Bill Gates playing God for a fee - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Bill Gates playing God for a fee

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Bill Gates playing God for a fee

Postby urbanbreez » Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:55 am

I don't know what to tell you, friend. It's a fact.

The temp spike in 1998 was a result of El Nino, over the last decade, which is still a pretty small sample size, there has been no significant change in global temp.

I've included this link for your viewing pleasure. Boring at first but then gets good when Global Warming is exposed as just another excuse to tax Citizens.
[url]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFK-UTGH1Zw&NR=1[/url]
urbanbreez
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby JTWood » Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:28 am

urbanbreez wrote:I don't know what to tell you, friend. It's a fact.

The temp spike in 1998 was a result of El Nino, over the last decade, which is still a pretty small sample size, there has been no significant change in global temp.

I've included this link for your viewing pleasure. Boring at first but then gets good when Global Warming is exposed as just another excuse to tax Citizens.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFK-UTGH1Zw&NR=1

I wish everyone discussing climate change would step back from their ledge and consider the middle ground:

One side needs to fess up and admit that the math behind the theory of global warming is pretty darn solid. The greenhouse gases resist the sun's radiation very, very well to the extent that the energy is significantly weakened as it hits the earth. As a result, there is a much greater likelihood that any radiation that has come into contact with greenhouse gases will stay within the atmosphere, where it will radiate its energy in the form of heat. And it's not like this math is that complicated. I've done the basic proof, and I have an accounting degree.

On the other hand, no one has been able to definitively prove that pumping X amount of greenhouse gases into the atmosphere will cause Y amount of radiant temperature gain. There are a ton of other factors that could mitigate, or even amplify, the impact of greenhouse gases that experiments have a hard time modeling simply due to the size of the earth and the massive number of variables that are in effect on a system that large. Also, the amount of data available is just not enough to make a statistically significant determination about something as old as this planet. I've seen the proof here, too. Anyone with who's taken a stats class can do it. The link between current climate fluctuations and greenhouse gas emissions cannot absolutely be made, so other alternatives must be considered as potential contributors with respect to our current situation (sun spots, ya'll?).

So we have a product that can be dangerous... and we're not sure if it's actually being deleterious to life yet. How about we start reigning in our emissions now so that we don't get to that point anytime soon? Let's not go crazy and never drive our cars again or turn off every coal-fired plant in the world tomorrow. We need to consider that economic disruptions can be just as bad for mankind as climate change in the short-term, but let's not ignore the fact that in the long term, if we keep going the way we had been going, something bad will eventually happen.
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby Yoda » Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:55 am

JTWood wrote:
urbanbreez wrote:I don't know what to tell you, friend. It's a fact.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFK-UTGH1Zw&NR=1

I wish everyone discussing climate change would step back from their ledge and consider the middle ground:

One side needs to fess up and admit that the math behind the theory of global warming is pretty darn solid. The greenhouse gases resist the sun's radiation very, very well to the extent that the energy is significantly weakened as it hits the earth. As a result, there is a much greater likelihood that any radiation that has come into contact with greenhouse gases will stay within the atmosphere, where it will radiate its energy in the form of heat. And it's not like this math is that complicated. I've done the basic proof, and I have an accounting degree.

On the other hand, no one has been able to definitively prove that pumping X amount of greenhouse gases into the atmosphere will cause Y amount of radiant temperature gain. There are a ton of other factors that could mitigate, or even amplify, the impact of greenhouse gases that experiments have a hard time modeling simply due to the size of the earth and the massive number of variables that are in effect on a system that large. Also, the amount of data available is just not enough to make a statistically significant determination about something as old as this planet. I've seen the proof here, too. Anyone with who's taken a stats class can do it. The link between current climate fluctuations and greenhouse gas emissions cannot absolutely be made, so other alternatives must be considered as potential contributors with respect to our current situation (sun spots, ya'll?).

So we have a product that can be dangerous... and we're not sure if it's actually being deleterious to life yet. How about we start reigning in our emissions now so that we don't get to that point anytime soon? Let's not go crazy and never drive our cars again or turn off every coal-fired plant in the world tomorrow. We need to consider that economic disruptions can be just as bad for mankind as climate change in the short-term, but let's not ignore the fact that in the long term, if we keep going the way we had been going, something bad will eventually happen.

Summed up perfectly. There is a middle ground somewhere. I tend to lean towards the environmentalists but you need to consider their own agenda as well (funding).
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby jlm53089 » Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:35 pm

Its cool.
We are already creating rain...
http://macedoniaonline.eu/content/view/7330/56/
jlm53089
General Manager
General Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 3)

Postby acsguitar » Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:18 pm

jlm53089 wrote:Its cool.

Meh Pacman jones makes it rain like every night
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby JTWood » Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:57 am

acsguitar wrote:
jlm53089 wrote:Its cool.

Meh Pacman jones makes it rain like every night

But now everyone will get to enjoy it, instead of a select few half dozen or so...
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Previous

Return to General Talk