Julio Lugo traded for Chris Duncan - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Julio Lugo traded for Chris Duncan

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Julio Lugo traded for Chris Duncan

Postby RedSoxNation04 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:26 am

I don't know anything about him being a bad teammate, it's not like he was a clubhouse cancer or anything but I think guys got tired of his act. Watch him on called strikes, he's unreal...
RedSoxNation04
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby quitesanemax » Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:50 am

Birds on the Bat wrote:Also, there are some rumblings that Lugo might not be the greatest teammate in the world. Does anyone have any insight into this? I heard it on the Cards' telecast a couple nights ago.

I have heard the same rumors around here (in NE). Rumor has it this is why he was sent down to Pawtucket... But I have seen nothing in writing to confirm this rumor.

Max
quitesanemax
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby KCollins1304 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:02 am

quitesanemax wrote:
Birds on the Bat wrote:Also, there are some rumblings that Lugo might not be the greatest teammate in the world. Does anyone have any insight into this? I heard it on the Cards' telecast a couple nights ago.

I have heard the same rumors around here (in NE). Rumor has it this is why he was sent down to Pawtucket... But I have seen nothing in writing to confirm this rumor.

Max

It wasn't because he can't field and can't hit?
KCollins1304
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby quitesanemax » Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:29 am

KCollins1304 wrote:

He was actually hitting okay this year... for a SS. Your right, it was torturous to watch him field, and this could have had something to do with it. But it did seem strange that they sent him down to Pawtucket after he was just starting to come around with the hitting. I believe there might be some truth to the rumor that he was not the best teammate in the dugout.

Max
quitesanemax
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Yoda » Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:30 am

quitesanemax wrote:
KCollins1304 wrote:

He was actually hitting okay this year... for a SS. Your right, it was torturous to watch him field, and this could have had something to do with it. But it did seem strange that they sent him down to Pawtucket after he was just starting to come around with the hitting. I believe there might be some truth to the rumor that he was not the best teammate in the dugout.

Max

He was DFA'd because he is horrible not because he was a bad teammate. It's not like he was sent down to work on things but rather they simply didn't want him on the team anymore.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby quitesanemax » Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:55 am

Yoda wrote:
He was DFA'd because he is horrible not because he was a bad teammate. It's not like he was sent down to work on things but rather they simply didn't want him on the team anymore.

All I'm saying is its a rumor I've heard around here, and I'm inclined to believe it. As I've said, his defensive ineffectiveness probably had a lot to do with it too. But if he was being a problem in the clubhouse, I could see that being the straw that broke the camel's back.

Max
quitesanemax
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby RedSoxNation04 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:59 pm

Yoda wrote:
quitesanemax wrote:
KCollins1304 wrote:

Max

Exactly. Green has been playing well enough where he's not hurting the team. Lugo has expendable.
RedSoxNation04
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby Ursa » Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:18 am

Lugo's first game with STL: 2/5 with a homer and a triple.

Any STL aficionados have input into whether Lugo is going to play regularly? I could use a more productive and regular playing SS than Maicer Izturis (I wish LAA would start him every day). I especially need runs and steals - is Lugo still capable of stealing given his knee issues?
Ursa
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 2)

Postby bigken117 » Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:17 pm

Ursa wrote:Lugo's first game with STL: 2/5 with a homer and a triple.

Any STL aficionados have input into whether Lugo is going to play regularly? I could use a more productive and regular playing SS than Maicer Izturis (I wish LAA would start him every day). I especially need runs and steals - is Lugo still capable of stealing given his knee issues?

If you start him you will regret it eventually. From his time in Boston these are the skills he has at the plate:

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 248)

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:50 am

i'm starting JuLu until he cools down. i think a change of sceneary was just what he needed.
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers