Jake Fox Fanclub - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Jake Fox Fanclub

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Jake Fox Fanclub

Postby Philliebuster » Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:58 am

Still hammering the ball, another homerun yesterday...2 in the last 2 days. It doesn't appear that any moves were made yesterday that will free up addtl playing time for Fox. I need to see this man play every day. When in the lineup he usually bats cleanup. How can one justify thinking that one that is good enough to bat cleanup one day, does not get regular playing time and finds himself on the bench the following day. It doesn't make sense.

He's got 1B, 3B, and OF eligibility in cbs...play this man full time please! Any cubbaholics have any insight into this situation?
Philliebuster
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Jake Fox Fanclub

Postby Neato Torpedo » Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:33 pm

Can't play CF or RF, blocked at 3B, 1B, and LF by three superstars. Really, if you put him on the field, his glove will probably cost as many runs as he will put up with his bat.

Rocinante2: you know
Rocinante2: its easy to dismiss the orioles as a bad team
ofanrex: go on
Rocinante2: i'm done
Rocinante2: lmao

Play Brushback Baseball! (we need more people)
Neato Torpedo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerWeb Supporter

Postby bazzy_51 » Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:30 pm

Neato Torpedo wrote:Can't play CF or RF, blocked at 3B, 1B, and LF by three superstars. Really, if you put him on the field, his glove will probably cost as many runs as he will put up with his bat.

ummm what? hes carrying a career .971 fielding%, he has 2 career errors so don't really know where the hell that comment came from... and i personally think it will happen, if Bradley doesn't get his sh!t together i don't care how big of a tag hes carrying Lou will bench his a$$ for a hot bat like Fox's in no time... and depending on Soto's trip back goes he will still be spelling Hill at C and Aramis at 3B... i think if his bat stays as hot as it is 4-5 games a week isn't too far out of the question...

Great thanks to soto for the sweet sig!...
bazzy_51
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Pogotheostrich » Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:53 pm

bazzy_51 wrote:
Neato Torpedo wrote:Can't play CF or RF, blocked at 3B, 1B, and LF by three superstars. Really, if you put him on the field, his glove will probably cost as many runs as he will put up with his bat.

ummm what? hes carrying a career .971 fielding%, he has 2 career errors so don't really know where the hell that comment came from... and i personally think it will happen, if Bradley doesn't get his sh!t together i don't care how big of a tag hes carrying Lou will bench his a$$ for a hot bat like Fox's in no time... and depending on Soto's trip back goes he will still be spelling Hill at C and Aramis at 3B... i think if his bat stays as hot as it is 4-5 games a week isn't too far out of the question...

That isn't even a good fielding% for an OF. But it doesn't matter because fielding% is a bad way to judge defense. Anyway you slice it Fox is a bad fielder.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 389)

Postby MasterX1918 » Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:48 pm

doesn't seem to be many members...
MasterX1918
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 4)

Postby Havok1517 » Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:53 pm

Matt Murton II???
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 116)

Postby fezzik » Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:32 pm

If he ever gets regular PT I'm on board. I have him on all my teams except for one league with a shallow bench.
fezzik
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby Thursday » Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:05 am

Sign me up for the fan club. I'd love to see this guy get some regular playing time.
Thursday
General Manager
General Manager

Postby J35J » Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:42 pm

I'd love to see him get regular PT as well but I'm guessing they are using him the right way the way they are doing it now...he'll probably get overexposed playing everyday and just be "another guy" after the league adjusts to his weaknesses.

I like the Matt Murton II suggestion.
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 390)

Postby AKhomebrewer » Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:18 am

Rotowire note on Cubs C Koyie Hill:
Sat, Aug 1
After Saturday's start, Hill had started 22 consecutive games, the Associated Press reports.
Recommendation: That is the most started by a Cubs catcher since 1986, and Hill can thank Geovany Soto's injury for the streak. He has gone 15-for-79 (.190) over those starts, and his playing time should diminish when Soto returns.
(Rotowire.com)

Not a good sign for those hoping Fox will grab catcher eligibility (which would make him an instant pickup in almost all formats). I mean, we're not talking about Joe Mauer blocking his path, here. Lou's apparently more comfortable with that .190 over 22 games than he is with Fox wearing a catcher's mitt.
• Aaron Hill: Avoids DL Jul 12 (RotoWire)
• Aaron Hill: Headed for DL Jul 12 (RotoWire)
AKhomebrewer
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Return to Baseball Leftovers