Gearing up for the final push! WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Gearing up for the final push! WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Gearing up for the final push! WHIR

Postby ecannon80 » Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:07 pm

So I'm currently in 3rd place in my league and I think I can pull this thing out if I make the right moves down the stretch. For those of you gracious enough to give me feedback, if you could assess the strengths/weaknesses of my current roster and weigh in on the following moves I'm currently considering it would be MUCH appreciated! And, of course, leave your link!

As always, I'll start with my current roster: (14 Teams, H-2-H//R, HR, RBI, SB, BB, K, TB, AVG, OBP, SLG//IP, W, L, SV, HLD, HR, K, ERA, WHIP, K/BB)

C - K. Suzuki
1B - Helton
2B - Utley
3B - A. Ram
SS - Bartlett
OF - Ibanez
OF - Markakis
OF - Hawpe
UT - S. Drew
BN - M. Bourn, M. Scutaro

SP - Verlander
SP - Lester
SP - R. Wells
SP - T. Hanson
RP - Howell
RP - B. Wilson
P - F. Francisco
BN - Blanton, K. Wood, C. Park
DL - Peavy

(1) Drop Suzuki for Montero? Montero strikes out a bunch but his power numbers are much better than Suzuki's. I'm just wondering if Montero's a streaky hitter and is bound to cool off soon. Consistency is ALWAYS my number one concern.

(2) Drop Wood for Frasor? I'm in desperate need of a more effective closer. My thought is that Francisco eventually gets the CL role back, and he's been dynamite when he's on his game so I'm hesitant to drop him. I'm wary of Frasor b/c it seems the CL in Toronto has been a revolving door BUT he's nasty so it's an upgrade over Woody right?? (Other CL available: Nunez, J. Johnson)

(3) Who the heck is Brett Cecil? I'm never comfortable with picking up a pitcher from the AL East unless it's a BoSox or Yank b/c W's are hard to come by otherwise (unless you're Halladay). Is there any reason to consider picking him up?

(4) Other players I've been eyeing recently (should I pick any up and, if so, who to drop?): G. Jones [is this dude for real??]; R.Church; Aceves/Rauch [HLD's are a stat in my league]; Hochevar; Marcum [if he's coming back this yr]

Thoughts??
ecannon80
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team