Cafe Positional Rankings: Week 13 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Article Discussions

Cafe Positional Rankings: Week 13

Moderators: daullaz, Baseball Moderators

Cafe Positional Rankings: Week 13

Postby WebHamster » Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:10 am

This thread contains comments on the Cafe's "Cafe Positional Rankings: Week 13", which was posted in the Cafe's Player Rankings section by AquaMan2342 on July 2, 2009. The full article can be read here.
WebHamster
Service Robot
Service Robot

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 802)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Cafe Positional Rankings: Week 13

Postby metsfan12 » Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:36 am

How does Correia crack this list before Ricky Romero? Ricky has shown he can dominate even top offenses in his last 2 starts. The only time he had any trouble was right after he came back from the DL. I don't know that either should be on a top SP list YET but certainly Romero has earned it over Correia. He has him beat in W/IP, K/IP, big time in ERA and just .01 higher WHIP. He has also been the more dominate starter lately by a good margin with those last 2 starts of his.
metsfan12
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby daullaz » Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:01 pm

I had them ranked right next to each other, but it wasn't enough for Romero to crack the list. I think people like Correia a bit more, even though Romero is quite obviously the more talented of the two, because Correia plays in an environment much more condusive to good fantasy numbers (NL West, Petco, etc). I've been a very happy Romero owner all season, though.
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 322)

Postby metsfan12 » Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:27 pm

daullaz wrote:I had them ranked right next to each other, but it wasn't enough for Romero to crack the list. I think people like Correia a bit more, even though Romero is quite obviously the more talented of the two, because Correia plays in an environment much more condusive to good fantasy numbers (NL West, Petco, etc). I've been a very happy Romero owner all season, though.

HIs team also stinks though. I think there is very little chance Correia is on that list at the end of the year while Romero could very well be in the middle third of it. I will say this though, all the Toronto guys have a tough schedule the rest of the way.
metsfan12
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby daullaz » Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:46 pm

I believe you might be right, although it's hard to ignore what Correia has done in his last few starts. I'd be extremely happy to see Romero on this list by season's end. ;-D
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 322)

Postby AquaMan2342 » Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:28 pm

Romero has youth and a tough schedule going against him. Correia has a pitcher's biggest asset in Petco going for him. I don't particularly think either one will stick but if I had to take one I am going to go with a veteran San Diegoan over an inexperienced AL East arm.
AquaMan2342
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Location: Searchin for my mainline....I couldn't hit it sideways

Return to Article Discussions