100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

European Vacation

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: European Vacation

Postby Dan Lambskin » Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:05 pm

kimchi_chigae wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:
AussieDodger wrote:I've always wanted to go to Tokyo, I reckon it would be like going to Mars 8-o

been there...it was awesome. stayed in Roppongi which is kind of like their red-light district and also went to Shinjuku which is like their Times Square. also went to the Maji Shrine which was pretty cool. i was only there a couple of nights though, and i would defintaley like to go back

If you stayed in Roppongi, you must certainly have gone to Osaka Jail. :-L

nah...we were there on business, so we kept it fairly tame.
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bigh0rt » Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:31 pm

Not that this will be helpful to the original posted, since I have no idea on pricing these days, but when I was in high school I played soccer in Spain for an entire summer, in Madrid and Barcelona (as well as touring the countryside), and I recommend that everybody visit the country if at all possible. It does not disappoint in any way.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 814)

Postby kimchi_chigae » Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:53 pm

bigh0rt wrote:Not that this will be helpful to the original posted, since I have no idea on pricing these days, but when I was in high school I played soccer in Spain for an entire summer, in Madrid and Barcelona (as well as touring the countryside), and I recommend that everybody visit the country if at all possible. It does not disappoint in any way.

Barcelona is beautiful. The only problem I have with it is its location if you are traveling on a tight budget and only have a week or so. It's a little far from other "major" cities, which means you probably need to fly there, making things a little more expensive. Unless, of course, you have already been to Paris, Amsterdam and Rome, or have no interest in going there, then you can probably get to Barcelona by plane and maybe make your way to the South of France by train, instead of going to Barcelona by plane and then flying to another major city.
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 608)

Postby The Artful Dodger » Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:24 pm

kimchi_chigae wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:Not that this will be helpful to the original posted, since I have no idea on pricing these days, but when I was in high school I played soccer in Spain for an entire summer, in Madrid and Barcelona (as well as touring the countryside), and I recommend that everybody visit the country if at all possible. It does not disappoint in any way.

Barcelona is beautiful. The only problem I have with it is its location if you are traveling on a tight budget and only have a week or so. It's a little far from other "major" cities, which means you probably need to fly there, making things a little more expensive. Unless, of course, you have already been to Paris, Amsterdam and Rome, or have no interest in going there, then you can probably get to Barcelona by plane and maybe make your way to the South of France by train, instead of going to Barcelona by plane and then flying to another major city.

It's actually more expensive to fly than take the train if say, you're traveling from Barcelona to Paris (assuming economy). The only advantage with flying is you can get there non-stop. If you don't mind taking a connecting line, then taking the train for less makes sense and you see more of the country.

Also, the AVE high speed line from Madrid to Barcelona opened up about more than a year ago. I believe the AVE can take you from one stop to the other in 2 hours.
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 451)

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:32 pm

kimchi_chigae wrote:If you are in India and looking for a cheap place to travel to, forget Europe and go to Southeast Asia.

yea i agree. it's not like india is right next to europe, i don't know why you made that connection. i'd do the southeast asia thing too, my friend did it backpacking recently and he enjoyed it very much. you must try the opium pizzas.
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby mtxdevil » Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:02 am

Going to Spain next Friday for 12 days before I start med school. I can't wait!

Flying into Barcelona then going to Sevilla -> Cordoba -> Granada -> Madrid -> day trip to Toledo -> back to Barcelona.

;-D
mtxdevil
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby urbanbreez » Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:13 am

European Vacation.

Probably the best one out of all the National Lampoons featuring Chevy Chase. ;-)

But seriously, nothing quite like the redlight district in Amsterdamn. ;-D ;-D ;-D
urbanbreez
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby The Artful Dodger » Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:27 am

mtxdevil wrote:Going to Spain next Friday for 12 days before I start med school. I can't wait!

Flying into Barcelona then going to Sevilla -> Cordoba -> Granada -> Madrid -> day trip to Toledo -> back to Barcelona.

;-D

Good man, you're going to Barcelona twice. ;-D

Sevilla is nice. There are many nice hangouts and tapas bars scattered all over the place and in good proximity of each other. It sounds like you're doing the traditional touristy cultural towns. Cordoba is also nice. I've only been there and Granada once, but I had visited both during the Winter. There's some prime skiing territory in the Sierra Nevadas. Toledo is a nice change from Madrid, but I think Cordoba/Granada are more of my cup of tea.
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The Artful Dodger » Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:30 am

urbanbreez wrote:But seriously, nothing quite like the redlight district in Amsterdamn. ;-D ;-D ;-D

I ferried there once from England just to go to De Wallen. :-b I had seen some other stuff in my daytrip to Amsterdam, but mainly I just wanted to do the quick coffeeshop and Red Light tour, just to say I did it. I surely want to stay longer in Amsterdam the next time around. ;-D
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

Postby Dan Lambskin » Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:33 am

urbanbreez wrote:European Vacation.

Probably the best one out of all the National Lampoons featuring Chevy Chase. ;-)

But seriously, nothing quite like the redlight district in Amsterdamn. ;-D ;-D ;-D

Christmas Vacation FTW
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk