All-Stars - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

All-Stars

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: All-Stars

Postby Pogotheostrich » Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:44 am

mweir145 wrote:Not too sure why Scott Rolen didn't even make the final vote. He's had a better year than Michael Young and Brandon Inge.


The honest answer is cause he only has 6 HR. It is stupid but I bet you that's why.
Image
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 21512
(Past Year: 453)
Joined: 9 Dec 2002
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: St. Louis

Re: All-Stars

Postby mweir145 » Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:59 am

Pogotheostrich wrote:
mweir145 wrote:Not too sure why Scott Rolen didn't even make the final vote. He's had a better year than Michael Young and Brandon Inge.


The honest answer is cause he only has 6 HR. It is stupid but I bet you that's why.

It's really too bad. It might have been his last chance at getting there.
25
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Eagle Eye
Posts: 16784
(Past Year: 85)
Joined: 3 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Toronto

Re: All-Stars

Postby kaiser » Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:16 am

I think Yadiar Molina over Brian McCann is pretty crazy, but maybe that's just me. I know I am risking the wrath of Pogo by saying so.

I also think Javier Vasquez and Mark Reynolds should have been in there.
Image
kaiser
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
EditorCafeholicCafe Ranker
Posts: 5474
(Past Year: 428)
Joined: 8 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Genco Olive Oil Co.

Re: All-Stars

Postby Pogotheostrich » Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:35 am

kaiser wrote:I think Yadiar Molina over Brian McCann is pretty crazy, but maybe that's just me. I know I am risking the wrath of Pogo by saying so.


This is me rationalizing my bias so take it for what it is worth. McCain is the better player but he lost out on votes being on the DL earlier in year. To me the best two catchers in the NL this year are McCain and Yadi so there is no harm done. Yadi gets to start an All-star game in his home park and McCain will replace him around the 5th inning.
Image
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 21512
(Past Year: 453)
Joined: 9 Dec 2002
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: St. Louis

Re: All-Stars

Postby kaiser » Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:52 am

Pogotheostrich wrote:
kaiser wrote:I think Yadiar Molina over Brian McCann is pretty crazy, but maybe that's just me. I know I am risking the wrath of Pogo by saying so.


This is me rationalizing my bias so take it for what it is worth. McCain is the better player but he lost out on votes being on the DL earlier in year. To me the best two catchers in the NL this year are McCain and Yadi so there is no harm done. Yadi gets to start an All-star game in his home park and McCain will replace him around the 5th inning.


Okay. I can live with that.

A just an FYI, it's McCann, not McCain. But I'm guessing you know that. ;-D
Image
kaiser
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
EditorCafeholicCafe Ranker
Posts: 5474
(Past Year: 428)
Joined: 8 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Genco Olive Oil Co.

Re: All-Stars

Postby Pogotheostrich » Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:11 am

kaiser wrote:
Pogotheostrich wrote:
kaiser wrote:I think Yadiar Molina over Brian McCann is pretty crazy, but maybe that's just me. I know I am risking the wrath of Pogo by saying so.


This is me rationalizing my bias so take it for what it is worth. McCain is the better player but he lost out on votes being on the DL earlier in year. To me the best two catchers in the NL this year are McCain and Yadi so there is no harm done. Yadi gets to start an All-star game in his home park and McCain will replace him around the 5th inning.


Okay. I can live with that.

A just an FYI, it's McCann, not McCain. But I'm guessing you know that. ;-D


Thanks. Mornings are not my strong suit.
Image
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 21512
(Past Year: 453)
Joined: 9 Dec 2002
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: St. Louis

Re: All-Stars

Postby AussieDodger » Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:11 am

kaiser wrote:
Pogotheostrich wrote:
kaiser wrote:I think Yadiar Molina over Brian McCann is pretty crazy, but maybe that's just me. I know I am risking the wrath of Pogo by saying so.


This is me rationalizing my bias so take it for what it is worth. McCain is the better player but he lost out on votes being on the DL earlier in year. To me the best two catchers in the NL this year are McCain and Yadi so there is no harm done. Yadi gets to start an All-star game in his home park and McCain will replace him around the 5th inning.


Okay. I can live with that.

A just an FYI, it's McCann, not McCain. But I'm guessing you know that. ;-D


No, I believe it is McCain.
And Matt Cann plays for SF. ;-)
Image
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
Posts: 11338
(Past Year: 143)
Joined: 22 Jan 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: What do you mean, Flash Gordon approaching?

Re: All-Stars

Postby kaiser » Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:20 am

From SF Chronicle 7/9/09:

"Matt Cann's ERA and K:BB rates have suffered greatly as of late. Giants Pitching Coach Dave Righetti has suggested that he remove his catcher's gear before taking the mound for his next start, but Cann has seemed stubbornly opposed to trying this."
Image
kaiser
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
EditorCafeholicCafe Ranker
Posts: 5474
(Past Year: 428)
Joined: 8 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Genco Olive Oil Co.

Re: All-Stars

Postby AquaMan2342 » Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:13 pm

How has Edwin Jackson not once been mentioned as a possible starter for the American League?
AquaMan2342
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Posts: 7852
Joined: 19 Sep 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Searchin for my mainline....I couldn't hit it sideways

Re: All-Stars

Postby Pogotheostrich » Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:11 pm

National League:
Hanley Ramirez, SS
Chase Utley, 2B
Albert Pujols, 1B
Ryan Braun, RF
Raul Ibanez, LF
David Wright, 3B
Shane Victorino, CF
Yadier Molina, C
Tim Lincecum, SP

American League:
Ichiro Suzuki, RF
Derek Jeter, SS
Joe Mauer, C
Mark Teixeira, 1B
Jason Bay, LF
Josh Hamilton, CF
Evan Longoria, 3B
Aaron Hill, 2B
Roy Halladay, SP
Image
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 21512
(Past Year: 453)
Joined: 9 Dec 2002
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: St. Louis

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: apz, germani40, Izenhart, Millhouse, NZ Eff, slink, SpecialFNK and 15 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Thursday, Apr. 17
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Atlanta at Philadelphia
(1:05 pm)
Cleveland at Detroit
(1:08 pm)
Toronto at Minnesota
(1:10 pm)
Seattle at Texas
(2:05 pm)
LA Dodgers at San Francisco
(3:45 pm)
Colorado at San Diego
(6:40 pm)
Milwaukee at Pittsburgh
(7:05 pm)
St. Louis at Washington
(7:05 pm)
NY Yankees at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Boston at Chi White Sox
(8:10 pm)
Kansas City at Houston
(8:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact