Braves/Mets swap Francoeur for Church - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Braves/Mets swap Francoeur for Church

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Braves/Mets swap Francoeur for Church

Postby DaSh 1s » Sat Jul 11, 2009 5:44 pm

lol Omar!

When I heard the news I near peed myself. Met fans are going to LOVE Frenchie's .270 OBP

"If on-base percentage is so important, then why don't they put it up on the scoreboard?" - Jeff Francoeur

2009 OPS+ 68

lol, oh man Omar.
B-Chad wrote:Pedroia's LD rate of 20% is reason to believe he'll maintain a higher BA then Cano. It should also be noted he hits more FB's then Cano, which means that even if he posts a lower HR/FB then Cano, he should come in reasonably close to Cano in HR's
DaSh 1s
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mac-unit » Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:46 pm

The Mets needed a righty bat. So they got rid of one of the guys who still need to learn the fundamentals, like running the bases.

Big deal, Churches career OBP is 35 points higher(partially because he never played a full season since he is always hurt), but last I checked Church has the power of a bench util guy, so I'll swap 35 points of OBP for 30 potential homeruns.
mac-unit
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 8)

Postby DaSh 1s » Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:25 pm

mac-unit wrote:The Mets needed a righty bat. So they got rid of one of the guys who still need to learn the fundamentals, like running the bases.

Big deal, Churches career OBP is 35 points higher(partially because he never played a full season since he is always hurt), but last I checked Church has the power of a bench util guy, so I'll swap 35 points of OBP for 30 potential homeruns.

Francoeur's 2008 OPS+ added to his 2009 OPS+ is 8 points higher than Posada's in 2009, 11 points higher than Damons in 2009, 12 higher than Matsui's in 2009 and 13 higher than Jeter's in 2009.

It's also less than Teixeira's and A-Rods.

If he was a team in the NL, he would have the worst OBP, by 30 points.

He's about as good as the ebola virus. Don't get me wrong Church is nothing special. I just don't understand why Omar is even wasting his time with Franceour.
B-Chad wrote:Pedroia's LD rate of 20% is reason to believe he'll maintain a higher BA then Cano. It should also be noted he hits more FB's then Cano, which means that even if he posts a lower HR/FB then Cano, he should come in reasonably close to Cano in HR's
DaSh 1s
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 1)

Postby CadensDad » Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:54 pm

To anyone in NL only leagues I'd keep a eye out for Frenchy and what he does over the next 2 weeks. I think he could bounce back some and give you some solid numbers from here on out.

“Never argue with a idiot, because first they will bring you down to their level. Then beat you with experience.”
CadensDad
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Crazed98 » Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:49 pm

CadensDad wrote:To anyone in NL only leagues I'd keep a eye out for Frenchy and what he does over the next 2 weeks. I think he could bounce back some and give you some solid numbers from here on out.

I've been thinking the same he's looking pretty good. Mets play at Rockies and Phillies beginning of September he'll get some hrs there.
Crazed98
College Coach
College Coach

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers