BLT's - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

BLT's

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: BLT's

Postby urbanbreez » Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:21 pm

i mean they come from dirt and usually a heavy dose of animal feces so, yeah...
urbanbreez
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Metroid » Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:41 pm

knapplc wrote:NOBODY TELLS ME THESE THINGS. It's not like it comes with a manual!!!!

:-B

;-D
Metroid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFootball Mod
Home Cafe: Football

Postby knapplc » Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:08 pm

It's different in California. Or the East Coast. Or Oregon. It's different everywhere than Nebraska. In Nebraska we have crap produce and no variety. We have fruit picked green, sprayed with ether, then shipped to the Midwest while it "ripens" on the way. We don't have the variety of food you guys have. We have very basic stuff, stuff that grows easily in our climate.

Also, it's super-conservative here, and Joe on the Street doesn't eat stuff like edamame, and if they did, there wouldn't be anyone around to tell him how to eat it.
Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye

Postby Art Vandelay » Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:04 pm

I thought for sure your first edamame post was sarcastic, that's funny stuff. I probably would have done the same my first time eating it if I didn't have someone there to copy.
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby knapplc » Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:36 pm

For Lincoln, NE I'm pretty cosmopolitan. I can cook several different cuisines and I know some about wines, breads, cheeses and some unique culture foods that I've seen on TV. I've never seen anyone here eat edamame before. I can't remember where I ran across it, but I know I ate the pod and everything.

There's a bunch about culture and life in general that you need someone's guidance for. For years as a kid I pronounced the word "facade" as "fah-KAYD" because I'd never heard it spoken, I'd just read it in books. I have plenty of other examples like that. Without guidance, most people wouldn't "get" anything. I'm nosing around in the dark on my own on a lot of this stuff. It's funny, but at the same time it's frustrating.

This is a decent place to live. But there's zero culture. It's fast food and chain restaurants, and until recently Beringer was the "nice" wine you could get. These people are happy with their meat and potatoes, so it sucks to be someone like me who wants to learn and grow and try. My options are really limited.

:-/
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Dan Lambskin » Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:47 am

Metroid wrote:
knapplc wrote:
acsguitar wrote:As long as Sriracha is in it it is good

Mix your sriracha with Worcestershire sauce for added fun. ;-D

Sounds good. I'm grilling loins tonight...not sure how the cock sauce and Worcestershire would be on those, but it sounds like it would be fantastic on chicken.

LOLERZ....MET LIKES COCKSAUCE....AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH!!!!

Metroid wrote:
knapplc wrote:What? Yes you do!

Right? :-?

No just the beans on the inside goofball. :-b

my first edamame i ate the pod but treh trexture wAS ALL WORNG SO I FIGYURED IT OUT
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby The Artful Dodger » Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:57 am

If it makes you feel better, I thought eating edamame whole with the pod was the way to eat it, before my mom had to do a Heimlich maneuver on me to spit that out. Then again, I was a wee tyke then and didn't know any better. :-b I do like edamame though, especially next to a good miso soup or bowl of udon/ramen. ;-D
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 672)

Postby knapplc » Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:29 am

Dan Lambskin wrote:my first edamame i ate the pod but treh trexture wAS ALL WORNG SO I FIGYURED IT OUT

Drunk Dan is Funny Dan. :-D

And I've only eaten it once. So there. :^
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Metroid » Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:42 am

It makes sense that you would think to eat the whole pod, I mean you can eat whole pea pods or green beans, and they are similar. If no one ever told me I wouldn't know what to do with them. In fact I remember my first few times at a sushi place I still wasn't totally sure you were just supposed to suck the beans out and discard the pod, it just seemed strange. But other people were doing the same thing so I figured it was the thing to do.

I made a basic soy sauce, Worcestershire, Dijon mustard, marinade and grilled up some loins last night. Pork products FTW! :-L

Lack of quality veggies probably means no good tomatoes in NEB huh Knapp? Have you ever had a good Caprese salad there? I got a bunch of heirlooms and made a killer Caprese last night. :-L
Metroid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFootball Mod

Postby knapplc » Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:54 am

No, we get great tomatoes here. In fact, I planted two jet stars and two romas this year, and I have a BAZILLION tomatoes ripening on the vines. These plants are HUGE.

We get decent veggies, but just the basics - asparagus, corn (of course), squashes, tomatoes, peppers, onions, garlic, lettuces, stuff like that. What we don't get is good fruit, or anything other than the basics. They really do spray green fruit with ether (or formaldehyde, I forget which) and ship them to the middle states.
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk