Ripping On Forums in Fantasy Commissioner.net - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Ripping On Forums in Fantasy Commissioner.net

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Ripping On Forums in Fantasy Commissioner.net

Postby FC Owner » Wed Mar 17, 2004 7:42 pm

Dear Fantasy Football Cafe Members,
Though most of you won't listen to me and its obvious my 10 reason weren't good enough, I thought I would try and explain why I wrote the article I did.
First off the basics, I launched Fantasy Commissioner.net's Forum last July, so there hasn't been alot of time for it to get get traffic. Our goal is to have it grow through time. The reason I added the forum was to provide my customers with a direct link to our five commissioners. That may not impress several of you, but we have nearly 60 years combined exp commissioning and playing fantasy baseball and football. Its in our blood. We wanted to offer the visitors in our site the best possible resource out there, and not just other regulators or rookies giving their opinions. Not that we don't think the next guy is just as smart, but as I'm sure you all know, some people's opinions are bias, false, or simply silly. We don't give that analyst, we give it straight. There is nothing wrong with that.
NOW MY BEEF WITH FF CAFE. After I launched my site, I wanted to share my services with the many people here who visit this site, I mean its huge. So I posted in Fantasy Baseball Talk and other proper categories including this one saying, "Hey come checkout Fantasy Commissioner.net" Bla bla bla..
DELETED, all of them absolutely deleted immediately. I asked myself, "How is that a service to Fantasy Sports Buffs to not inform them of my new site?"
I certainly allow other sites to post on mine?
Then I contacted Stefan and asked him how much he would charge for Front Page advertising. He gave me rediculous rates based on 1000 impressions. Which each time you post or read, its an impression! I simply couldn't afford it and he offered no other way. If you look, most of his advertisements are affilate programs cause very few Fantasy sites can afford him.
So basically he screwed my site from his forum members. Then after telling this to my commissioners, of which three were members they told me if we could have a forum how can we make it better for the customers. Here's how:
NO ADS - Forums are for serious discussions.
NO POPUPS!! - Come on we all hate pop ups!
LIMIT MESSAGES - Am I the only one who thinks the pages load way slow. That's what happens when you leave 13,000+ posts going back 4 years! He hows Zane Smith looking! We will never go above 3000 in a category.
LIMIT MEMBERS - We would consider only allowing 500-700 members we 100+ posts. As popularity grows, people who are inactive for an amount of time are cancel and a new guest can come in. That will limit random answers and hopefully prevent posts from getting buried too quickly.
The Commissioners - 5 Experts there to help you out. They can always give the best, but they will try. We are still only humans eith real jobs and families, but we try and so far have answered all posts.
I hope this clears up issues. I apologize for offending any of the members. In my eyes you are all in good standing. My issues are with the ower of this site. He is the competition without a doubt, he is the Wal Mart of Fantasy Forums, The Microsoft.

Sincerely,
Todd
FC Owner

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Mookie4ever » Wed Mar 17, 2004 7:48 pm

blah blah blah - this is the fantasy BASEBALL Cafe genius.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 280)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Ripping On Forums in Fantasy Commissioner.net

Postby Mookie4ever » Wed Mar 17, 2004 8:03 pm

A few observations:

1) you have been offensive. first by ripping on people that we respect and secondly in your other post here you started off by saying "you are all idiots". not good business todd.

2) the hypocracy. you hate advertising (you say it here and it is 2 of your top ten hate list) but you wanted to advertise in the cafe and you are soliciting for advertisers in your website.

3) it is a free market. he does not have to sell you advertising if he doesn't want to. I may want advertise in Sportsillustrated for $25 but if it costs $5,000 can I throw a hissy fit and call Sportsillustrated a bunch of a-holes for charging so much? Your tantrum just shows me that you are not a business man and pretty much an amateur

4) if you want to show us that you are experts you can't just say it - come here and impress us first like Erboes did - respect is earned and not taken.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Re: Ripping On Forums in Fantasy Commissioner.net

Postby wrveres » Wed Mar 17, 2004 8:45 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:A few observations:

1) you have been offensive. first by ripping on people that we respect and secondly in your other post here you started off by saying "you are all idiots". not good business todd.

2) the hypocracy. you hate advertising (you say it here and it is 2 of your top ten hate list) but you wanted to advertise in the cafe and you are soliciting for advertisers in your website.

3) it is a free market. he does not have to sell you advertising if he doesn't want to. I may want advertise in Sportsillustrated for $25 but if it costs $5,000 can I throw a hissy fit and call Sportsillustrated a bunch of a-holes for charging so much? Your tantrum just shows me that you are not a business man and pretty much an amateur

4) if you want to show us that you are experts you can't just say it - come here and impress us first like Erboes did - respect is earned and not taken.

very well said, Mookie. I guess I nailed it with the Advertising angle huh ....

Just a suggestion. You can take down that letter and that "Locked" forum about the cafe.

Your Public Apology and yet, continued personal attack because you don't like the "rates" is just sad. Does it really call for a personal attack? take down the BS letter and forum

Again, your 10 arguements are a rehash of 2 issues. Advertising and content ..

The first one is "ONE" fricking pop up .... "ONE"
Now I realize you cant afford to advertise on said popup, but don't you think you are going just a little overboard? actually it looks now as if your are just a Hypocrite

Second , the best thing about the "BASEBALL" cafe is its archives. Try a search, there is tons of quality stuff there, even Zane Smith if you are so interested.
But again, you can't complian about posts being deleted, and then with the next breath, complain that more posts aren't deleted. .. sound like a hypocrite, smells like a hypocrite, must be a hypocrite.

Now you 'll just be known as the "Pathalogical Liars and Hypocrite Forum"

of course, you could change that ...
let me know when the BS letter is down and the Thread is locked.
I have plenty of IP address' ;-7
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 757)

Postby Los Angeles Cubs » Wed Mar 17, 2004 9:55 pm

Why would you waste your time writing the apology?
Go Cubs!
Los Angeles Cubs
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Guest » Thu Mar 18, 2004 1:03 am

Mookie you are an idiot. I don't have a problem with the man advertising. The guy has to make money. I have a problem with what he charges and the fact he puts it in the forum. Also, HE USES POP UPS. Are you guys that stupid. Why do you care?

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby LBJackal » Thu Mar 18, 2004 1:28 am

OK so let me get this straight: they have a great web site that generates a lot of publicity to anyone who has an advertisement (Fantistics is raking in the cash form FBC) and after they stopped you from advertising for free in the forums, and didn't give you the rate you wanted, you made a false and derogatory "Top Ten List" about them?

Yeah, OK. Good luck with your little endeavor. Maybe if you were a little more respectful and a little less of an inconsiderate a$$hole they would have given you a better rate. Good luck with your 5 experts. I know of many more credible people here who don't rely on slanderous propoganda to get attention.

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Los Angeles Cubs » Thu Mar 18, 2004 1:40 am

who are you "guest"? Show yourself!
Go Cubs!
Los Angeles Cubs
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby M_Zimm » Thu Mar 18, 2004 10:07 am

Anonymous wrote:Mookie you are an idiot. I don't have a problem with the man advertising. The guy has to make money. I have a problem with what he charges and the fact he puts it in the forum. Also, HE USES POP UPS. Are you guys that stupid. Why do you care?

First you say you apologize for offending us and then you go and call one of our established posters an idiot? You are just digging yourself a bigger and bigger hole.

BTW, I have many IPs too... }:-)
M_Zimm
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Graphics Expert

Postby Mookie4ever » Thu Mar 18, 2004 10:36 am

Anonymous wrote:Mookie you are an idiot. I don't have a problem with the man advertising. The guy has to make money. I have a problem with what he charges and the fact he puts it in the forum. Also, HE USES POP UPS. Are you guys that stupid. Why do you care?

What are you a debutant from the John Rocker Charm School? Stop trying to sweet talk me.

I will respond to your question with some questions of my own:

Do I like the fact that there are commercials on television? no
Do I like the fact that there are commercials before a movie at the theatre? no (actually, I like the previews).

What alternative do I have? Oh right...I can turn off the tv and stop going to the movies!

If I don't like the ads here I can stop coming. I don't get pop-ups and I actually did not notice the ads until you started nagging us about them.

The fact is that I am exercising my power of choice. I can choose good content with some advertising interruptions or uninterrupted crap on your site (no offence, bygones). I choose the former and respectfully decline your gracious offer to visit your site.

I hope that one day you are successful enough to have companies pay to advertise in your forums. Good luck and God Speed.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

Next

Return to General Talk