Wondering if Boston got LaRoche just to use in trade... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Wondering if Boston got LaRoche just to use in trade...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Wondering if Boston got LaRoche just to use in trade...

Postby Maris09 » Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:38 pm

AussieDodger wrote:
Maris09 wrote:
CadensDad wrote:
What truth would that be?

Relax dad. Just an observation. Wasn't actually speaking specifically about you anyway. Enjoy your Sunday.


I'd like to know how not playing baseball inhibits my ability to predict or analyze what GMs are doing.

I expect at least 3 paragraphs, and it has to make sense.

Thanks ;-D

Christ, didn't mean to set the world on fire with this. Everyone take it easy. You're all awesome.
Maris09
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Cafeholic
Posts: 2152
(Past Year: 8)
Joined: 3 Jun 2008
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Wondering if Boston got LaRoche just to use in trade...

Postby AussieDodger » Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:44 pm

Maris09 wrote:
AussieDodger wrote:
Maris09 wrote:Relax dad. Just an observation. Wasn't actually speaking specifically about you anyway. Enjoy your Sunday.


I'd like to know how not playing baseball inhibits my ability to predict or analyze what GMs are doing.

I expect at least 3 paragraphs, and it has to make sense.

Thanks ;-D

Christ, didn't mean to set the world on fire with this. Everyone take it easy. You're all awesome.



When you make statements like this one...............


Maris09 wrote:It's just funny how a lot of people on here run their mouth like they know everything, when half the time they probably never played an inning of baseball in their lives.


.....you have to back them up with facts/information otherwise you just sound angry and nonsensical.

Now please proceed with your in-depth analysis of why non-baseball players can't have a guess at what GMs are doing.
ATTENTION LONG-TIMERS! NEW FBC: http://fbc2.freeforums.net/
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
Posts: 11363
(Past Year: 25)
Joined: 22 Jan 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: What do you mean, Flash Gordon approaching?

Re: Wondering if Boston got LaRoche just to use in trade...

Postby Maris09 » Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:53 pm

AussieDodger wrote:
Maris09 wrote:It's just funny how a lot of people on here run their mouth like they know everything, when half the time they probably never played an inning of baseball in their lives.


.....you have to back them up with facts/information otherwise you just sound angry and nonsensical.

Now please proceed with your in-depth analysis of why non-baseball players can't have a guess at what GMs are doing.

I never said people can't/shouldn't have a guess at what GMs are doing.
I said a lot of people on here (again, not necessarily specific people in this thread), come off like they know everything when really none of us have the depth of knowledge and insight to know exactly what's going on.
I probably picked the wrong time/thread to voice this frustration with the site in general, so my apologies, and let's just move on.
Maris09
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Cafeholic
Posts: 2152
(Past Year: 8)
Joined: 3 Jun 2008
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Wondering if Boston got LaRoche just to use in trade...

Postby tomkatt » Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:05 pm

But I DO know what every MLB GM is thinking, hell I'm right inside their heads. :-D
tomkatt
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1398
Joined: 29 Aug 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Wondering if Boston got LaRoche just to use in trade...

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:17 pm

thebawler wrote:
Maris09 wrote:None of you know what they're original intention was.

They had been looking at VMart for a while, hard to think they didn't consider it a possibility that they'd eventually land him.
Either way they got LaRoche for basically nothing, so I guess why not do it.


grammar classes ftw


Maris09 wrote:
thebawler wrote:
grammar classes ftw

:-? mkay

Plug it in to Microsoft Word, no grammar correction comes up.
Thanks for saying nothing of relevance though ;-D ;-D and keep up the good work.


you really dont see the uber-FAIL there? "they're" is a contraction of "they are", so your (note: not you're) sentance would read "None of you know what they are original intention was", which doesnt make a whole lot of sense...you want to use "their" there bud...
Image
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Posts: 10225
Joined: 20 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Wondering if Boston got LaRoche just to use in trade...

Postby KCollins1304 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:29 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:
thebawler wrote:
Maris09 wrote:None of you know what they're original intention was.

They had been looking at VMart for a while, hard to think they didn't consider it a possibility that they'd eventually land him.
Either way they got LaRoche for basically nothing, so I guess why not do it.


grammar classes ftw


Maris09 wrote:
thebawler wrote:
grammar classes ftw

:-? mkay

Plug it in to Microsoft Word, no grammar correction comes up.
Thanks for saying nothing of relevance though ;-D ;-D and keep up the good work.


you really dont see the uber-FAIL there? "they're" is a contraction of "they are", so your (note: not you're) sentance would read "None of you know what they are original intention was", which doesnt make a whole lot of sense...you want to use "their" there bud...


I hope you misspelled "sentance" on purpose. :-b
Image
KCollins1304
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 5089
Joined: 29 Dec 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: Wondering if Boston got LaRoche just to use in trade...

Postby Maris09 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:47 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:you really dont see the uber-FAIL there? "they're" is a contraction of "they are", so your (note: not you're) sentance would read "None of you know what they are original intention was", which doesnt make a whole lot of sense...you want to use "their" there bud...

Ya, wow. Who cares man.
I was typing fast, trying to set all my fantasy lineups, and make bets for the early baseball games. So pardon me if I used the wrong form of the word their/there/they're.

And really? That's considered an "uber"-FAIL?
Who uses the word uber anyway. :-o
Might want to keep that one to yourself there cheif. ;-D


Nice spelling on the word sentence there. Is that an....uber-fail? ;-D
Define irony for me grammar man.
Maris09
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Cafeholic
Posts: 2152
(Past Year: 8)
Joined: 3 Jun 2008
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Wondering if Boston got LaRoche just to use in trade...

Postby APAP » Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:28 pm

Maris09 wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:you really dont see the uber-FAIL there? "they're" is a contraction of "they are", so your (note: not you're) sentance would read "None of you know what they are original intention was", which doesnt make a whole lot of sense...you want to use "their" there bud...

Ya, wow. Who cares man.
I was typing fast, trying to set all my fantasy lineups, and make bets for the early baseball games. So pardon me if I used the wrong form of the word their/there/they're.

And really? That's considered an "uber"-FAIL?
Who uses the word uber anyway. :-o
Might want to keep that one to yourself there cheif. ;-D


Nice spelling on the word sentence there. Is that an....uber-fail? ;-D
Define irony for me grammar man.


:-b

Damn Lambskin you shoulda double checked your spelling if you were gonna criticize his lol
Thanks to soty for this sig
Image
APAP
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 3069
Joined: 22 Jul 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Red Sox Nation

Re: Wondering if Boston got LaRoche just to use in trade...

Postby KCollins1304 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:35 pm

It's chief big guy.
Image
KCollins1304
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 5089
Joined: 29 Dec 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: Wondering if Boston got LaRoche just to use in trade...

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:02 pm

APAP wrote:
Maris09 wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:you really dont see the uber-FAIL there? "they're" is a contraction of "they are", so your (note: not you're) sentance would read "None of you know what they are original intention was", which doesnt make a whole lot of sense...you want to use "their" there bud...

Ya, wow. Who cares man.
I was typing fast, trying to set all my fantasy lineups, and make bets for the early baseball games. So pardon me if I used the wrong form of the word their/there/they're.

And really? That's considered an "uber"-FAIL?
Who uses the word uber anyway. :-o
Might want to keep that one to yourself there cheif. ;-D


Nice spelling on the word sentence there. Is that an....uber-fail? ;-D
Define irony for me grammar man.


:-b

Damn Lambskin you shoulda double checked your spelling if you were gonna criticize his lol


meh...i honestly could care less about spelling (unless i'm writing an important document...that's what spell check is for), but proper word usage is a pet peeve of mine. i though it was epsecially ironic when the mistake was pointed out and Maris still insisted he was right...thus the uber-fail. anyway...i'm over it
Image
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Posts: 10225
Joined: 20 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact