Ortiz and Manny: Tested Positive in '03 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Ortiz and Manny: Tested Positive in '03

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Ortiz and Manny: Tested Positive in '03

Postby lastingsgriller » Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:38 pm

all they have to do is leak the info.. then someone else can break it adn naturally, because they are the sports station, they get to cover it.. making absurd amounts of money while doing so..

since you guys are so blatently laughing at this theory can you possibly give me another reason why names on this list are just breaking one at a time??

maybe Selena Roberts has this lawyer in a torture chamber saying "if you just give me one big name, i'll leave you alone.."

and why just big names? why not BREAKING NEWS!!! Mark Grudzielanik was on the 2003 roids list!!!
Follow me on the twit! @chadmiller16
lastingsgriller
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 182)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Art Vandelay » Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:40 pm

I'm not sure what point you're making about age. Are you saying it was worse for Bonds because he was older when the allegations came to light? Or older when he apparently used? And certainly there are more factors than juse use: his relationship with the media tainted the coverage he received, which tainted the perception that most people have of him, for one.

I just find it ridiculous that the same fans who threw syringes and yelled everything you can imagine at Bonds welcomed Manny back after his suspension.
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Art Vandelay » Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:43 pm

lastingsgriller wrote:since you guys are so blatently laughing at this theory can you possibly give me another reason why names on this list are just breaking one at a time??

There are any number of reasons why it's happening this way. Could be that the people with the information have their own agenda, could be that the reporter and the source went out for drinks last night and the source divulged just a little too much information, could be an exchange of favors, I certainly wouldn't rule out exchange of money, it could be a fabricated story, etc., etc., etc.
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby knapplc » Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:50 pm

Art Vandelay wrote:I'm not sure what point you're making about age. Are you saying it was worse for Bonds because he was older when the allegations came to light? Or older when he apparently used? And certainly there are more factors than juse use: his relationship with the media tainted the coverage he received, which tainted the perception that most people have of him, for one.

I just find it ridiculous that the same fans who threw syringes and yelled everything you can imagine at Bonds welcomed Manny back after his suspension.

Pertaining to Bonds' "blackballing," his age plays a factor. He wasn't blackballed until he was what? 43? While he could still hit and would have been a better DH than 4/5ths of the guys in the AL at that age, the very fact that he was 43 years old has to play some factor.
Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby knapplc » Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:51 pm

Art Vandelay wrote:There are any number of reasons why it's happening this way. Could be that the people with the information have their own agenda, could be that the reporter and the source went out for drinks last night and the source divulged just a little too much information, could be an exchange of favors, I certainly wouldn't rule out exchange of money, it could be a fabricated story, etc., etc., etc.

I'm going to have to ask you to stop throwing logical arguments in here. I don't see a place for them, and frankly, it's a buzz kill.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to get some more tin foil for my Media Blocker 3000 headgear. :^
Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Big Pimpin » Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:11 pm

IIRC there were two lists, one with numbers and samples and one with players and numbers. The two were never supposed to meet but did because things weren't destroyed properly so the Feds got both lists during the BALCO investigation. If that's the case, it seems to me that there's only one place the leaks could be coming from...
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 4)

Postby hot4tx » Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:14 pm

Roids story leaked today and hours later Ortiz hits a HR, proving once in for all that roids do positively help you in baseball. :-B
hot4tx
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 138)

Postby Art Vandelay » Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:18 pm

knapplc wrote:
Art Vandelay wrote:I'm not sure what point you're making about age. Are you saying it was worse for Bonds because he was older when the allegations came to light? Or older when he apparently used? And certainly there are more factors than juse use: his relationship with the media tainted the coverage he received, which tainted the perception that most people have of him, for one.

Pertaining to Bonds' "blackballing," his age plays a factor. He wasn't blackballed until he was what? 43? While he could still hit and would have been a better DH than 4/5ths of the guys in the AL at that age, the very fact that he was 43 years old has to play some factor.

Ah...yeah. I had forgotten that we were even talking about him being blacklisted. That had something to do with it, I'm sure, but the Yankees signed freaking Richie Sexson last year while Bonds was a free agent willing to play for the league minimum.
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Padsin05 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:32 pm

only 3 names in the last 20 years would surprise me

Tony Gwynn, Greg Maddux, and Junior

maybe Big Unit, unless he was drafted and was like 6'2
Padsin05
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 13)

Postby MaudDib » Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:55 pm

RAmst23 wrote:I hate this BS. I don't personally care who did or didn't do something at this point, but this one-two names at a time bull by "lawyers with knowledge" is ridiculous.

Let's finish this already. Either these sources should just lay it all out there and be done with it, or better yet, have all the players who tested positive come forward. Instead of one news story at a time where all the focus will be on one or two players, the remaining 80,90,100 should come out and all announce they tested positive at once. This will create a big uproar all at once, then we can get over it.

For the past few years we keep hearing about guys who were on the "list". Is there anywhere that has a list of what players have so far been released of the 104? That way we could know how many more names will come out.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 381)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers