Future Rookies: Oriole Rising - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Article Discussions

Future Rookies: Oriole Rising

Moderators: daullaz, Baseball Moderators

Future Rookies: Oriole Rising

Postby WebHamster » Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:50 am

This thread contains comments on R.J. White's Article "Future Rookies: Oriole Rising", which was posted in the Cafe's Articles section on July 28, 2009. The full article can be read here.
WebHamster
Service Robot
Service Robot

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 778)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Future Rookies: Oriole Rising

Postby madden_curser » Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:05 am

Would you drop Clay Buchholz for Tillman? Buchholz has had 1 good & 2 bad starts now. Also, would you rather have Garko at 1st over Aubry Huff? What about Wieters to catcher and V-Mart to 1st instead? Is Kyle Blanks a better option at 1st? Really appreciate your articles and I hope to hear your opinion. I already put in for Tillman and drop Buchholz, but ESPN has Tillman on 3 day waiver. Also, already dropped Huff for Kyle Blanks, then dropped Blanks for Garko. Now considering dropping Garko, getting Weiters, and moving V-Mart to 1st base. Blanks, Huff, Wieters are all available. I'm in a quandry about this. Thanks!!!
madden_curser
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby daullaz » Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:12 pm

I do like Tillman more than Buchholz for the rest of the season. The hitting question is a toughie -- I want to say Wieters is the best option for you, but I think that a power-type 1B will probably help out more. I'm inclined to say Huff for now, but you should really go with your gut on this one.
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 56)

Postby madden_curser » Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:07 am

I decidedto go with Kyle Blanks and despite his bad hairdo, I'm feeling like a genius right now. I still have a lot of love for Tillman, but I'm taking a wait & see approach, as he doesn't seem to be on the radar in my league. He may be on my roster soon if he can translate his skills to some success this year. If I was in a keeper, I'd take a flyer cause I think he has the skill set to suceed. I just want to say thanks for taking the time to answer my question and also that I love your articles. Keep up the great work!!!
madden_curser
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Return to Article Discussions