yahoo, standings from previous date? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

yahoo, standings from previous date?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: yahoo, standings from previous date?

Postby markj11 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:55 pm

Fantasy Sports Genie wrote:I think we may even have that data is the ironic thing. Just not surfaced anywhere. Or I could be remembering wrong. In my copious free time I'll have to look into it :-)

Did you look into this? I made a booboo, my league awards money for second half most improved. The commissioner, me, forgot to write down the team totals at the ASB.
I ain't askin' nobody for nothin, If I can't get it on my own. - Charlie Daniels
markj11
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:04 pm

markj11 wrote:
Fantasy Sports Genie wrote:I think we may even have that data is the ironic thing. Just not surfaced anywhere. Or I could be remembering wrong. In my copious free time I'll have to look into it :-)

Did you look into this? I made a booboo, my league awards money for second half most improved. The commissioner, me, forgot to write down the team totals at the ASB.

Thanks for the reminder. Sure enough, at least for roto leagues, there it is. Looks like we have the standings and full standings data for every day during the year.

How to display this data in an intuitive manner is an interesting question, but nice to know we have the data. That is sort of a necessary prerequisite.
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 91)

Postby markj11 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:58 am

Fantasy Sports Genie wrote:
markj11 wrote:

Thanks for the reminder. Sure enough, at least for roto leagues, there it is. Looks like we have the standings and full standings data for every day during the year.

How to display this data in an intuitive manner is an interesting question, but nice to know we have the data. That is sort of a necessary prerequisite.

Simple:

or:
I ain't askin' nobody for nothin, If I can't get it on my own. - Charlie Daniels
markj11
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Bwanna » Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:14 am

Having a date menu/selector at the top of the 'Standings' page would be a start, but ideally I'd like to see a simple line graph of the data by team (x-axis), and date (y-axis), showing one stat category at time, which was selectable. Does that make sense?

A line graph showing a trend in each category would be EXTREMELY helpful in determining needs.

Of course, any access to the data would be appreciated, even if it were just made available as a CSV download (actually, that would allow us to create our own graphs ;D)
[reg season/playoffs]
LFoD '08 [1st/3rd], '10 [1st/3rd], '11 [1st/2nd], '12 [1st/1st]
123Innings '08 [1st/1st], '09 [1st/3rd], '10 [1st/4th], '12 [4th/2nd]
BRAL '09 2nd, '10 1st
Cool 3.0 '08 1st
Bwanna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 323)

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:22 am

markj11 wrote:
Fantasy Sports Genie wrote:
markj11 wrote:

Simple:

or:

It isn't "Simple", in that you immediately came up with two options, Bwanna quickly came up with a 3rd, and before I posted I had 2 or 3 others that aren't listed here heh... and since we aren't likely to put in 12 different ways to see it, it would be an interesting discussion for our designers to come up with the 1 or 2 best ways. That was what I meant :-)
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 91)

Postby markj11 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:37 am

I just meant it could be done "simple", but I see you have larger goals. ;-D
markj11
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Syfo-Dyas » Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:05 pm

I saved my roto standings every monday in the past 6 years and I have it on my computer.

Its just that before seasons start I saved the Yahoo standings page, cleaned it cause I dont need the ads, the unnecessery links and drop down menus etc... that I was able to recognize and remove without screwing up the whole thing, and inserted a link to every week saved on my computer, so I can look up any week with a click, and thats it.
Every monday I just make a copy of my standings htm on my computer, rename it, and copy paste the new stats into it.
Takes about a minute.
Oh well, now I had to do the minor change since Yahoo inserted GP and IP into the standings, but didnt take long.
the awesome sig by soty

"You should be mindful of the future, but not at the expense of the
moment." - Qui-Gon Jinn (keeper league expert?)
Syfo-Dyas
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers