Is this a Championship Team? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Is this a Championship Team?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Is this a Championship Team?

Postby captkirkcud » Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:43 am

Currently sitting in 1st place at 102 pts in this 12 team roto.....May try to trade Pujols for Crawford for the home stretch...Need more steals.

C PABLO SANDOVAL
1B ALBERT PUJOLS
2B AARON HILL
3B RYAN ZIMMERMAN
SS TROY TULOWITSKI
OF MANNY RAMIREZ
OF JUSTIN UPTON
OF JASON WERTH
UTL ADAM DUNN
B CHIPPER JONES
B ROBINSON CANO

SP JOSH BECKETT
SP CHRIS CARPENTER
RP JONATHAN PAPELBON
RP RYAN FRANKLIN
RP HUSTON STREET
RP BRIAN FUENTES
SP MATT GARZA
SP EDWIN JACKSON
SP WANDY RODRIGUEZ
SP RICKY NOLASCO
captkirkcud Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Is this a Championship Team?

Postby iFantasize » Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:32 pm

Championship worthy? Definitely.

You have found yourself a bunch of low draft pick winners. I wouldn't give up Pujols for anybody. If you are in first place I wouldn't tinker to much because you obviously have a winning combination there. If you decided to try and go after Crawford, I would not do it straight up. I think you could use an upgrade or additional assistance in OF especially if you are moving Dunn to 1B.

Please help http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=395857
iFantasize
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby bigpinky » Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:48 pm

captkirkcud wrote:Currently sitting in 1st place at 102 pts in this 12 team roto.....May try to trade Pujols for Crawford for the home stretch...Need more steals.

C PABLO SANDOVAL
1B ALBERT PUJOLS
2B AARON HILL
3B RYAN ZIMMERMAN
SS TROY TULOWITSKI
OF MANNY RAMIREZ
OF JUSTIN UPTON
OF JASON WERTH
UTL ADAM DUNN
B CHIPPER JONES
B ROBINSON CANO

SP JOSH BECKETT
SP CHRIS CARPENTER
RP JONATHAN PAPELBON
RP RYAN FRANKLIN
RP HUSTON STREET
RP BRIAN FUENTES
SP MATT GARZA
SP EDWIN JACKSON
SP WANDY RODRIGUEZ
SP RICKY NOLASCO

Instead of trading Pujols, I would look to pick up a speedy free agent. I have Justin Upton and am lucky to of picked up Michael Bourne early in the season and Nyjer Morgan following the trade that sent him to the Nats.
However, since these players are hopefully not available in your league, I would pick up Rajai Davis who has 21 SB in 178 AB (that is 1 SB/8.48 when compared to 1 SB/8.38 AB for Crawford). Keeping this in mind, and your likely production in all other categories, I would recommend that rather than trading Pujols (who basically leads all significant categories) for Crawford (who that only has better SB numbers) you should instead pick up Rajai Davis (who is on pace to provide a nearly equal rest of season SB total to Crawford now that Holliday is gone and Eric Patterson has been demoted).
bigpinky
T-Ball Trainer

Postby captkirkcud » Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:59 pm

You are right on the money as far as Rajai Davis......I've already picked him up, good call. I finally dropped Chipper who i've had all season to grab Davis.
As far as trying to get Crawford or Ellsbury, I have tried to trade for both of them using many options, even 2 for 1 trades but been rejected every time. My last resort is to offer Pujols straight up for Crawford.....This is not a keeper league and i lead almost every offensive catagory except SB. ( Ahead of every team by 40 runs, 50 hr's and 120 rbi's )...also only 1pt behind for best BA. With only 6 weeks left in the season and my trade deadline this weekend the 16th, i think i might have just enough of a lead to let Albert go and see what happens down the stretch???
captkirkcud Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Postby iFantasize » Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:18 am

Getting a significant lead in those categories is tremendously helpful, but keep in mind the team you are trying to trade with and what their standings are in those same categories.

If you trade Pujols for Crawford straight up, you could move up a bunch of points in SB. But without looking at your trade partners situation, they just picked up Pujols and they might move up a bunch of points in multiple categories. Because you didn't go into details I can't really analyze the situation, but keep that in mind. You might gain 5 points, but your opponent could gain 15.

Instead, trade with teams that are low in the standings (have no chance of catching you or hurting your standings) and can hurt your nearest competitors by catching them in a few categories.
iFantasize
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby captkirkcud » Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:02 pm

The team that has Crawford is in 8th place almost 50 pts behind me in the standings, and the other team that owns Ellsbury is 25 pts behind......I wouldn't feel as good about trading Pujols for Jacoby, but at this point I would still make the deal
captkirkcud Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team