2009 September call ups - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

2009 September call ups

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: 2009 September call ups

Postby Montana168 » Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:13 am

mac-unit....do you really think we'll see jennings in sept? i've been watching him closely all year, waiting for the chance that he will get called up and added to the yahoo database and i can finally get him in my dynasty league. i held onto my #4 waiver all year and i'm very confident i can get him or justin smoak becuase their not as well known of prospects like heyward, bumgarner, etc.
Montana168
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby oddmanout7 » Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:16 pm

I also think there is a chance that Rondon and Arrieta get a call. Both are in AAA and doing well (Rondon has been a bit better, and is a bit underrated), so they might get called up for a cup of coffee in Sept.

I also think there is a slim chance (which I guess can be said for most of the guys on the list I posted) that Logan Morrison is called up. There have already been grumblings of him being the starting 1B as soon as next season. He has great plate discipline 51BB/30K and developing power, so they might try to get him a few ABs this Sept.

Desmond Jennings is possible, and might benefit the Rays if they make the playoffs as a pinch hitter/runner.

All this is speculation, no one can really know until Sept is here, but it is interesting nonetheless.
oddmanout7
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby mac-unit » Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:22 pm

Montana168 wrote:mac-unit....do you really think we'll see jennings in sept? i've been watching him closely all year, waiting for the chance that he will get called up and added to the yahoo database and i can finally get him in my dynasty league. i held onto my #4 waiver all year and i'm very confident i can get him or justin smoak becuase their not as well known of prospects like heyward, bumgarner, etc.

I think if he can keep up his season in AAA for the next 3 weeks he'll be up. Right now right field is pretty bad for the Rays(compared to their other positions) but they won't bring him up and start his clock unless they know he is completely ready. Unfourtunutly my leagues roster locks at the end of the last game(Aug. 31) so I'd have to draft him next season if he get the call.
mac-unit
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 25)

Postby dicehound » Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:25 pm

Is there a reason nobody seems to be talking much about Chris Carter of Oakland? The dude is raking at AA this year to the tune of .329/.425/.567, including an OPS of 1.342 in August!

He's 22 with improving plate discipline, and the A's appear to have room for him. I know the scare has been that he strikes out a lot, but he's striking out less and walking more this year, at a higher level. I think he makes for a very intriguing Sept call-up.
dicehound
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Havok1517 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:07 am

dicehound wrote:Is there a reason nobody seems to be talking much about Chris Carter of Oakland? The dude is raking at AA this year to the tune of .329/.425/.567, including an OPS of 1.342 in August!

He's 22 with improving plate discipline, and the A's appear to have room for him. I know the scare has been that he strikes out a lot, but he's striking out less and walking more this year, at a higher level. I think he makes for a very intriguing Sept call-up.

I think he's the future DH for Oakland.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 117)

Postby daullaz » Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:08 am

dicehound wrote:Is there a reason nobody seems to be talking much about Chris Carter of Oakland? The dude is raking at AA this year to the tune of .329/.425/.567, including an OPS of 1.342 in August!

I believe he's going to be featured in Future Rookies tomorrow. Ninja BlackSox submitted a writeup on the guy about a week ago to be included in the column.
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 118)

Postby Montana168 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:19 pm

matt laporta was recalled from AAA due to trevor crowe going on the DL. according to reports, crowe will obviously be out til rosters expand on Sept 1st so laporta will most likely stay in the bigs this season. wedge has said that laporta will see "regular time" at first base and in the outfield, hopefully he finally starts everyday to show if he can be the type of player the indians are expecting him to be.
Montana168
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby nate128 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:45 pm

Yeah it is nice to have Laporta back up in the bigs. They need to give him consistent playing time though, as how can you expect a rookie to hit well when he sporadically hits throughout the week? Laporta was getting back on track in Columbus as well, so hopefully he can carry that over.

Another few guys that come to mind for September callups that also are in the Yahoo! database: Kila Ka'aihue, Mat Gamel, Eric Young, Cameron Maybin, and maybe Angel Salome although I think he is on the DL right now so maybe not, Lou Marson, Jason Donald.

One guy to keep an eye on in Dynasty leagues is Brandon Allen, a favourite sleeper of mine who I got in a prospect draft earlier this year.
nate128
College Coach
College Coach

Previous

Return to Minor League & College Baseball