must you tag the runner? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

must you tag the runner?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: must you tag the runner?

Postby lastingsgriller » Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:31 pm

it not a matter of whether he was safe or not.. he avoided a bad tag. thats not the issue. this issue was the he was being a whiney girl about a missed call in a situation where he never should have been running and the ball was there before he was.
Follow me on the twit! @chadmiller16
lastingsgriller
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 406)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bigh0rt » Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:57 pm

lastingsgriller wrote:it not a matter of whether he was safe or not.. he avoided a bad tag. thats not the issue. this issue was the he was being a whiney girl about a missed call in a situation where he never should have been running and the ball was there before he was.

For starters, it certainly is a matter of whether he was safe or not. He was safe. He was incorrectly called out. Then, on top of that, he was given a ridiculous explanation for why he was called out. I loathe the Yankees, and I think he was well within his rights to react the way that he did, especially considering it's probably the first time I've ever seen such behavior from him in the last decade and a half. Whether or not he should have been running or when the ball there is what is irrelevant here, because in spite of all that, he was safe and not called such.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 839)

Postby Pogotheostrich » Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:32 am

Bad calls happen all the time. He wasn't throwing a fit about the call. He got upset when the ump gave him the ridiculous answer. Being bad at your job is one thing, but not caring that you are bad and not putting forth any effort at your job is another.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 463)

Postby neoforce » Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:39 am

bigh0rt wrote:
lastingsgriller wrote:it not a matter of whether he was safe or not.. he avoided a bad tag. thats not the issue. this issue was the he was being a whiney girl about a missed call in a situation where he never should have been running and the ball was there before he was.

For starters, it certainly is a matter of whether he was safe or not. He was safe. He was incorrectly called out. Then, on top of that, he was given a ridiculous explanation for why he was called out. I loathe the Yankees, and I think he was well within his rights to react the way that he did, especially considering it's probably the first time I've ever seen such behavior from him in the last decade and a half. Whether or not he should have been running or when the ball there is what is irrelevant here, because in spite of all that, he was safe and not called such.

+1

I obviously don't loath the Yankees, but other than that I agree with everything bighOrt said here.

PS First visit to Citi Field tonight!! Got field tickets well under face value at stub hub!
There are a few things with the New York Yankees that never change. That's pride, tradition, and most of all, we have the greatest fans in the world. -Derek Jeter, 9/21/08 -- last words from old Yankee Stadium
neoforce
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 4)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers