Tour de France 2009 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Tour de France 2009

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Tour de France 2009

Postby The Artful Dodger » Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:53 pm

kimchi_chigae wrote:
The Artful Dodger wrote:I found out the next Tour stage stops in Barcelona tomorrow. Sweet! Visca el Barca, visca Catalunya! B-)

Barcelona - Andorre Arcalis, Friday's stage, should be a good one. First difficult climb. ;-D

I feel for David Millar falling short of the stage win today, but here's to a promising duel between Armstrong and Cancellara tomorrow. ;-D
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 677)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby kimchi_chigae » Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:11 pm

The Artful Dodger wrote:
kimchi_chigae wrote:
The Artful Dodger wrote:I found out the next Tour stage stops in Barcelona tomorrow. Sweet! Visca el Barca, visca Catalunya! B-)

Barcelona - Andorre Arcalis, Friday's stage, should be a good one. First difficult climb. ;-D

I feel for David Millar falling short of the stage win today, but here's to a promising duel between Armstrong and Cancellara tomorrow. ;-D

I missed today's stage. I keep forgetting to DVR in the morning, so I have to wait until night to watch the reprise. Can I say "reprise" or is that Portunglish? !+)
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 200)

Postby kimchi_chigae » Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:51 pm

Great stage today. ;-D

A bit of a surprise to see Nocentini in yellow now, but with Contador and Lance less than 10 seconds behind, it won't be long until one of the Astana boys take over. Also a surprise to see Brice Feillu win the stage.

Contador's acceleration on the attack was amazing and I'm not sure anyone will be able to keep up with him. I think Lance decided to mark Cadel Evans and let Contador go, so if there is one guy who might still be able to hang with Contador is Lance.

Aussies running wild in Andorra. :-D

Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby knapplc » Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:12 pm

In the final ascent, Armstrong hugged the wheel of Australia’s Cadel Evans, who briefly attacked Armstrong and Contador.

“When you’ve got a rider away, my obligation is to the team,” Armstrong said. “I had to stay on his wheel. You just got to stay on his wheel.”

“That’s not my specialty,” he added. “But it’s not bad at all, all things considered.”

Is this Armstrong saying he's going to go into a supporting role for Contador? I'm confused why he would say this.
Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby kimchi_chigae » Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:25 pm

knapplc wrote:
In the final ascent, Armstrong hugged the wheel of Australia’s Cadel Evans, who briefly attacked Armstrong and Contador.

“When you’ve got a rider away, my obligation is to the team,” Armstrong said. “I had to stay on his wheel. You just got to stay on his wheel.”

“That’s not my specialty,” he added. “But it’s not bad at all, all things considered.”

Is this Armstrong saying he's going to go into a supporting role for Contador? I'm confused why he would say this.

Yeah, I don't know. Contador is the leader of Astana and everyone on that team would be undoubtedly be working for Contador had Lance not joined them. I still think they will be working for Contador until they can't ignore Lance anymore. It was only the first stage on the mountains, so there is still a long way to go. Lance obviously wants to win and he will be working with Astana to support Contador, but if he has the opportunity to win a stage and leave Bert behind, I'm sure he'll take it.
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby kimchi_chigae » Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:12 am

Not much changed Saturday, but Sunday's stage should be a good one. ;-D
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby NorthSider2 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:20 pm

LANCE FTW
Thanks to soty for the sweet sig

Go Cubs
NorthSider2
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby knapplc » Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:30 am

Alberto Contador made it quite clear that he is, again, the man to beat in the Tour. Armstrong is still in second, and if he finishes in the top five I think that would be impressive, but he (Armstrong) has admitted that he cannot beat Contador this year. And you can't blame him, after being out of the sport for four years and at 37 years old. Armstrong has said he'd be happy to be Contador's domestique (helper) in the rest of the race. As a teammate on Astana, that's exactly what Armstrong should do.

Here's hoping for a Contador win, helped out by Armstrong. ;-D
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby kimchi_chigae » Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:21 pm

Great stage today. The Schleck brothers had a great ride and the only man left standing was Contador. Bert made a bit of a tactical error when he attacked on the last climb of the day and couldn't drop Andy and Frank Schleck, but dropped Kloden. It shouldn't change the winner of the tour, but it allowed the brothers to get 2nd and 3rd overall now.

Tomorrow there is another individual time trial and it should shake up things a bit again. Lance is still riding well, but the homerism of Versus is starting to annoy me.
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby knapplc » Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:36 pm

I'd be shocked if Lance isn't back in second after tomorrow. He excels in time trials, and smoked both Schlecks earlier.

Barring catastrophe, Contador has this locked up, and he deserves it. He's clearly the best rider this year. ;-D
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk