Beltran - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Beltran

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Beltran

Postby bazzy_51 » Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:18 pm

bazzy_51 wrote:well a day after making his return apparently Beltran hurt his ankle. I'm trying to find a link but not having much success yet. The game is still going on against Florida and there is nothing in the boxscore on yahoo yet about him leaving the game.

Only reason i know about this, or heard about it, is I'm watching the Yankee/Ray game on ESPN and the announcers just said something about it. Quoted "Beltran left the game today after coming back 1 game ago with a sprained or strained ankle." Check into this all you can if you have started using Beltran in your lineup again, could be simple or more complex cuz as I said they said he left the game with it. I'll keep trying to run down a link once it comes up...

Mets just can't catch a break this year...

BTW this came from Steve Phillips and I think hes either A. severely mistaken B. Yahoo is severely mistaken or C. Phillips is just an idiot.

Reason being after i posted this i checked back with the yahoo boxscore and its showing that hes currently up to bat, so this may actually have been a pointless post simply because Steve Phillips is a moron.

Stay Tuned...

Great thanks to soto for the sweet sig!...
bazzy_51
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Magnus_CA » Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:51 pm

He did leave to get his ankle taped but came right back. Manuel said he'd probably give him the day off tomorrow but it doesn't sound serious.
Magnus_CA
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 2)

Postby bazzy_51 » Thu May 13, 2010 6:54 pm

FWIW:

Carlos Beltran (knee) told New York Newsday that he is running without pain.

"Thank God there's no pain," said Beltran, who began a running program at the team's minor league complex on Monday. "It's a learning process for me to start running again, so right now I'm thinking about how to make it perfect. Today was the first day I ran and didn't have to think about it. I was happy with today. Today was a pretty good day." Beltran also took batting off a machine on Wednesday and launched several balls over the fence. He hopes to begin sprinting by the end of next week, but declined to offer a timeline on his potential return.

-Rotoworld.com

God I'm so glad I don't own this clown in any leagues this year.

bazzy_51
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby DaSh 1s » Thu May 13, 2010 8:51 pm

bazzy_51 wrote:FWIW:

"Thank God there's no pain," said Beltran, who began a running program at the team's minor league complex on Monday. "It's a learning process for me to start running again, so right now I'm thinking about how to make it perfect. Today was the first day I ran and didn't have to think about it. I was happy with today. Today was a pretty good day." Beltran also took batting off a machine on Wednesday and launched several balls over the fence. He hopes to begin sprinting by the end of next week, but declined to offer a timeline on his potential return.

-Rotoworld.com

Why? I got him in the 14th round in 2 leagues and I am stoked about it.
B-Chad wrote:Pedroia's LD rate of 20% is reason to believe he'll maintain a higher BA then Cano. It should also be noted he hits more FB's then Cano, which means that even if he posts a lower HR/FB then Cano, he should come in reasonably close to Cano in HR's
DaSh 1s
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 1)

Postby bazzy_51 » Fri May 14, 2010 2:43 am

DaSh 1s wrote:
bazzy_51 wrote:FWIW:

-Rotoworld.com

Why? I got him in the 14th round in 2 leagues and I am stoked about it.

Yay! Sooooo excited for you! 14th round on a player who won't play at least the first 2 months of the year, that is if everything goes as planned and he doesn't hurt something else. Plus what are the odds hes 100% AT ALL this year? Slim to none. You drafted a 14th rounder who might bat in a few runs, won't have HR totals worth dog poo and won't be running at all for fear he blows his legs out somehow. Brilliant. Move of the year for sure!

bazzy_51
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby DaSh 1s » Fri May 14, 2010 8:06 am

bazzy_51 wrote:Yay! Sooooo excited for you! 14th round on a player who won't play at least the first 2 months of the year, that is if everything goes as planned and he doesn't hurt something else. Plus what are the odds hes 100% AT ALL this year? Slim to none. You drafted a 14th rounder who might bat in a few runs, won't have HR totals worth dog poo and won't be running at all for fear he blows his legs out somehow. Brilliant. Move of the year for sure!

It's H2H. I will take Beltran on a week to week basis than some of those other 14th rounders
B-Chad wrote:Pedroia's LD rate of 20% is reason to believe he'll maintain a higher BA then Cano. It should also be noted he hits more FB's then Cano, which means that even if he posts a lower HR/FB then Cano, he should come in reasonably close to Cano in HR's
DaSh 1s
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby quitesanemax » Tue May 18, 2010 2:39 pm

Wow, don't hold anything in now. We want to know how you really feel about Beltran! Lol.

Picking up Beltran in the 14th round wasn't a bad move at the beginning of the season. Sure it was a gamble, because of his injury situation, but if you win that gamble, your could get the output of a 2nd or 3rd rounder easily for the rest of the season. If he misses two months, and then goes back to what he was before he got plagued by injuries last year, then this guy will be very happy with picking up Beltran in the 14th round. And your speculation about what he will do when he gets back is purely that... speculation. I know that I had him last year, and he was one of the better players on my roster before he started getting hit by injuries. He is definitely a guy who is willing to play through minor injuries too... one problem is that he needs a manager who is smart enough to know that he shouldn't be playing through an injury. If the Mets had one of those managers last year, Beltran wouldn't have been taken so late in drafts this season.

Of course you don't get a guy like Beltran that late in the draft unless it is a year like this where it is a gamble because of injuries... I think he was a good pickup in the 14th round if you have enough bench spots for him, or if you have DL spots. He went around the same time in my league.

Max
quitesanemax
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby DaSh 1s » Thu May 27, 2010 7:26 pm

His Yahoo update today is just devastating. I thought Mid May when I drafted him..
DaSh 1s
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Previous

Return to Injuries & Player Updates