Never Gonna Give Your Teen Spirit Up - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Never Gonna Give Your Teen Spirit Up

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Never Gonna Give Your Teen Spirit Up

Postby acsguitar » Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:37 am

AIC was the best of the best. Of course I get depressed when listening to them for more then a few minutes at a time
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Graphics Expert
Posts: 26722
Joined: 7 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Back in General Talk WOOO!!!

Re: Never Gonna Give Your Teen Spirit Up

Postby Inukchuk » Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:26 pm

acsguitar wrote:AIC was the best of the best. Of course I get depressed when listening to them for more then a few minutes at a time


Nutshell's a top 20 all time song for me...



urbanbreez wrote:I hate when people try to act like they don't like something just because they think it's cool to be different. Nirvana was epic.


And I hate when people assume everyone's personal tastes should reflect their own. :-[
Image
abrunn11... the place to go for all your sig needs...
Inukchuk
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 4014
Joined: 24 Jan 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Coming down on this hospital like the hammer of Thor

Re: Never Gonna Give Your Teen Spirit Up

Postby urbanbreez » Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:38 pm

Inukchuk wrote:
acsguitar wrote:AIC was the best of the best. Of course I get depressed when listening to them for more then a few minutes at a time


Nutshell's a top 20 all time song for me...



urbanbreez wrote:I hate when people try to act like they don't like something just because they think it's cool to be different. Nirvana was epic.


And I hate when people assume everyone's personal tastes should reflect their own. :-[

Hey Grumpy Face, just saying, Nirvana was epic and made heaps of great music beyond Teen Spirit. Ever heard The Man Who Sold the World or Heart Shapped Box? You almost have to try not to like them. It's like saying Sublime sucked or that you could hit three homeruns in one game. ;-)
urbanbreez
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 3200
Joined: 24 Mar 2008
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Los Angeles. U Jelly?

Re: Never Gonna Give Your Teen Spirit Up

Postby knapplc » Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:44 pm

urbanbreez wrote:Hey Grumpy Face, just saying, Nirvana was epic and made heaps of great music beyond Teen Spirit. Ever heard The Man Who Sold the World or Heart Shapped Box? You almost have to try not to like them.

You can tell us that YOU like Nirvana and nobody can say otherwise. When you say WE have to like Nirvana, there you're running into difficulty. Tastes differ.
Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye
Posts: 7870
Joined: 27 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: It's "ell see." ELL SEE!!!

Re: Never Gonna Give Your Teen Spirit Up

Postby urbanbreez » Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:50 pm

knapplc wrote:
urbanbreez wrote:Hey Grumpy Face, just saying, Nirvana was epic and made heaps of great music beyond Teen Spirit. Ever heard The Man Who Sold the World or Heart Shapped Box? You almost have to try not to like them.

You can tell us that YOU like Nirvana and nobody can say otherwise. When you say WE have to like Nirvana, there you're running into difficulty. Tastes differ.

No. You must like what I like or something is wrong with you. :^ ;-7
urbanbreez
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 3200
Joined: 24 Mar 2008
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Los Angeles. U Jelly?

Re: Never Gonna Give Your Teen Spirit Up

Postby Mookie4ever » Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:52 pm

How did a Rick Astley thread get hijacked by a stupid discussion about a crappy Seattle band? We should be discussing the genius that is Rick Astley, Howard Jones, Paul Young and that entire wave of amazing British soul singers. I still wear my keyboard tie proudly. Nirvana ruined that song btw. :-C
Image
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 19542
(Past Year: 281)
Joined: 17 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Hakuna, Montana

Re: Never Gonna Give Your Teen Spirit Up

Postby acsguitar » Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:06 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:How did a Rick Astley thread get hijacked by a stupid discussion about a crappy Seattle band? We should be discussing the genius that is Rick Astley, Howard Jones, Paul Young and that entire wave of amazing British soul singers. I still wear my keyboard tie proudly. Nirvana ruined that song btw. :-C


Toronto isn't a chocolate city. Last I heard they got Gary Indiana
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Graphics Expert
Posts: 26722
Joined: 7 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Back in General Talk WOOO!!!

Re: Never Gonna Give Your Teen Spirit Up

Postby Dan Lambskin » Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:29 pm

urbanbreez wrote:
Inukchuk wrote:
acsguitar wrote:AIC was the best of the best. Of course I get depressed when listening to them for more then a few minutes at a time


Nutshell's a top 20 all time song for me...



urbanbreez wrote:I hate when people try to act like they don't like something just because they think it's cool to be different. Nirvana was epic.


And I hate when people assume everyone's personal tastes should reflect their own. :-[

Hey Grumpy Face, just saying, Nirvana was epic and made heaps of great music beyond Teen Spirit. Ever heard The Man Who Sold the World or Heart Shapped Box? You almost have to try not to like them. It's like saying Sublime sucked or that you could hit three homeruns in one game. ;-)


what does this have to do with David Bowie :-?
Image
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Posts: 10225
Joined: 20 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Never Gonna Give Your Teen Spirit Up

Postby knapplc » Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:34 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:what does this have to do with David Bowie :-?

I think urbanbreez is feeling under pressure.
Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye
Posts: 7870
Joined: 27 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: It's "ell see." ELL SEE!!!

Re: Never Gonna Give Your Teen Spirit Up

Postby AquaMan2342 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:41 pm

Bands like Nirvana and Sublime are totally overrated by a lot of people because their lead singers both died at a young age.
AquaMan2342
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Posts: 7852
Joined: 19 Sep 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Searchin for my mainline....I couldn't hit it sideways

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Saturday, Jul. 26
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Toronto at NY Yankees
(1:05 pm)
St. Louis at Chi Cubs
(4:05 pm)
Washington at Cincinnati
(4:05 pm)
Baltimore at Seattle
(4:10 pm)
Arizona at Philadelphia
(7:05 pm)
Boston at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Chi White Sox at Minnesota
(7:10 pm)
NY Mets at Milwaukee
(7:10 pm)
Cleveland at Kansas City
(7:10 pm)
Miami at Houston
(7:10 pm)
San Diego at Atlanta
(7:10 pm)
Oakland at Texas
(8:05 pm)
Pittsburgh at Colorado
(8:10 pm)
Detroit at LA Angels
(9:05 pm)
LA Dodgers at San Francisco
(9:05 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact