Cafe Hot Chick Draft Analysis - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Cafe Hot Chick Draft Analysis

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Cafe Hot Chick Draft Analysis

Postby TheRock » Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:27 pm

As this thing's wrapping up, we find ourselves wrestling with the inevitable question - who won? Like most who have been following the action, I have my favorites - both teams and individual hot chicks. But being a relatively new event here, there really aren't any concrete methods in place for quantitatively evaluating a manager's hot chick team. So I decided I'd come up with one.

Now men have been evaluating women since there have been men and women. The common 1-10 scale is most prevalent, I've also heard of a Budweiser scale (don't ask), who knows how the cavemen did it. But since we're dealing with some of the hottest chicks in the world, giving most everyone a 10 doesn't help us much. So I had the idea to subdivide the hot chick physique into categories. I'm giving a rating in each category then the scores will be added in whatever weighting seems most appropriate. And I'm being very stingy. A 10 rating would mean I can't for the life of me imagine anyone being better in that area. So far I've given one, and am considering two others. Even 9's are hard to come by.

The first area I'm evaluating is the face. Also included is hair, head, neck, etc. I find as many pictures as I can, starting with the ones posted in the pick thread, to really get a feel for what this woman looks like, ignoring everything else about her. Then I move down a bit to upper body: arms, shoulders, and of course, rack. I look only at the upper body, is it well proportioned? Good muscle tone? Good skin tone? Size of ta-tas isn't the only factor, but it sure doesn't hurt unless they're big and nasty-looking. Then I look at lower body, again ignoring everything else. Legs, hips, abs, and bum. I tend to prefer a more athletic-look, so ideally I would see a little muscle definition in the legs and abs. But sufficiently curvy where a woman should be curvy. I have two gals in this area that are at 9.5 and I'm considering bumping to 10's.

As I look over the scores I have so far, the most important one by far is face. I can overlook a less than stellar body if I have some beautiful eyes to gaze into. Then rack, and lastly the posterior. A weighting of face (10), rack(6), and a$$(4) seems to give me more or less the rankings I would predict. But I may bump face up a little more, I have some truly beautiful women falling lower than I think they ought.

So, once my evaluations are complete I can just tally up the scores and see exactly who I think has the winning team and by what margin.

I have the entire draft thus far entered into a spreadsheet, broken down by team and in order of pick. I have the columns set for each score, and a total columns which will give me the final score based on whatever weighting system I decide upon. The weights themselves are in their own fields on a different worksheet so I can very quickly rescore everyone. I have a pivot table which automatically computes finals standings by team based on the numbers entered.

I'm also toying with the idea of a bonus column. Sometimes a chick is more hot (or less hot) for reasons other than just how she looks. I think it's hot that Marisa Miller has a wicked fastball, and that Megan Fox has a girl-crush. I think it's less than hot that Christina Aguilara is such a skank. So the column is there, I just haven't used it yet.

When the draft concludes, I'll sort the list by each category to make sure the numbers are normalized. I.e. somedays I was probably more generous than others. I know after seeing Francoise Boufhal (the '10' rack btw :-L ) every girl for the next couple days got a 2 for that category. Which will no doubt mean several more hours looking at pictures of hot chicks. Once they are as complete as I can get them I'll post my final rankings here.

If anyone else is interested in keeping score at home in a similar fashion, I have uploaded a blank copy of my spreadsheet here. Feel free to embellish in any way that seems to give you better results. We can compare final scores here in a couple of days. ;-D
TheRock
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 6)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Cafe Hot Chick Draft Analysis

Postby bigh0rt » Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:32 pm

We should analyze who had the single best pick of each Round. See if that helps us get anywhere.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 348)

Postby teddy ballgame » Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:37 pm

I'm thoroughly impressed Rock.

TheRock wrote:As I look over the scores I have so far, the most important one by far is face. I can overlook a less than stellar body if I have some beautiful eyes to gaze into.

I agree 1000%.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby AquaMan2342 » Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:49 pm

More than having a huge rack and having posed in a Maxim magazine was part of my criteria as well.

Edit: lol at thinking this draft analysis might be as in-depth as any fantasy work that any of us have done
AquaMan2342
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Location: Searchin for my mainline....I couldn't hit it sideways

Postby GiantsFan14 » Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:15 pm

this is awesome, i am quite interested in seeing the final result.
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 427)

Postby The Artful Dodger » Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:47 pm

Kudos for putting a lot of thought into this, Rock. I didn't imagine anyone would devote an in-depth analysis to this, but I think it's a good idea. ;-D

TheRock wrote:I know after seeing Francoise Boufhal (the '10' rack btw :-L ) every girl for the next couple days got a 2 for that category.

Yeah, I was a bit tempted to throw her out there a few rounds earlier for that reason. :-b

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)

Postby TheRock » Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:11 am

Spent a couple hours tonight finishing out all rankings through the end of round 10. Stopped right at the end of a round so I could get an idea of the team standings heading into the final rounds. I won't reveal those yet, but I will say the top 2 teams are sitting at 1613 and 1595. So still anyone's game. I went through the face rankings with a fine tooth comb to normalize my scoring. Looked at photos of every chick again. I'll do that again with upper bod/lower bod when I have time.

Just to give you an idea of my tastes, here are my top 10 faces in no particular order:

Marisa Miller
Kate Mara
Diora Baird
Charlize Theron
Keira Knightley
Kate Beckinsale
Monica Bellucci
Eliza Dushku
Paz Vega
Heidi Klum
TheRock
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 6)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:49 am

TheRock wrote:Now men have been evaluating women since there have been men and women. The common 1-10 scale is most prevalent, I've also heard of a Budweiser scale (don't ask), who knows how the cavemen did it. But since we're dealing with some of the hottest chicks in the world, giving most everyone a 10 doesn't help us much. So I had the idea to subdivide the hot chick physique into categories. I'm giving a rating in each category then the scores will be added in whatever weighting seems most appropriate. And I'm being very stingy. A 10 rating would mean I can't for the life of me imagine anyone being better in that area. So far I've given one, and am considering two others. Even 9's are hard to come by.

i think we should use the finger scale

Mike Mathews (from The Last Boy Scout) wrote: [about Cory] She's hot, Joe. She rates a three on my finger scale. That means I'd cut off three of my fingers if God would let me [make sexy time with] her.

this is also a great quote from that movie

[Joe has just found out that Mike was sleeping with his wife]

Mike Mathews: Look Joe, it just happened.

Joe Hallenbeck: Sure, sure, it just happened. Could happen to anybody. It was an accident, right? You tripped, fell on the floor and accidently stuck your [Metroid] into my wife. "Oops, I'm sorry, Mrs. H, I guess this just isn't my week".
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby markj11 » Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:13 am

Nice, I figured Lilly would rank kinda high in face with those beautiful eyes. Rocks favorite season is definitely off.
I ain't askin' nobody for nothin, If I can't get it on my own. - Charlie Daniels
markj11
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby acsguitar » Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:36 am

I still have a pick don't I?
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert