Albert Pujols... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Albert Pujols...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Albert Pujols...

Postby bazzy_51 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:31 pm

sorry NO INJURY that i know of, hopefully people's hearts didn't just flutter seeing his name in this forum, cuz i have no injury to report that i know of, just and inquiry...

what the hell has happened to Albert since the Holliday trade??? i shouldn't say just since the Holliday trade (its just been more pronounced since then) i should say since his 2 HR game July 18th against Arizona, since then 0 dingers and a grand total of 3 RBI in a total of 14 games?!... i understand slumps and Albert has played it off as thats all it is saying and quote "We try to figure out what is happening," he said. "Why it is happening? You can't, because it's just part of the game. It's part of the things that keep you humble and make you work harder. Make sure it doesn't happen again."...

now don't get me wrong im not b!tching about Albert as a Pujols owner cuz im loving all of the 34 HR and 92 RBI thus far, but since the Holliday trade and since the 2 HR game he has multiple hits once in that 14 game stretch and overall over the last month is batting .250 with 3 HR and 10 RBI... is there anything to be concerned with here, i know players have slumps but Albert is way to good of a bat to be going through a slump of this length....

insight? just a bad, BAD slump on Albert standards, or something more to the story?

Great thanks to soto for the sweet sig!...
bazzy_51
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Albert Pujols...

Postby bazzy_51 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:41 pm

ok nevermind ;-D ... just gotta slam him a bit and he wakes the hell up haha...

so far tonight in extras he just put the Cards up big, stellar, stellar line tonight...

4-5 3R, 2HR, 5RBI, 1BB, 0K, 0LOB... nice Grand Slam in the top of the 10th to sure up a win for the Cards...

THANK YOU ALBERT!!!

bazzy_51
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby thejusman1 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:51 am

Absolutely ridiculous. The guy is a machine. A two-week "slump?" Oh please, stop the complaining. At least you don't own/drafted early Josh Hamilton, B.J. Upton, and Ian Kinsler... now those are slumps.
http://slippingoffaledge.wordpress.com/ - A blog for political rants, fantasy sports, and thoughts from my twisted mind. Warning: Not for children.
thejusman1
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 1)

Postby StudentOfTheGame » Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:29 am

Those homeruns today were moon shots. The guy is just so strong. He took pitches that were low and a little off the plate and he just deposited them into center field. He was starting to worry me a little, but he is always good for a game like tonight where he puts up a ridiculous line. You can't pitch to this guy. Slump proof.
StudentOfTheGame
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby bazzy_51 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:23 pm

thejusman1 wrote:Absolutely ridiculous. The guy is a machine. A two-week "slump?" Oh please, stop the complaining. At least you don't own/drafted early Josh Hamilton, B.J. Upton, and Ian Kinsler... now those are slumps.

umm ok no real need for this post as it was no where near helpful, and actually yes i do know about those slumps as i have Miggy and Upton and as we all know as compared to Miggy standards hes not producing half as much as he should be... don't come on here and post for me to stop my complaining, actually if you read my post i said i WASN'T complaining just after the quote he sent out to the public stating 'we are trying to figure out what is happening' i didn't know if he was trying to change something up in his swing and it wasn't working... wow some people should really think about stuff before posting...

bazzy_51
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby thejusman1 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:01 pm

bazzy_51 wrote:
thejusman1 wrote:Absolutely ridiculous. The guy is a machine. A two-week "slump?" Oh please, stop the complaining. At least you don't own/drafted early Josh Hamilton, B.J. Upton, and Ian Kinsler... now those are slumps.

umm ok no real need for this post as it was no where near helpful, and actually yes i do know about those slumps as i have Miggy and Upton and as we all know as compared to Miggy standards hes not producing half as much as he should be... don't come on here and post for me to stop my complaining, actually if you read my post i said i WASN'T complaining just after the quote he sent out to the public stating 'we are trying to figure out what is happening' i didn't know if he was trying to change something up in his swing and it wasn't working... wow some people should really think about stuff before posting...

You say you weren't complaining, but you really were. It's like when people say, "I don't mean to offend you," and then say something offensive. Just because you preface something with a disclaimer and then do the exact opposite doesn't make the disclaimer truthful. My eyes are bleeding from your run-on paragraph. How is this for helpful: "ellipses are marks or a series of marks that usually indicate an intentional omission of a word or a phrase from the original text. An ellipsis can also be used to indicate a pause in speech, an unfinished thought, or, at the end of a sentence, a trailing off into silence." A period, on the other hand, is a "full stop; a punctuation mark indicating the end of a sentence or phrase." I hope you have found this second response much more helpful
http://slippingoffaledge.wordpress.com/ - A blog for political rants, fantasy sports, and thoughts from my twisted mind. Warning: Not for children.
thejusman1
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 1)

Postby lastingsgriller » Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:43 pm

albert Pujols is the lord.
Follow me on the twit! @chadmiller16
lastingsgriller
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 172)

Postby peartist » Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:03 pm

Sigh. I have Ian Kinlser and BJ Upton.

Damn. Somehow in first place, though.
peartist
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Chicago RedSox » Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:53 am

bazzy_51 wrote:ok nevermind ;-D ... just gotta slam him a bit and he wakes the hell up haha...

so far tonight in extras he just put the Cards up big, stellar, stellar line tonight...

4-5 3R, 2HR, 5RBI, 1BB, 0K, 0LOB... nice Grand Slam in the top of the 10th to sure up a win for the Cards...

THANK YOU ALBERT!!!

I was getting a little concerned too (also not complaining)...thinking maybe there was a minor injury they weren't telling us about. But whatever it was, mental or otherwise, he seems to be doing just fine now. Pujols 2/4 last night with two doubles. It's almost unfair having him on my team. ;-D
Play Ball
Chicago RedSox
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby bazzy_51 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:48 pm

Chicago RedSox wrote:
bazzy_51 wrote:ok nevermind ;-D ... just gotta slam him a bit and he wakes the hell up haha...

THANK YOU ALBERT!!!

I was getting a little concerned too (also not complaining)...thinking maybe there was a minor injury they weren't telling us about. But whatever it was, mental or otherwise, he seems to be doing just fine now. Pujols 2/4 last night with two doubles. It's almost unfair having him on my team. ;-D

Thank you, ahmen. Thats what I was thinking also, that was the whole reason for this post about him is because of the injuries that have occurred the past couple seasons, especially with the elbow. But obviously 'thejusman' didn't understand that, or better yet just took it as 'just another dumb fantasy fruitloop who thinks he should hit 70 HR and drive in 200'. I'm glad Albert is back on track, but it was kind of a sticky situation in my eyes because Holliday came in for protection for him and Ludwick was heating back up, but yet Pujols was not producing like he usually does. I.E. cause for concern with an injury, but whatever guess thejusman has to jump on everyone.

P.S. was this post a little more 'grammatically' correct for the grammar police, or did I need another lesson...( and yes i ended the post with an ELLIPSIS, GET OVER IT!)

bazzy_51
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Return to Injuries & Player Updates