Peavy to ChiSox - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Peavy to ChiSox

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Peavy to ChiSox

Postby MotorCityKitties » Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:18 pm

This probably makes Chicago the favorites for 2010 in a very winnable division, but it will be interesting to see how effective Peavy will be if and when he returns this season.
MotorCityKitties
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby CadensDad » Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:15 pm

MotorCityKitties wrote:This probably makes Chicago the favorites for 2010 in a very winnable division, but it will be interesting to see how effective Peavy will be if and when he returns this season.

I'm gonna being moving Peavy, I dont want to see him in CHW, just don't think he will be good.

“Never argue with a idiot, because first they will bring you down to their level. Then beat you with experience.”
CadensDad
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby AquaMan2342 » Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:28 pm

CadensDad wrote:
MotorCityKitties wrote:This probably makes Chicago the favorites for 2010 in a very winnable division, but it will be interesting to see how effective Peavy will be if and when he returns this season.

I'm gonna being moving Peavy, I dont want to see him in CHW, just don't think he will be good.

And I'll probably be buying because people are going to overestimate the effect of the trade.
AquaMan2342
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Location: Searchin for my mainline....I couldn't hit it sideways

Postby bazzy_51 » Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:37 pm

RAmst23 wrote:
Tavish wrote:I think this might be about what the Blue Jays are going to be getting if Halladay is traded next year.

Aaron Poreda LHP
Clayton Richards LHP
Dexter Carter RHP
Adam Russell RHP

Thats really a whole lot of nothing, Poreda might be a good MR, the rest are nothing but possible back of rotation / hopeful RPs.

This does seem like a bunch of whatever prospects for a front of the rotation pitcher. Who's even the centerpiece here?

Anyway, is Peavy supposed to be healthy come September? Peavy/Buehrle combo is awfully nice

ok Cubs fan here, and no not a bitter Cubs fan, just one question...

with the 4 pieces the Sox just sent your telling me that Vitters with any sort of combination of arms with him (I.E. Jackson, Rhee, Schafer, McDanial, Veal, Carpenter or Atkins) couldn't get Peavy at the begining of the season?? WTF SD? And also you can't say that it was because Peavy turned it down if that might be an excuse cuz he came out publicly and said he wanted to stay in the NL cuz he wanted to bat still, and lesser competition... so why then now is he able to say ok trade me to a team i said i didn't want to play for in a division i don't want to play in for lesser prospects??

Great thanks to soto for the sweet sig!...
bazzy_51
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Padres Fan » Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:43 pm

As a padres fan this sucks, though Richard is suspose to be decent could become good in Petco and Poreda is a nice prospect, plus Dexter Carter 22 in A -Ball
6-2 3.13 118ip 143k's, Adam Russell who is a RP in AA with okay numbers is the only negitive here

I have Peavey on my DL and will stay there
Padres Fan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby CadensDad » Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:04 pm

bazzy_51 wrote:
RAmst23 wrote:
Tavish wrote:I think this might be about what the Blue Jays are going to be getting if Halladay is traded next year.

Aaron Poreda LHP
Clayton Richards LHP
Dexter Carter RHP
Adam Russell RHP

Thats really a whole lot of nothing, Poreda might be a good MR, the rest are nothing but possible back of rotation / hopeful RPs.

This does seem like a bunch of whatever prospects for a front of the rotation pitcher. Who's even the centerpiece here?

Anyway, is Peavy supposed to be healthy come September? Peavy/Buehrle combo is awfully nice

ok Cubs fan here, and no not a bitter Cubs fan, just one question...

with the 4 pieces the Sox just sent your telling me that Vitters with any sort of combination of arms with him (I.E. Jackson, Rhee, Schafer, McDanial, Veal, Carpenter or Atkins) couldn't get Peavy at the begining of the season?? WTF SD? And also you can't say that it was because Peavy turned it down if that might be an excuse cuz he came out publicly and said he wanted to stay in the NL cuz he wanted to bat still, and lesser competition... so why then now is he able to say ok trade me to a team i said i didn't want to play for in a division i don't want to play in for lesser prospects??

Seems like the package offered by the Braves in the offseason was a good bit better, but I could be wrong.

“Never argue with a idiot, because first they will bring you down to their level. Then beat you with experience.”
CadensDad
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Neato Torpedo » Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:16 pm

AquaMan2342 wrote:
CadensDad wrote:

And I'll probably be buying because people are going to overestimate the effect of the trade.

Don't forget the injury, though. Ankle tendon...yow. Might mess with his delivery.

Rocinante2: you know
Rocinante2: its easy to dismiss the orioles as a bad team
ofanrex: go on
Rocinante2: i'm done
Rocinante2: lmao

Play Brushback Baseball! (we need more people)
Neato Torpedo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerWeb Supporter

Postby da bears » Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:18 pm

Bazzy the Cubs probably didn't want to take in his contract when they felt their starting 5 was solid enough to win the division. Plus the sale of the team that they were trying to figure out at the time. Poreda is apparently the centerpiece from what I have read, I figured it would be Clayton considering he's already had some solid outings in the majors and with a move to Petco could have some fantasy value. I actually thought it was a solid haul for the Padres considering how badly they needed to cut costs, Peavy's probably pissed after the Gonzo trade rumors, and the fact that Peavy is still on the DL.
da bears
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Ek » Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:49 pm

Poreda was one of the top prospects the Sox had. In his major league stint he had some control issues towards the end, but was very solid in relief for the most part. He's also still pretty young; I wouldn't be surprised at all if he winds up being really good for the Padres. Richard has been pitching well his last few starts too - the fact that the Sox traded him indicates to me that this trade might really be more about 2010 than this year. He might even be a useful fantasy pitcher in Petco (and with better defense, and in a worse league). Long-term I don't see him ever being more than a #3 starter on a good team however.

Russell just isn't that good, he could maybe be a long reliever but that's about it. The other guy I don't know much about besides his good #s in the minors.
Ek
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby raiders_umpire » Sat Aug 01, 2009 4:24 pm

Aaron Poreda LHP
Clayton Richards LHP
Dexter Carter RHP
Adam Russell RHP

Carter is actually a #1 possibility. 6 foot 6, 95 mph, awesome breaking ball. He has problems with his control, but has grown leaps and bounds with his overall pitching the last few years. He is a few years away, but as hard a worker and learner as he is, he could develop into something very nice for the Padres.
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers