Aramis Ramirez = MONEY! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Aramis Ramirez = MONEY!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Aramis Ramirez = MONEY!

Postby Madison » Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:52 pm

Noticed this on ARam's notes at Yahoo:

3B Aramis Ramirez tied his personal best Friday with a four hit game, which included a homer, a single and two doubles. His homer in the sixth gave him his 100th game-winning RBI of the season. "Obviously, we've got some players that are really capable of getting hot and carrying you," said Piniella, referring chiefly to Ramirez, who missed two months with a dislocated left shoulder.

100 game winning runs driven in....this season? 8-o Just call him "money", "Mr. Clutch", or whatever other name you can come up with.

:-b
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Aramis Ramirez = MONEY!

Postby AussieDodger » Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:54 pm

He must be playing for other teams on the sly, the Cubs haven't won 100 yet :-b :-b :-b
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 19)

Postby the izzy » Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:16 pm

It's sell high time?
the izzy
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Neato Torpedo » Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:26 pm

AussieDodger wrote:He must be playing for other teams on the sly, the Cubs haven't won 100 yet :-b :-b :-b

Not yet. This article obviously fell through a hole in time from October. I detect high levels of tachyons in the sentence structure.

Rocinante2: you know
Rocinante2: its easy to dismiss the orioles as a bad team
ofanrex: go on
Rocinante2: i'm done
Rocinante2: lmao

Play Brushback Baseball! (we need more people)
Neato Torpedo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerWeb Supporter

Postby Cobra_Kai » Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:19 pm

In all seriousness, what do people think of A-Ram for the rest of the year? Where would you rank him out of 3B for what he'll do from here on out? Obviously when he's healthy he's a great hitter, I just can't decide if I think he'll keep hitting, or if he's too much of a risk.
Cobra_Kai
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby thebawler » Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:48 pm

Cobra_Kai wrote:In all seriousness, what do people think of A-Ram for the rest of the year? Where would you rank him out of 3B for what he'll do from here on out? Obviously when he's healthy he's a great hitter, I just can't decide if I think he'll keep hitting, or if he's too much of a risk.

I mean if he started out struggling coming back from his shoulder injury, I would be scared, but he seems fine and I really think hes going to beast it the rest of the year. I dont think hes that much of a risk tbh
V.Mart, P.Fielder, Alexi.R, D.Wright, M.Young, S.Drew, D.Lee, A.Dunn, C.Granderson, N.Cruz, G.Jones, Aramis.R

C.Sabathia, S.Baker, J.Sheilds, D.Price, J.Verlander, J.Lackey, M.Cain, T.Hanson. F. Rodriguez, J. Valverde, B. Lidge, J.A. Happ, M. Latos
thebawler
College Coach
College Coach

Postby JTWood » Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:52 pm

Madison wrote:Noticed this on ARam's notes at Yahoo:

3B Aramis Ramirez tied his personal best Friday with a four hit game, which included a homer, a single and two doubles. His homer in the sixth gave him his 100th game-winning RBI of the season. "Obviously, we've got some players that are really capable of getting hot and carrying you," said Piniella, referring chiefly to Ramirez, who missed two months with a dislocated left shoulder.

100 game winning runs driven in....this season? 8-o Just call him "money", "Mr. Clutch", or whatever other name you can come up with.

:-b

STUNNING! 8-o :-D

Wait. Are they talking about times he helped the other team win, too?
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:52 am

i heard the Cubs are interested
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby the izzy » Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:05 pm

I know most people said that Aramis Ramirez's power would not be that good when he returned this year. However, counting today's game (in which he's 2/2 w/ a HR - so far) he has 4 HR in the last 6 games. Is this a sample of whats to come? Will he have power this year? Or is this just a great "sell high" time?
the izzy
College Coach
College Coach

Postby bazzy_51 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:16 pm

the izzy wrote:I know most people said that Aramis Ramirez's power would not be that good when he returned this year. However, counting today's game (in which he's 2/2 w/ a HR - so far) he has 4 HR in the last 6 games. Is this a sample of whats to come? Will he have power this year? Or is this just a great "sell high" time?

what are you planning on getting for him as a 'sell high' guy? most people underrate this guy so your probably not going to get much for him anyways... may as well just stick with him hes consistant and showing no signs on ailing ill affects with the shoulder, and like you said he hit another solo shot today giving him 4 in 6 games, not to mention so far including today 13 hits over that 6 game stretch... i don't know why so many people down Aram, hes consistant and obviously showing hes got power so ride him out (btw the .336 average at 3B is gem to have, even if he doesn't scorch 30 HR this year a .300++ is nice to have in the lineup)..

Great thanks to soto for the sweet sig!...
bazzy_51
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers