3 HRS IN ONE GAME BY A ROOKIE!!!!!!! (8-1-09) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

3 HRS IN ONE GAME BY A ROOKIE!!!!!!! (8-1-09)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: 3 HRS IN ONE GAME BY A ROOKIE!!!!!!! (8-1-09)

Postby LloydChristmas » Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:26 am

Grounded Polo wrote:
LloydChristmas wrote:Great season for a rookie, but I think he may be a tad over rated AT THIS POINT:

He's batting .281 up until tonight with only 3 HRs and 9 SB

The steals are where he really needs to thrive to be a valuable fantasy player. They're obviously a rare commodity and I don't see him being a huge runs, HRs, RBIs, or really even BA contributor.

I think a good season in the future for him could be:

15 HRs
65 RBIs
35 SBs?

I guess that makes him a slightly better Willy Taveras? (whom I guess is a quality player in some deep leagues)

Willy Taveras has EIGHT homers in over 2000 at-bats, McCutchen clearly has some pop. I don't see why he can't score 100 runs a year, he's their leadoff guy and has the wheels plus the green light to run as much as possible with their offense. McLouth managed 113 last year so it's possible. Runs/Steals are definitely where he's got to be an elite fantasy player and if he provides solid pop like 15 HRs, you basically described '08 Shane Victorino there and that's a 5th/6th rounder.

You're right. My estimates were absolutely best case scenarios and would place him somewhere much much better than Willy Tavares if they came true. I stand corrected. His ultimate success, like so many other fast-type guys, is going to depend on his OBP. If he gets on base, he will learn to steal bases and he will steal bases. It's just a question of how many.
LloydChristmas
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Snakes Gould » Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:56 am

Neato Torpedo wrote:Also, while the line today was fairly impressive, he's still only 210 AB into his ML career. His OPS is .830-ish, and if he keeps up a decent pace for the rest of the year and Rasmus keeps struggling, he'll have a shot at it. Though I personally like Wells at this point.

happ and wells are neck and neck at this point, except happ has 10 more innings and 16 more k's. their era's and whip are practically identical (but wells doesnt qualify as it stands because he doesnt have enough ip), they have the same amount of wins (wells 2 more losses) and happ will be pitching for a pennant winner. i think happ's the front runner right now personally.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby chadlincoln » Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:03 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:
Neato Torpedo wrote:Also, while the line today was fairly impressive, he's still only 210 AB into his ML career. His OPS is .830-ish, and if he keeps up a decent pace for the rest of the year and Rasmus keeps struggling, he'll have a shot at it. Though I personally like Wells at this point.

happ and wells are neck and neck at this point, except happ has 10 more innings and 16 more k's. their era's and whip are practically identical (but wells doesnt qualify as it stands because he doesnt have enough ip), they have the same amount of wins (wells 2 more losses) and happ will be pitching for a pennant winner. i think happ's the front runner right now personally.

Says the phillies fan...
7/26 - Cafe goes down:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
Table './cafe_forums/baseball_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired [145]
An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby Snakes Gould » Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:03 pm

chadlincoln wrote:
Snakes Gould wrote:

Says the phillies fan...

am i wrong?

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby ayebatter » Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:13 pm

The hottest at the end will probably win it. Wells is 4-1 & Happ is 2-2, over the last month, both with good overall numbers, I'd say Wells is the hottest right now, and if the Cubs make a run it will only help him.
So-Cal 25 Club _762_
ayebatter

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1364)

Postby AussieDodger » Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:18 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:
chadlincoln wrote:
Snakes Gould wrote:

Says the phillies fan...

am i wrong?

For being a Phillies fan?
Of course.

;-7
ATTENTION LONG-TIMERS! NEW FBC: http://fbc2.freeforums.net/
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 24)

Postby Snakes Gould » Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:25 pm

AussieDodger wrote:
Snakes Gould wrote:
chadlincoln wrote:
Says the phillies fan...

am i wrong?

For being a Phillies fan?
Of course.

;-7

uhh sorry. you cant talk about anyone's fan preference due to your user name. :-t

SIGS!

Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Saltydog » Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:34 pm

I've been following McCutchen since he was drafted.

Scouts compared him to a Carl Crawford type.

Rookie of the Year?

There's still a lot of baseball to play, and it's hard to win with a 3 month sample.
Saltydog
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 142)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers