Camden Yards -- Decent places to sit - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Camden Yards -- Decent places to sit

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Camden Yards -- Decent places to sit

Postby WhorldPhuckinGChampions » Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:42 pm

Bringing the kiddies to see the O's play the Sox this weekend and trying to figure the best seats for a reasonable price. Suggestions?
WhorldPhuckinGChampions
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor


Posts: 43
Joined: 24 Mar 2009
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Camden Yards -- Decent places to sit

Postby EWeaver » Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:15 pm

I recently saw a game there with some friends - got tickets *directly* behind home, 8 rows up, for $40 a seat...and they were playing the Mets...check Craigslist. I couldn't believe the value.

Great, great ballpark to see a game at, too.
[
EWeaver
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor


Posts: 57
Joined: 17 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Camden Yards -- Decent places to sit

Postby Giambis » Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:21 am

WhorldPhuckinGChampions wrote:Bringing the kiddies to see the O's play the Sox this weekend and trying to figure the best seats for a reasonable price. Suggestions?


Can't speak for the whole park, but the "upper box" (up high, behind home plate and down the lines) is great bang for your buck ($20 a seat, I think), assuming you don't have vertigo. You can see the whole field, get a good sense of balls and strikes, and you're not too far away from any play.

But Camden's great, can't really go wrong anywhere.
Giambis
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 483
Joined: 26 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Camden Yards -- Decent places to sit

Postby WyldStallyn » Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:28 am

been there a couple times, most of the seats are good. dont forget to bring your own food to save some $. the street outside the stadium is always lined with guys selling water, nuts, sausages, etc for cheaper than you can buy in the stadium
WyldStallyn
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Cafeholic
Posts: 1927
Joined: 26 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Camden Yards -- Decent places to sit

Postby acsguitar » Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:39 am

Any lower seat should be pretty good
It's a nice stadium
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Graphics Expert
Posts: 26722
Joined: 7 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Back in General Talk WOOO!!!

Re: Camden Yards -- Decent places to sit

Postby swyck » Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:28 pm

WyldStallyn wrote:been there a couple times, most of the seats are good. dont forget to bring your own food to save some $. the street outside the stadium is always lined with guys selling water, nuts, sausages, etc for cheaper than you can buy in the stadium


Can you take that stuff into the park with you? I'm considering the drive down from Philly as I've always wanted to see a game there.
swyck
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Cafe Ranker
Posts: 1524
(Past Year: 14)
Joined: 7 Feb 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Camden Yards -- Decent places to sit

Postby MasterX1918 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:43 pm

If one of your kids could give up less than 10 runs through 5 innings, i'm sure that Dave Trembley would let one of them start a game :-°
Image
MasterX1918
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
Posts: 2150
(Past Year: 4)
Joined: 13 Mar 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Camden Yards -- Decent places to sit

Postby WyldStallyn » Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:45 am

swyck wrote:
WyldStallyn wrote:been there a couple times, most of the seats are good. dont forget to bring your own food to save some $. the street outside the stadium is always lined with guys selling water, nuts, sausages, etc for cheaper than you can buy in the stadium


Can you take that stuff into the park with you? I'm considering the drive down from Philly as I've always wanted to see a game there.


yep, which i didnt know the first time i went. i'd say it's worth the 2 hour drive from philly. you can always make a day trip out of it and hit up the aquarium or science center. theyre all within a few blocks of each other.

if you want something closer to home, you could come out to lancaster and see my boys the barnstormers play ;-D
WyldStallyn
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Cafeholic
Posts: 1927
Joined: 26 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball


Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: TheTrith and 11 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact