Cafe Hot Chick Draft Analysis - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Cafe Hot Chick Draft Analysis

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Cafe Hot Chick Draft Analysis

Postby GiantsFan14 » Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:37 pm

ooooh snap, top two! I would have had AD 2nd overall but both his and mets teams were quite good so thats just splitting hairs. as long as i win it's all good.
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 427)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The Artful Dodger » Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:54 pm

I'm pleased I got a top 3 place because honestly, I didn't expect it. Everybody has their own positive emotional biases with the girls they're familiar with and I thought they would've played a bigger factor than it did here. I think if I was hunting for value, like Halle Berry here and Heidi Klum there, I would've shot myself in the head out of disenchanted boredom. I wanted a challenge. :-b

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)

Postby kimchi_chigae » Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:27 pm

Top 2 for GiantsFan? I lost all my respect for you, Rock. :-t

}:-)
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 194)

Postby GiantsFan14 » Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:37 pm

kimchi_chigae wrote:Top 2 for GiantsFan? I lost all my respect for you, Rock. :-t

}:-)

it's becoming increasingly clear that you just have no clue what you're talking about when it comes to this subject.
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby urbanbreez » Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:49 pm

You should dock GiantsFan some points for not having a hot chick link in his sig. :,-(
urbanbreez
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby GiantsFan14 » Sun Jul 19, 2009 3:01 pm

urbanbreez wrote:You should dock GiantsFan some points for not having a hot chick link in his sig. :,-(

happy now?
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

Postby urbanbreez » Sun Jul 19, 2009 3:53 pm

Yup. :-D ;-D

That's a pretty damn solid team you got there, didn't really notice it before but me likey.
urbanbreez
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby GiantsFan14 » Sun Jul 19, 2009 4:15 pm

urbanbreez wrote:Yup. :-D ;-D

That's a pretty damn solid team you got there, didn't really notice it before but me likey.

ty B-)
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

Postby TheRock » Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:13 pm

ABSOLUTE FINAL RESULTS

Well, I can't very well reveal the second place team without revealing the first. So this is it. The big enchilada. Let's spend a few minutes discussing these two teams.

It might seem odd to see GiantsFan14 in the top 2. Indeed, I did not expect it. Met and AD both have gathered many votes from the masses, GF still sits at 0 I believe. Briefly examining each team I think would lead many to select Team Metroid. GiantsFan led off his draft with Jessica Biel, Katherine Heigl, and Brooke Burke. A fine bevy of beauties, but no match for Met's Megan Fox, Eliza Dushku and Stacy Keibler. Indeed, I think some have gone no further than seeing those 3 and declaring victory. But this analysis is about looking at each team, each girl actually, in great detail. Picking a couple of favorites from each team would certainly produce a Met victory IMO, but when considering every team member, this was a much, much closer race. I will tell you the margin of victory was 1/2 point.

What's interesting is that the trend of Met's team being only slightly better continued throughout most of the draft. I lined the scores up for each team in order of final placement, and at each position Mets had the advantage through most of the lineup. But near the end, Mets' scores dipped significantly, while GF's stayed higher. A graph seems appropriate here...

You can see that while Metroid had a higher ceiling, GiantsFan kept the quality going longer, with his bottom four beating out Met's bottom four by a substantial margin. Higher in fact than Met's winning margin at the high end. So the only question is was it enough to overcome Met's early lead?

Let's look again the the rosters of these two teams:

Team Metroid: Metroid picked some fine ladies throughout the draft. Fox/Dushku/Keibler was a very strong opening and I really liked late round finds Carmen Electra and Kelly Hu. Met was second in overall value with 139.

Team GiantsFan14: GiantsFan's opening was not as strong. Katherine Heigl and Brooke Burke were not exceptional early picks, but they were not terrible either. GF's strength was his late round game. Carolina Ardohain, Keira Knightley, Melissa Theuriau, and Maggie Grace were spectacular picks. Definitely the most consistent quality of all teams, his lowest placing team member was 116th out of 144. GF scored +150 in the value finding category, good for first place.

Well, there they are. My two finalists. Both fine looking groups of ladies. Some very good picking on both teams. But there can be only one. So I added up the numbers and the numbers don't lie. Being so close, I was tempted to go over each team again with a fine tooth comb and make sure nothing needed adjusting, but that would be unfair to every other lady on every other team. So I went with whatever I had in my final scores.

Your victor,

IMHO,

by the slightest of margins,

with a score of 810

over the second place finisher

who scored 809.5

(Metroid really isn't going to like this...)

Team Metroid :-D

Congrats man. Sorry you hated my picks so much! B-)
TheRock
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 6)

Postby Metroid » Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:22 pm

Sorry I gave you so much crap, you obviously know what you're talking about. :-D
Metroid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFootball Mod
Home Cafe: Football

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk