Bleachergm.blogspot.com
Captain Furtah
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Weeks in 2010

Postby Fade2White12 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:56 pm

Captain Furtah wrote:Hi Guys,

What do you think Weeks will be like in 2010? He was a disappointment up until this year, then was on pace for a 100/22/95/23/.291 season before his injury. I know he's pretty fragile and probably will never have that kind of line, but do you think; 85/20/80/20/.275 is a realistic projection for him in 2010? He is on waivers in my keeper league and would only cost me $3 next year (I also have B Phillips who will cost about $25). I am completely out of it this year...

Thanks,

Jeff

Why not? It's true, he is fragile, but for the first time he actually performed up to his enormous potential. Keeping him for $3 is very good value. Once next year roles around, you think people will forget about how great he was early this season? I think for that price, he's worth the risk.
Fade2White12
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 41)

Postby Tavish » Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:04 pm

Fade2White12 wrote:
Captain Furtah wrote:Hi Guys,

What do you think Weeks will be like in 2010? He was a disappointment up until this year, then was on pace for a 100/22/95/23/.291 season before his injury. I know he's pretty fragile and probably will never have that kind of line, but do you think; 85/20/80/20/.275 is a realistic projection for him in 2010? He is on waivers in my keeper league and would only cost me $3 next year (I also have B Phillips who will cost about $25). I am completely out of it this year...

Thanks,

Jeff

Why not? It's true, he is fragile, but for the first time he actually performed up to his enormous potential. Keeping him for $3 is very good value. Once next year roles around, you think people will forget about how great he was early this season? I think for that price, he's worth the risk.

It's not the first time has performed up to his potential. It's also not the first time he was a jerk directly afterwards and screwed it up and brought everyone right back to the usual "is he worth it" questions.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 26)

Postby lastingsgriller » Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:46 pm

viewtopic.php?t=373757&hilit=jerk

definetely a jerk... proof is in the pudding.. (i don't necessarily understand the meaning of that phrase, but we get the point)
Follow me on the twit! @chadmiller16
lastingsgriller
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 167)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers