Bud Norris - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Bud Norris

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Bud Norris

Postby TheIceman » Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:35 am

Does anyone have any information on this guy? Apparently had a great outting against St. Louis but they might have to send him back down because of lack of space in the rotation for him. I'm hurting for a pitcher and since we start 10 pitchers there isn't really that much of a crop left. Any help?
TheIceman
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Bud Norris

Postby MishawakaMadMan » Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:54 am

I believe he is currently the Astro's top pitching prospect. His numbers have been excellent and his debut was solid. In NL-only leagues, he's a nice pick up for the bench right now.
MishawakaMadMan
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby TheIceman » Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:56 am

That's the thing though, if he's not going to continue to start it's not really worth the pick-up. I need someone that can come into my rotation and start. I can't wait on anyone at this moment in the season.
TheIceman
College Coach
College Coach

Postby bazzy_51 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:41 pm

its all dependent on Oswalt... the stros stated that a word should come out sometime today about the status of Oswalt and his Back... Oswalt said hes going to try everything to stay off the DL, but if he does land there i do see Norris staying in the rotation to cover Ossy's missing starts... i say for now tho its really looking like Oswalt won't be DL bound as hes thrown 3 straight days off of flat ground and has come out publicly and said his target date to return is this upcoming Saturday against the BrewCrew, most likely if hes ready to go after the bullpen session today and everything looks good then he will have a short relief appearence Wed and start Saturday... so best advice would be to check the status of Oswalt later tonight (Monday) and if there is nothing as far as him hurting after the bullpen session then i think you need to hold off on Norris, but if any slight tweak or any of that such comes from the bullpen session then i say snatch up Norris as Oswalt will then land on the 15-day DL and you could ride Norris for at least a couple starts...

doesn't really make sense to me why the Stros say they have no room without Norris they are going with a 4-man rotation and have Hampton and Moehler on the back end which are both reliever killers, but i guess the only thing they are looking at is that Hawkins on the DL with Shingles and Berkman on the DL with the strained calf will be due to come off the DL soon so they have to open some doors for those guys...

Great thanks to soto for the sweet sig!...
bazzy_51
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby bazzy_51 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:58 pm

well Norris may be a decent add for a little while as the news coming from Oswalt's bullpen session is not sounding good at all...

Per Rotowire:

"Tue, Aug 4
Oswalt (lower back) was discouraged by how he felt during a light bullpen session prior to Monday's game, the Houston Chronicle reports. "I thought I'd feel a little bit better," Oswalt said. "I felt pretty decent (Sunday) through (a) flat-ground (session)."
Recommendation: Oswalt, who was throwing at 80% during the session, expressed concern that his back would not hold up if he threw at 100%. He will test the condition of his injury again in a bullpen session on Wednesday before making any decisions, but at the moment it doesn't sound good."
(Rotowire.com)

so the back may not be as good as Oswalt originally thought, if you have the roster room id definitely think about adding Norris as Wed. will be the deciding factor if something isn't handed down sooner then that... not good for Oswalt owners...

Great thanks to soto for the sweet sig!...
bazzy_51
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby TheIceman » Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:06 pm

I think with that news I will add Norris. Oswalt is getting up there in age and his back may take some extra time to heal. I have roster room to add him and maybe he'll work his way into the rotation should Oswalt come back from the back issue sometime in the future. Thanks for all the help even though your a cubs fan. lol just kidding, thanks.
TheIceman
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Skimo77 » Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:21 pm

So i've followed the fact that Bud Norris is pretty much the Astros' only good prospect in their system... thank u Purpura and Wade... but his first start was sick, but is there really any reason to believe he can duplicate it tonight vs. the Brewers?
Skimo77
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 31)

Postby Merlin401 » Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:04 pm

Skimo77 wrote:So i've followed the fact that Bud Norris is pretty much the Astros' only good prospect in their system... thank u Purpura and Wade... but his first start was sick, but is there really any reason to believe he can duplicate it tonight vs. the Brewers?

Not bad vs. the Brewers. Too many walks but what else is new--he's a rookie.

Next 4 starts line up as Arizona (x2) and Florida (x2). Should be a lot of K's if nothing else. I added him.
Merlin401
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 1)

Return to Injuries & Player Updates