Lets list pitchers who may be shut down (IP LIMITS) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Lets list pitchers who may be shut down (IP LIMITS)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Lets list pitchers who may be shut down (IP LIMITS)

Postby CadensDad » Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:08 pm

haymarket wrote:Tommy Hanson?

I dont think he will come close to getting shut down, he only has 36 IP now and I think they'd be willing to give him at least 140-150. Thats good for another 14 or 15 starts and thats more than enough to get throught the rest of the year and maybe the playoffs.

“Never argue with a idiot, because first they will bring you down to their level. Then beat you with experience.”
CadensDad
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Yoda » Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:09 pm

freakshow wrote:
Yoda wrote:Kershaw

Why Kershaw? Looks like he had 165+ IP last year so 190-200 IP is not a huge stretch for this year is it?

They'll be in the playoffs and if he is their top 3 pitcher then I would almost guarantee that his IP will be limited especially with a significant lead in the division.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Yoda » Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:09 pm

CadensDad wrote:

I dont think he will come close to getting shut down, he only has 36 IP now and I think they'd be willing to give him at least 140-150. Thats good for another 14 or 15 starts and thats more than enough to get throught the rest of the year and maybe the playoffs.

Ummm so Minor League IP's don't count? :-D
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby CadensDad » Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:50 pm

Yoda wrote:
CadensDad wrote:

Ummm so Minor League IP's don't count? :-D

I did forget about those, so that could factor into him some, but unless the Braves are just out of contention I don't think he will be shut down

“Never argue with a idiot, because first they will bring you down to their level. Then beat you with experience.”
CadensDad
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Giambis » Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:14 pm

I don't think he'll be shutdown, but I think the Royals will be monitoring Greinke closely and will probably start to pull him earlier and earlier in games moving forward, as they'll obviously be out of it down the stretch. He's on pace for 245 innings this year, which would be a 40 inning spike, and he's admitted to some fatigue already. He was pulled at 100 pitches last night.
Again, I don't think he'll be shut down, because the Royals don't have a huge long term stake here (a free agent after 2010, I think), and he's really their only drawing card for attendance. But I wouldn't be shocked if they limited his innings.

Edit: Scratch the free agent bit. He's under control till 2012. All the more reason for the Royals to exercise caution.
Giambis
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Yoda » Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:45 pm

CadensDad wrote:I did forget about those, so that could factor into him some, but unless the Braves are just out of contention I don't think he will be shut down

He had 66 IP at AAA prior to the call up... this is after throwing in AFL. Contention or not, they will have to limit his IPs.
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Ursa » Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:26 pm

For those of us in deeper leagues, Brad Bergeson of the Orioles is just coming up on 100 IP right now in his first year. As the Orioles fal out of it, he might get more protected.
Ursa
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby fezzik » Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:08 pm

This doesn't have a anything to do with young arms which need rest, but Bedard is worrying me a little. He's been shut down for a couple weeks on two separate occasions this season due to shoulder soreness/inflammation. I could see his innings getting limited or him being held to a tight pitch count. :-/
fezzik
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby Havok1517 » Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:46 pm

I'd be happy to see Cueto and Vazquez, when he returns, to be shut down if the Reds fall out of it.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 122)

Postby Guzman24 » Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:58 am

Anyone have any opinon on Josh Johnson? First full season since TJ surgery in '07 ??
Guzman24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

(Past Year: 1)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers