20 Teams - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

20 Teams

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

20 Teams

Postby rjforlife » Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:22 pm

Last season we had 12 teams, with 4 teams in each division and the three division winners and 1 wildcard were in the playoffs in week 15 and 16. Worked out great. This year we have 20 teams. Its way too much for one league I feel, but we don't want to entirely split up. So what is the best course of action?

I was thinking have 2 leagues, 2 divisions each with 5 in each division. The two division winners and 2 wildcards make it to the playoffs in each league, for a total of 8 in the division. Then each league plays until its league champ in week 15, with the two league champs meeting in week 16 for a "Super Bowl" I doubt there is a site that will do that last week for us but manually doing 1 game 1 week wouldn't kill me.

With 5 teams in each division and 13 weeks of regular season play, that allows 2 games against each team in your division (4 teams x 2 games = 8 games) and 1 game against each other team in the other division (5) for a total of 8+5=13 weeks. The main issue is the final game having conflicting players, but I don't see how that really kills the idea.

Just wanted to know what everyone thought of that idea since its all I really could think of, and also wanted to hear if people had other suggestions for 20 owners that want to have some sort of combined/together league?
Goldy is King.
rjforlife
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 738)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Baseball Leftovers