WIll Jake Fox get some PT? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

WIll Jake Fox get some PT?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

WIll Jake Fox get some PT?

Postby raysfan4life » Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:30 pm

This is what I read, courtesy of Rotowire and ESPN:

If Geovany Soto were to land on the DL due to his oblique injury, Fox would be the Cubs' backup catcher, the Chicago Sun-Times reports.
Spin: The team is so desperate for offense, that it might even give him a few starts a week there, should he show he can handle it, and should Soto require a DL stint. If Fox acquires catcher eligibility, he's certainly worth a look in deeper two-catcher leagues.
Wed, Jul 8

Any chance this has legs and Sweet Lou might try to get Jake in the line-up...or more to the point, is Fox worth stashing away on the bench, in your opinion?
raysfan4life
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: WIll Jake Fox get some PT?

Postby Old_Style » Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:06 pm

I'd be surprised if he put on the catching gear.

His best bet for playing time is whenever the corner outfielders or Ramirez need a blow. It's possible he gets a start during when one of the games on Sunday.
Old_Style
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mblax10 » Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:51 pm

I would say it's very likely Fox catches. How long it takes him to get 5 starts or whatever you need to gain eligibility in your league is to be seen.

The Cubs need bats in the lineup and Koyie Hill can't hit. Fox caught a few games earlier this year in Iowa and was a full time catcher just a few years ago. I realize it's only a few games before the ASB, but when Soto was DL'd they called up a RP leaving Hill and Fox as the only C on the roster.
mblax10
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Old_Style » Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:33 pm

mblax10 wrote:I would say it's very likely Fox catches. How long it takes him to get 5 starts or whatever you need to gain eligibility in your league is to be seen.

The Cubs need bats in the lineup and Koyie Hill can't hit. Fox caught a few games earlier this year in Iowa and was a full time catcher just a few years ago. I realize it's only a few games before the ASB, but when Soto was DL'd they called up a RP leaving Hill and Fox as the only C on the roster.

Actually, they called up Sam Fuld.
I still say Hill catches every inning this weekend and the Cubs will look for a backup over the break.

EDIT: Nevermind, I guess I was wrong. Lou said there's a chance Fox catches one of the games tomorrow.
Old_Style
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Injuries & Player Updates