Greinke for Uggla and Hart?(Similar batters in FA pool) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Greinke for Uggla and Hart?(Similar batters in FA pool)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Greinke for Uggla and Hart?(Similar batters in FA pool)

Postby OldDirtyBatter » Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:54 pm

Standard Yahoo 5x5 H2H. This trade was already vetoed as Greinke/Drew for Uggla/Hart. Resubmitted today.

First Place Team offering Uggla and Hart
Kurt Suzuki
Kevin Youkilis
Orlando Hudson
Mark Reynolds
Ryan Theriot
Grady Sizemore
Luke Scott
Kendry Morales
Aaron Hill
Jason Bartlett
Cliff Lee
Josh Beckett
Justin Verlander
Gavin Floyd
Joe Nathan
Heath Bell
Wandy Rodríguez
Kerry Wood
Michael Bourn
Dan Uggla
Geovany Soto
Johnny Damon
Corey Hart
Ryan Dempster
Brandon Webb

5th place team giving Greinke
Bengie Molina
Todd Helton
Marco Scutaro
David Wright
Derek Jeter
Alfonso Soriano
Vernon Wells
Vladimir Guerrero
Derrek Lee
Willy Taveras
Zack Greinke
Scott Kazmir
Armando Galarraga
Matt Garza
Francisco Rodríguez
Bobby Jenks
Mike Pelfrey
Ryan Franklin
Jim Thome
J.D. Drew
Delmon Young
Mike Lowell
Roy Oswalt
John Lackey
Randy Johnson

It is a 10 team league and our free agent pool consists of Ian Stewart an exact match for Uggla and Cody Ross or Michael Cuddyer who are better options than Hart. Greinke should command some top hitting, not borderline league waiver wire material. It is very likely going to get vetoed again, just looking for some opinions.

Thank you for any response

ODB
OldDirtyBatter
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Greinke for Uggla and Hart?(Similar batters in FA pool)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:17 pm

i dont think that should be vetoed at all
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby yearbend » Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:07 am

i would veto that.

thank you very much for the sig, soty!
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=45974

^^ soty's profile page ^^
yearbend
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Bobbleheadrusty » Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:19 am

I don't get the whole Posting of the roster thing on vetoes. Its not your job to consider that stuff. Unless the trade is lopsided enough to make you consider that there is dumping then just shut up and let it go...

Besides, you've got one guy overproducing based on history for two guys who are well under their average performance. If I was trying to find HRs without paying full price Hart and Uggla are among my top choices.
Bobbleheadrusty
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby schmidty » Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:37 pm

Well, it's a bad trade to be sure. Though preseason, it would've been considered a steal (and probably vetoed in many leagues) in the other direction. Funny how our perceptions of players (as far as fantasy value is concerned) can change so much in half a season, without even any injuries or demotions being involved.
Last edited by schmidty on Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
schmidty
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Bobbleheadrusty » Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:42 pm

schmidty wrote:Well, it's a bad trade to be sure. Though preseason, it would've been considered a steal (and probably vetoed in many leagues) in the other direction. Funny how our perceptions of players (as far as fantasy value is concerned) can change so much in half a season, without even any injuries or demotions being involved.

However, it's odd that Greinke/Drew for Uggla/Hart was already vetoed, and these guys turn right around and resubmit by making the trade even more lopsided. If it was an honest trade attempt, you'd think the managers would at least try a little. Make a posting on the league message boards explaining why they think the trade is good for them (at least from the 5th place team). Or resubmit by having the 1st place include an extra player with perceived value.

HUH?!? So you think Greinke for Uggla/Hart is uneven and the Greinke side is giving up to much, but Greinke/Drew for Uggla/Hart is LESS uneven? You lose your right to comment on this trade.
Bobbleheadrusty
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby schmidty » Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:41 pm

Bobbleheadrusty wrote:
schmidty wrote:Well, it's a bad trade to be sure. Though preseason, it would've been considered a steal (and probably vetoed in many leagues) in the other direction. Funny how our perceptions of players (as far as fantasy value is concerned) can change so much in half a season, without even any injuries or demotions being involved.

However, it's odd that Greinke/Drew for Uggla/Hart was already vetoed, and these guys turn right around and resubmit by making the trade even more lopsided. If it was an honest trade attempt, you'd think the managers would at least try a little. Make a posting on the league message boards explaining why they think the trade is good for them (at least from the 5th place team). Or resubmit by having the 1st place include an extra player with perceived value.

HUH?!? So you think Greinke for Uggla/Hart is uneven and the Greinke side is giving up to much, but Greinke/Drew for Uggla/Hart is LESS uneven? You lose your right to comment on this trade.

Ah, I misread the post. My bad. But thanks for being a jerk about it :-t
schmidty
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby OldDirtyBatter » Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:04 pm

Bobbleheadrusty wrote:I don't get the whole Posting of the roster thing on vetoes. Its not your job to consider that stuff. Unless the trade is lopsided enough to make you consider that there is dumping then just shut up and let it go...

Besides, you've got one guy overproducing based on history for two guys who are well under their average performance. If I was trying to find HRs without paying full price Hart and Uggla are among my top choices.

Why give a starter the caliber of Greinke to the #1 team for Hart with Cuddyer and Ross in the waiver pool, and Uggla with Ian Stewart in the waiver pool. You are not getting anything better than what you can pick up for nothing.

The trade did not go through.
OldDirtyBatter
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Return to Commissioner's Corner