Useful Tools/Features on CBS - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Useful Tools/Features on CBS

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Useful Tools/Features on CBS

Postby Nails86 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:19 pm

What are some tools/features that you guys use on CBS? Personally, I like the tool where you can click "Stats" and then select "Year to date." This shows the production of every player on your team when they have been in your starting lineup. It is useful because it can help you with "Buy Low" or "Sell High" players. For instance, BJ Upton is batting .238 with 32 SB's, etc., but for my team (since I traded for him at one point) he is batting .271 with 22 SB, etc.

Also, since I traded Greinke early, he shows on this page as 21 innings of scoreless ball, it shows Hochevar for an ERA of about a Billion, etc.

This page is also useful in the beginning of the season if you are trying to project pitching statistics. Instead of selecting "Year to Date," select "Projections."

Hope this helps and please share some useful tools that you guys use. We are paying for the service we might as well get the most out of it!

-NAILS
Nails86
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Useful Tools/Features on CBS

Postby Dan Lambskin » Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:44 pm

i like the LAST 14 and LAST 21 when looking for hot FA pickups...gives you a little more comfort than just a LAST WEEK streak

the LAST SIX is also nice for checking out pitchers...sometimes a guy might look like he had a bad ERA over the last month or so when he may have only had one terrible game and 5 solid ones.
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Nails86 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:04 pm

It would be great if they came out with a tool that would group free agents (players available in your league) by % of being owned in all leagues.
Nails86
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Y`s Guy » Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:46 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:i like the LAST 14 and LAST 21 when looking for hot FA pickups...gives you a little more comfort than just a LAST WEEK streak

the LAST SIX is also nice for checking out pitchers...sometimes a guy might look like he had a bad ERA over the last month or so when he may have only had one terrible game and 5 solid ones.

;-D Love using the Last 14 and Last 21, too.
My Friendliness bar...recently shrunk from 11.3 to 10mm long!!
Y`s Guy
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 379)
Location: If you're reading this then there's a good chance that I'm with your girlfriend.

Postby Jibba » Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:24 pm

One of my favorite way to use the stats is by clicking on the team totals stat in the far left column, then organizing it by points so I can see where my team rates in the league by hitting and pitching. From there I might sort on different columns. I am occasionally surprised at the results and usually try to keep that in mind when evaluating my team strengths and weakness. Also pretty cool because it gives you a solid idea of how other owners prefer to build their teams...
Jibba
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Dan Lambskin » Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:11 am

Nails86 wrote:It would be great if they came out with a tool that would group free agents (players available in your league) by % of being owned in all leagues.

you mean like STATS>ROSTER TRENDS>MOST OWNED :-?

also is nice in leagues with DL you can include INJURED into that and see what kind of guys might be worth pickup and stash

Jibba wrote:One of my favorite way to use the stats is by clicking on the team totals stat in the far left column, then organizing it by points so I can see where my team rates in the league by hitting and pitching. From there I might sort on different columns. I am occasionally surprised at the results and usually try to keep that in mind when evaluating my team strengths and weakness. Also pretty cool because it gives you a solid idea of how other owners prefer to build their teams...

only problem with that is if someone is hitter heavy or pitcher heavy on their bench it will skew things
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:12 am

yeah, yahoo needs to get on board with supplying us with 2 and 3 week stats instead of just 1 week and 1 month. imo, 2 week stats are more meaningful than looking at 1 week stats which is too small of a sample. last 2-3 months would be nice to see. then we'll get to see how bad players like jason bay has been playing since his hot start.

for pitchers, it'd be nice to have last X starts for SPs and last X appearances for relievers instead of doing by time.
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:23 pm

BitterDodgerFan wrote:yeah, yahoo needs to get on board with supplying us with 2 and 3 week stats instead of just 1 week and 1 month. imo, 2 week stats are more meaningful than looking at 1 week stats which is too small of a sample. last 2-3 months would be nice to see. then we'll get to see how bad players like jason bay has been playing since his hot start.

for pitchers, it'd be nice to have last X starts for SPs and last X appearances for relievers instead of doing by time.

Big sekret inc...

On most/all of the pages where you can currently get one month stats, you'll notice that the URL looks like this:
http://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/b2/<league id>/<team id>/team?&stat1=S&stat2=L30
or
http://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/b2/<league id>/players?status=A&pos=B&stat1=S_L30

It turns out if you replace that L30 with L14... yeah. You get stats over the last 14 days. This won't work for other values (i.e. you can't do L21), and it won't work seamlessly (we don't generate ranks for the last 14 days yet), but it will get you a lot of what you want until we polish it up properly.

Hope this helps...
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 91)

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:44 pm

yea i've known about the 14 thingy before, though it'd be nice to have it officially shown. just do it like CBS, do 7 days, 14 days, 21 days, 28 days. it can't be that much harder to add that to the existing format.
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby ayebatter » Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:44 pm

Fantasy Sports Genie wrote:
BitterDodgerFan wrote:yeah, yahoo needs to get on board with supplying us with 2 and 3 week stats instead of just 1 week and 1 month. imo, 2 week stats are more meaningful than looking at 1 week stats which is too small of a sample. last 2-3 months would be nice to see. then we'll get to see how bad players like jason bay has been playing since his hot start.

Big sekret inc...

On most/all of the pages where you can currently get one month stats, you'll notice that the URL looks like this:
http://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/b2/<league id>/<team id>/team?&stat1=S&stat2=L30
or
http://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/b2/<league id>/players?status=A&pos=B&stat1=S_L30

It turns out if you replace that L30 with L14... yeah. You get stats over the last 14 days. This won't work for other values (i.e. you can't do L21), and it won't work seamlessly (we don't generate ranks for the last 14 days yet), but it will get you a lot of what you want until we polish it up properly.

Hope this helps...

Truth ;-D
So-Cal 25 Club _762_
ayebatter

ModeratorCafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1604)

Return to Baseball Leftovers