Beltran - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Beltran

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Beltran

Postby T Long » Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:27 pm

How long do you think until he is back? And how good will he be when he does return?
Piano Man
T Long
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Beltran

Postby T Long » Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:19 pm

anyone...
Piano Man
T Long
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby TurdFerguson » Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:05 pm

Ive been wondering the same thing..I'm guessing it will be early to mid August unfortunately..I need him back bad..
TurdFerguson
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Eightan » Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:57 pm

At first it was supposed to be right after the All Star break, a.k.a. this week. However, now it's looking more like mid-August. As for how he'll do... unfortunately I dropped my crystal ball yesterday and now it seems to be broken, but I can only guess that since he'd been playing with the injury up until he went on the DL, I see no reason why he shouldn't continue his great play if he is fully healthy.
you can't live the dream, if you don't play the game
Eightan
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby pokerplaya » Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:15 pm

Once he comes back, I see no reason that he doesn't return to his normally excellent production. When that might be, however, is hard to tell. Probably not for a few more weeks, unfortunately.
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)

Postby RenT » Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:03 pm

Yeah everything now is saying mid august (late july/early august if we're REALLY lucky)... my team is hurting badly missing him. I'd be in a good spot to move up the rankings in the 2nd half here with him, but as it stands now I have to start both Jose Guillen and Jack Cust. %-6
RenT
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby TurdFerguson » Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:55 am

Anyone read anything on Beltran lately? This is frustrating! there is never really any news oh him..
TurdFerguson
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby pokerplaya » Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:42 am

TurdFerguson wrote:Anyone read anything on Beltran lately? This is frustrating! there is never really any news oh him..

Ed Coleman (of 660 AM in NY) reported yesterday that he wouldn't be surprised if Beltran is out for the season. With the Mets having fallen from contention, and the knee not really improving much, the Mets could just shut him down indefinitely and have him at 100% for next year. Take this for what it is worth - this isn't a statement from the Mets or anything and is merely conjecture, but Ed Coleman is one of the best when it comes to analyzing the Mets.
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)

Postby TurdFerguson » Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:16 pm

pokerplaya wrote:
TurdFerguson wrote:Anyone read anything on Beltran lately? This is frustrating! there is never really any news oh him..

Ed Coleman (of 660 AM in NY) reported yesterday that he wouldn't be surprised if Beltran is out for the season. With the Mets having fallen from contention, and the knee not really improving much, the Mets could just shut him down indefinitely and have him at 100% for next year. Take this for what it is worth - this isn't a statement from the Mets or anything and is merely conjecture, but Ed Coleman is one of the best when it comes to analyzing the Mets.

That's what I feared..
TurdFerguson
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby wildbill » Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:39 am

Fri, Jul 24

Beltran will get another MRI on his injured right knee next week to see if the bone bruises that have kept him out since late June have subsided, the Star-Ledger reports.

Recommendation: Surgery has not yet been ruled out and a decision as to the next step for Beltran will come following the MRI exam.
(Rotowire.com)
wildbill
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Next

Return to Injuries & Player Updates