post-steroids manny: not as good? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

post-steroids manny: not as good?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: post-steroids manny: not as good?

Postby bazzy_51 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:32 pm

mweir145 wrote:Dodgers fans that don't know what's good for them= :-/


room to talk after trade deadline and waivers? hmmm... :-b
Image

Great thanks to soto for the sweet sig!...
bazzy_51
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafeholic
Posts: 2693
Joined: 4 Jul 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: post-steroids manny: not as good?

Postby mweir145 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:46 pm

bazzy_51 wrote:
mweir145 wrote:Dodgers fans that don't know what's good for them= :-/


room to talk after trade deadline and waivers? hmmm... :-b

Yes...because the Jays are just as good now a they were a month ago....right?
25
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Eagle Eye
Posts: 16784
(Past Year: 10)
Joined: 3 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Toronto

Re: post-steroids manny: not as good?

Postby markj11 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:13 am

mweir145 wrote:Dodgers fans that don't know what's good for them= :-/


Maybe he's bitter.
I ain't askin' nobody for nothin, If I can't get it on my own. - Charlie Daniels
markj11
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2112
Joined: 3 Apr 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Wright here

Re: post-steroids manny: not as good?

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:46 pm

so, what ever happened to manny guys? was i right? :-o
Image
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 6508
Joined: 18 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: City of Grigori

Re: post-steroids manny: not as good?

Postby mweir145 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:07 pm

BitterDodgerFan wrote:so, what ever happened to manny guys? was i right? :-o

Manny only finished 7th in the NL in OPS this year. He's finished!
25
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Eagle Eye
Posts: 16784
(Past Year: 10)
Joined: 3 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Toronto

Re: post-steroids manny: not as good?

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:11 pm

why not only include is post-suspension stats? cuz the guy was tearing it up pre-suspension.

btw, juan pierre scores the tying run in the 9th today. that's 1 more run than manny. :-B
Image
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 6508
Joined: 18 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: City of Grigori

Re: post-steroids manny: not as good?

Postby mweir145 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:21 pm

BitterDodgerFan wrote:why not only include is post-suspension stats? cuz the guy was tearing it up pre-suspension.

Because of the steroids, right? :-b

In 2008, I guess he stayed off them the entire year just to spite Boston until he was traded to the Dodgers.
25
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Eagle Eye
Posts: 16784
(Past Year: 10)
Joined: 3 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Toronto

Re: post-steroids manny: not as good?

Postby kab21 » Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:36 am

Juan Pierre was worth 8.2M according to fangraphs (425 PA's)
Manny Ramirez was worth 11.6M (431 PA's)

if you agree with the fangraphs math for determining offense/defense then it's closer than one might think for this season. of course this is also Pierre's best offensive season since 2004. And manny was also worth 29M in 2008.
kab21
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
Posts: 5339
(Past Year: 171)
Joined: 24 Nov 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: post-steroids manny: not as good?

Postby mweir145 » Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:11 am

kab21 wrote:Juan Pierre was worth 8.2M according to fangraphs (425 PA's)
Manny Ramirez was worth 11.6M (431 PA's)

if you agree with the fangraphs math for determining offense/defense then it's closer than one might think for this season. of course this is also Pierre's best offensive season since 2004. And manny was also worth 29M in 2008.

Maybe Juan Pierre started using steroids?
25
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Eagle Eye
Posts: 16784
(Past Year: 10)
Joined: 3 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Toronto

Re: post-steroids manny: not as good?

Postby kab21 » Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:07 pm

mweir145 wrote:
kab21 wrote:Juan Pierre was worth 8.2M according to fangraphs (425 PA's)
Manny Ramirez was worth 11.6M (431 PA's)

if you agree with the fangraphs math for determining offense/defense then it's closer than one might think for this season. of course this is also Pierre's best offensive season since 2004. And manny was also worth 29M in 2008.

Maybe Juan Pierre started using steroids?


No, he would have hit 3 HR's in a game if that were true.
kab21
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
Posts: 5339
(Past Year: 171)
Joined: 24 Nov 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: scarnicease and 10 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Friday, Sep. 19
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

LA Dodgers at Chi Cubs
(2:20 pm)
Boston at Baltimore
(7:05 pm)
Toronto at NY Yankees
(7:05 pm)
Milwaukee at Pittsburgh
(7:05 pm)
Washington at Miami
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Chi White Sox at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
NY Mets at Atlanta
(7:35 pm)
Cleveland at Minnesota
(8:10 pm)
Detroit at Kansas City
(8:10 pm)
Seattle at Houston
(8:10 pm)
Arizona at Colorado
(8:10 pm)
Cincinnati at St. Louis
(8:15 pm)
Philadelphia at Oakland
(9:35 pm)
Texas at LA Angels
(10:05 pm)
San Francisco at San Diego
(10:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact