Nelson Cruz - Ankle (8/4) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Nelson Cruz - Ankle (8/4)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Nelson Cruz - Ankle (8/4)

Postby Chicago RedSox » Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:49 pm

Tue, Aug 4

RF Nelson Cruz caught his spike while trying to pivot and block a ball that was rattling around the corner of the outfield on the game's final play. It resulted in a significant sprain of the left ankle. The Rangers do not believe there is a fracture in the ankle, but Cruz did have a significant amount of swelling.
(Yahoo! Sports)

Tue, Aug 4

Cruz sprained his left ankle on the final play of Monday's loss to the A's, a game-winning double by Rajai Davis, the Rangers' official site reports.

Recommendation: Cruz had swelling in his ankle after the game and had difficulty moving around afterward. Barring quick improvement overnight, a DL trip is possible, given that the Rangers are already short on position players.
(Rotowire.com)

Doesn't sound good, and I'm betting on a DL trip. Was anyone watching the game? Did it look as bad as it sounds?
Play Ball
Chicago RedSox
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Nelson Cruz - Ankle (8/4)

Postby Crazed98 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:59 pm

I may have to drop him....
Crazed98
College Coach
College Coach

Postby thebawler » Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:04 pm

Crazed98 wrote:I may have to drop him....

Don't do that....
V.Mart, P.Fielder, Alexi.R, D.Wright, M.Young, S.Drew, D.Lee, A.Dunn, C.Granderson, N.Cruz, G.Jones, Aramis.R

C.Sabathia, S.Baker, J.Sheilds, D.Price, J.Verlander, J.Lackey, M.Cain, T.Hanson. F. Rodriguez, J. Valverde, B. Lidge, J.A. Happ, M. Latos
thebawler
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Chicago RedSox » Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:43 pm

A couple of updates:

Wed, Aug 5
Cruz came up limping after the final play of Monday's 3-2 loss to Oakland and was helped off the field by a trainer.
Advice: The ankle was swollen after the game and heavily taped, according to the Dallas Morning News. Cruz is listed as day-to-day.
(STATS, Inc.)

Wed, Aug 5
Cruz (ankle) reported some improvement on Tuesday but likely won't return until Friday at the earliest, the Fort Worth Star-Telegram reports.
Recommendation: "My first guess was it was broken because I couldn’t walk on it," said Cruz of the ankle. "We’ll see how long it takes. I’m trying to get healthy as soon as I can." There are no immediate plans to put Cruz on the 15-day DL, though Brandon Boggs may be called up if Texas elects to send down a pitcher.
(Rotowire.com)
Play Ball
Chicago RedSox
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Chicago RedSox » Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:45 am

It sounds like they expect him to be back in the lineup this weekend....

Thu, Aug 6Recent News
Cruz (ankle) hopes to be able to pinch-hit over the weekend, the Fort Worth Star-Telegram reports.
Recommendation: Cruz showed marked improvement on Wednesday, though he hasn't been out through any sort of baseball-related activities since being injured on Monday. It looks like he'll avoid a trip to the DL, but his at-bats will be limited at best for the weekend.
(Rotowire.com)
Play Ball
Chicago RedSox
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby pizzaboy76 » Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:21 pm

Any updates?
pizzaboy76
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 71)

Postby tracklou » Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:18 pm

pizzaboy76 wrote:Any updates?

From The Sports Xchange: The Rangers don't expect OF Nelson R. Cruz (sprained ankle) to be ready to do anything more than pinch hit until they arrive in Cleveland for a three-game series that begins Tuesday. Cruz hurt the ankle on the final play of Monday's loss at Oakland and hasn't played since.
(Updated 08/09/2009).
tracklou
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Injuries & Player Updates