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby knapplc » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:03 am

Art, yes, it's always like that when you watch a Tiger tournament. Even when he's four strokes off the lead, he gets a lot of air. When he's winning, he probably gets about 70-80% of the air.
Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Tavish » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:37 am

Yang deserved to win if for no other reason than that approach hybrid shot on 18. One of the ballsiest shots I've seen all year.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 26)

Postby markj11 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:42 am

mweir145 wrote:Found the official rule: http://golf.about.com/cs/rulesofgolf/a/rule26.htm

b. Drop a ball behind the water hazard, keeping the point at which the original ball last crossed the margin of the water hazard directly between the hole and the spot on which the ball is dropped, with no limit to how far behind the water hazard the ball may be dropped.

I think it was more this:

c. As additional options available only if the ball last crossed the margin of a lateral water hazard, drop a ball outside the water hazard within two club-lengths of and not nearer the hole than (i) the point where the original ball last crossed the margin of the water hazard or (ii) a point on the opposite margin of the water hazard equidistant from the hole.

Here's how it happened:

EDIT: My image shows in preview but what is this junk?
I ain't askin' nobody for nothin, If I can't get it on my own. - Charlie Daniels
markj11
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk