Thank you Cash for Clunkers! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Thank you Cash for Clunkers!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Thank you Cash for Clunkers!

Postby GiantsFan14 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:52 pm

after some research it seems like my 3 best options right now are the nissan versa, the hyundai accent, and the ford focus.

i'm looking at the packages right above the very basic one so like air conditioning, radio, cd player, electric windows and locks and the prices look something like this (without any haggling):

versa: $8,500
accent: $10,500
focus: $11,500

the only one i've test driven so far is the focus and i really liked the car, will probably check out the other two tomorrow. anyone have any experience with these cars or knows more than me and want to share some advice?

thanks
Image
25
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

User avatar
EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 14141
(Past Year: 427)
Joined: 12 Mar 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: BUSTER HATH ARRIVED

Re: Thank you Cash for Clunkers!

Postby bigken117 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:57 pm

GiantsFan14 wrote:i'm looking at the packages


maybe you should look into race cars :-S
Image

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 12879
(Past Year: 248)
Joined: 15 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: posed in an awkward stance

Re: Thank you Cash for Clunkers!

Postby GiantsFan14 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:00 pm

bigken117 wrote:
GiantsFan14 wrote:i'm looking at the packages


maybe you should look into race cars :-S


thanks for the help!
Image
25
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

User avatar
EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 14141
(Past Year: 427)
Joined: 12 Mar 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: BUSTER HATH ARRIVED

Re: Thank you Cash for Clunkers!

Postby fezzik » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:04 pm

GiantsFan14 wrote:after some research it seems like my 3 best options right now are the nissan versa, the hyundai accent, and the ford focus.

i'm looking at the packages right above the very basic one so like air conditioning, radio, cd player, electric windows and locks and the prices look something like this (without any haggling):

versa: $8,500
accent: $10,500
focus: $11,500

the only one i've test driven so far is the focus and i really liked the car, will probably check out the other two tomorrow. anyone have any experience with these cars or knows more than me and want to share some advice?

thanks


I don't have anything specific, only that I've heard good things about the focus. Unfortunately, I don't have any hands-on experience with those listed. I've driven my friends little Corolla a lot and it seems like a good little car too. Not much help, I know. :-b
Image
fezzik
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Eagle Eye
Posts: 2415
Joined: 9 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Inside my head

Re: Thank you Cash for Clunkers!

Postby AussieDodger » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:10 pm

GiantsFan14 wrote:after some research it seems like my 3 best options right now are the nissan versa, the hyundai accent, and the ford focus.

i'm looking at the packages right above the very basic one so like air conditioning, radio, cd player, electric windows and locks and the prices look something like this (without any haggling):

versa: $8,500
accent: $10,500
focus: $11,500

the only one i've test driven so far is the focus and i really liked the car, will probably check out the other two tomorrow. anyone have any experience with these cars or knows more than me and want to share some advice?

thanks


I've got an Excel, which is the Accent's brother, and it is a reliable little bugger. ;-D
Really good on the petrol too.
ATTENTION LONG-TIMERS! NEW FBC: http://fbc2.freeforums.net/
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
Posts: 11363
(Past Year: 25)
Joined: 22 Jan 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: What do you mean, Flash Gordon approaching?

Re: Thank you Cash for Clunkers!

Postby GiantsFan14 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:18 pm

fezzik wrote:I don't have anything specific, only that I've heard good things about the focus. Unfortunately, I don't have any hands-on experience with those listed. I've driven my friends little Corolla a lot and it seems like a good little car too. Not much help, I know. :-b


i checked out corolla's too but all the dealerships nearby are out of them until the 2010s come in.
Image
25
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

User avatar
EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 14141
(Past Year: 427)
Joined: 12 Mar 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: BUSTER HATH ARRIVED

Re: Thank you Cash for Clunkers!

Postby ayebatter » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:59 pm

versa: $8,500
accent: $10,500
focus: $11,500

I don't think any of these cars are made by Obama's car companies. Pick again.
So-Cal 25 Club _762_
ayebatter
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 12213
(Past Year: 1299)
Joined: 15 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: I CAN SEE FOR MILES

Re: Thank you Cash for Clunkers!

Postby the izzy » Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:31 am

ayebatter wrote:versa: $8,500
accent: $10,500
focus: $11,500

I don't think any of these cars are made by Obama's car companies. Pick again.


nice.

Anyway, I actually have driven the Focus a little bit. My mother-in-law rented it for a vacation a few weeks back. I ended up driving it about 1200 miles. Not too bad. We ended up getting about 24.5-25 mpg on interstate/country roads.
the izzy
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 292
Joined: 17 Mar 2009
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Thank you Cash for Clunkers!

Postby Yoda » Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:46 am

This is a dumb program. It would have been awesome if I could take advantage though.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 21344
Joined: 21 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 15th green...

Re: Thank you Cash for Clunkers!

Postby bigh0rt » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:48 am

Yoda wrote:This is a dumb program. It would have been awesome if I could take advantage though.

That seems to be the general consensus.
Image
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 24818
(Past Year: 347)
Joined: 3 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Crowding The Plate

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact