Blind Person Beating Zelda: Ocarina Of Time w/ CommunityHelp - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Blind Person Beating Zelda: Ocarina Of Time w/ CommunityHelp

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Blind Person Beating Zelda: Ocarina Of Time w/ CommunityHelp

Postby acsguitar » Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:18 pm

Pogotheostrich wrote:
BitterDodgerFan wrote:maybe he has partial sight. i can't see how he will get past certain parts that require you to have accuracy. and there are bosses that you have to hit in certain spots to defeat.

i don't know if the guy can do it. but if he has partial sight, (i think you can still be called "blind" and have some sight) perhaps.

Isn't there an auto-target function? It has been so long I don't remember if that Zelda version had it.

yes there is
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby GiantsFan14 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:07 pm

acsguitar wrote:
Pogotheostrich wrote:
BitterDodgerFan wrote:maybe he has partial sight. i can't see how he will get past certain parts that require you to have accuracy. and there are bosses that you have to hit in certain spots to defeat.

i don't know if the guy can do it. but if he has partial sight, (i think you can still be called "blind" and have some sight) perhaps.

Isn't there an auto-target function? It has been so long I don't remember if that Zelda version had it.

yes there is

ya you can Z-target, but in the forest temple the boss fight has you shoot at paintings that he is coming out of and i'm pretty positive you can't target those.
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 427)

Postby acsguitar » Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:29 pm

GiantsFan14 wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
Pogotheostrich wrote:

yes there is

ya you can Z-target, but in the forest temple the boss fight has you shoot at paintings that he is coming out of and i'm pretty positive you can't target those.

Thats gotta be hard for a blind guy to do. Maybe he has a sweet surrond sound that he can tell where they are coming from.
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby acsguitar » Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:33 pm

Looks like using sound is a big thing

As of 4 PM on the afternoon of July 21, 2009, Id have told you that I struggled with King Dodongo and needed a script in order to beat him, but as of 4:30 PM on this same afternoon, Id now tell you that I figured out a way to do it myself, and here goes:
Boss strategy:
At the beginning of the fight, dont target, just grab a bomb, and throw it in, when hes stunned, attack him then run backwards to avoid his rolling. Find him in stereo and target him. Now heres where things get complicated- and this is why this boss had me beat for so many years. The sound does weird things in this battle. Under normal circumstances, the sound of link is constantly in the centre of your field of hearing, and you hear sounds of other things on either side of link, depending on where the object/enemy is decides where youll hear it- so if something is to the left of link, youll hear it on your left, right, youll hear it on your right, in front/ behind youll hear it centered. But when you target king dodongo, the sound is as if you are playing as KD and you are hearing the sounds around him in his perspective- like you are hearing the battle through King Dodongo's ears (does he even have ears?). Therefore, the sound of links footsteps can be on the left or right, where Dodongos sound is centered as a rule. Therefore, instead of making sure dodongos footsteps are centered, you actually have to move link until the sound of his footsteps are in the centre of your hearing (so if they are to the left, move right and vice versa), once theyre perfectly centered, move forward, all the while continuing to make sure the footsteps stay centered. Do it right and hell open his mouth again- bomb him, and attack him.
Runnerguy2489, if youre reading this and have a file that you can get to KD on, do you mind trying this strat blindfolded and tell me if it works for you?
I cant figure out why the sound acts so oddly in this battle, I guess its something to do with the camera when youre locked on to him but Im not sure.
If you are familiar with OoT and would be willing to help with the directions, or would like to see the directions for a specific part of the game, please comment here.
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby AussieDodger » Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:27 pm

knapplc wrote:up up down down left right left right b a start

Ken sent me
ATTENTION LONG-TIMERS! NEW FBC: http://fbc2.freeforums.net/
AussieDodger