Kyle Blanks - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Kyle Blanks

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Kyle Blanks

Postby StringerBell » Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:08 pm

Picked the dude up because he`s a moose and the Padres desperately need offense.

Then I realized he was a 1B and was getting time just cause it was interleague.....Duh :-B

Well SD insiders----did I just pick up a Bench Warmer---or are we gonna see the massive Blanks get some steady ABS?

Or, is he destined to go back to the farm soon (which would also work out cause Im in a keeper league).

He hasnt started for 2 Days so Im kinda thinking I botched this one............
.....ain't nobody got nothing to say about a 40-degree day. ...
StringerBell
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Kyle Blanks

Postby Pythagoras » Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:13 pm

A. Gon just left the game. Don't drop him yet.
Pythagoras
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 4)

Postby pibb55 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:43 pm

He started the game yesterday. They gave him some time in the outfield before calling him up so he could get some steady AB's once called up. Like Pythagoras said, Adrian left today's game which helps his case for at bats even more.

I like Blanks a lot, I say hold onto him for sure. This is a player that can put up a lot of home runs in a short amount of time if he gets it going.
pibb55
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Padres Fan » Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:53 am

The Padres just moved hairston to the A's so Blanks can get some time in Leftfield, since thats what the Padres envision him as, I hear a rumor that they are trying to trade Kouzmanoff and move Headley back to 3B.
Padres Fan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby rowe33 » Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:50 pm

The Padres clearly have no intention of giving Blanks regular playing time...he's started one out of the last five games. I dropped him earlier this week when I realized they want to keep trotting Headley and Venable out there on a daily basis. They should send Blanks back to AAA so he can at least get regular at bats.
rowe33
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Padres Fan » Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:33 am

rowe33 wrote:The Padres clearly have no intention of giving Blanks regular playing time...he's started one out of the last five games. I dropped him earlier this week when I realized they want to keep trotting Headley and Venable out there on a daily basis. They should send Blanks back to AAA so he can at least get regular at bats.

That would be the smart thing to do, at least until they clear up space for him to play regulary like get rid of Giles and Kouz, but then Kevin Towers is a retard and gave up Gonzo's only legitimate batting protection for a couple of minor league relief pitchers that are garbage
Padres Fan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Chicago RedSox » Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:23 pm

Blanks may be in line for more playing time, at least for the near future.

A recent blurb from Yahoo News:
Jul 8 1B Adrian Gonzalez is showing signs of fatigue and admits to being "mentally tired but not physically tired." Gonzalez went 0-for-4 Wednesday afternoon and botched a grounder that he normally turns into a double play. His error resulted in four unearned runs and possibly the loss. Wednesday's game was the 291st straight in which Gonzalez has participated. That is the longest active streak in the major leagues and 14 shy of the Padres' consecutive-games-played record held by Steve Garvey.

I see some time off in the near future....
Play Ball
Chicago RedSox
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby StringerBell » Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:33 pm

Chicago RedSox wrote:

Yeah---unfortunately it's called "The All-Star Break" :-D

....sorry , I couldnt resist.

I hope you are right, but we`re all dyin`to see Blanks play full-time or get sent back down ASAP.

respect.....
.....ain't nobody got nothing to say about a 40-degree day. ...
StringerBell
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Chicago RedSox » Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:19 pm

StringerBell wrote:
Chicago RedSox wrote:

ZING!!!

One from Rotowire:
Gonzalez, the majors' active leader in consecutive games played with 291, told the San Deigo UnionTribune following Wednesday's loss to Arizona that he is mentally tired. "I feel great my first one or two at-bats and then I get lost. It's just not going my way right now," Gonzalez said.

Recommendation: Gonzalez tore through the first two months of the season, but has since strugglied mightily. Gonzalez batted just .235 in June (though posted a .451 OBP, a testament to the rest of the Padres' lineup) and hit just four home runs. July hasn't been any better, he's hitting .129/.250/.161 with no homers through eight games. Don't be surprised to see Gonzalez's streak come to a halt soon, though it may be a bit after the All-Star break. (Rotowire.com)
Play Ball
Chicago RedSox
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Ursa » Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:43 pm

Chicago RedSox wrote:
StringerBell wrote:
Chicago RedSox wrote:

ZING!!!

One from Rotowire:
Gonzalez, the majors' active leader in consecutive games played with 291, told the San Deigo UnionTribune following Wednesday's loss to Arizona that he is mentally tired. "I feel great my first one or two at-bats and then I get lost. It's just not going my way right now," Gonzalez said.

Recommendation: Gonzalez tore through the first two months of the season, but has since strugglied mightily. Gonzalez batted just .235 in June (though posted a .451 OBP, a testament to the rest of the Padres' lineup) and hit just four home runs. July hasn't been any better, he's hitting .129/.250/.161 with no homers through eight games. Don't be surprised to see Gonzalez's streak come to a halt soon, though it may be a bit after the All-Star break. (Rotowire.com)

Good info. He is absolute deadweight on my team right now though I'd be foolish to drop him.
Ursa
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 2)

Next

Return to Injuries & Player Updates