metsfan1969,

Love the avatar!
AntLive
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby DieHardCubbie » Sat Mar 08, 2003 9:24 pm

Yeah metsfan, I noticed the change too ;-D

as for Trachsel, whew when he pitches better have the nodooz handy cause he take forever. that said I remember him pitching in the windy city and then he would pitch one 5 hit game :-) and the next game he pitched he would give up 5 homers. you just never knew who would be on the mound.

the problem with the Mets winning 100 is the same problem that Philly and Atlanta will have--they have to play each other 19 time each. I think this division will beat up on each other more than any other division this year. Its strong top to bottom. Montreal and Florida are not teams that can be over looked either. I just dont think this division has a 100 game winner in it. Not because there not capable, they just have to play so much in there division. Amd top to bottom its the strongest division in Baseball.
[b]Useless Trivia of the day[/b]

England's Worcester Canoe Club set the world record for paddling a hand-propelled bathtub. The 25 man team covered a distance of 55 miles, 425 yards in 24 hours on September 28 and 29, 1979.
DieHardCubbie
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby metsfan1969 » Sun Mar 09, 2003 12:37 pm

I couldn't resist bringing Mr. Met into the mix. The temptation was too great.

I am distraught over the Pedro Astacio injury. Art Howe makes it sound worse than Pedro does but you can go here to read up on it:
http://newyork.mets.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/ ... &fext=.jsp

Maybe Bascik or Middlebrook will step up to the mmound and show something good. We need a solid 3 or 4 slot pitcher if we are going to succeed this year. I'm sorry, but I really don't think Trachsel is the man to do it. Maybe we should have dealt for another young gun in the off season.

Let's go Mets!
Well Look who has come to the cafe, It's Mr. Met!
metsfan1969

Cafe Writer

Postby kashikis » Mon Mar 10, 2003 12:31 pm

WOO HOO its Mr. Met!!

he friggin rules ;-D :-D
kashikis

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby kentx12 » Wed Apr 14, 2004 12:22 pm

kashikis wrote:WOO HOO its Mr. Met!!

he friggin rules ;-D :-D

He does the new espn commercials where mr and mrs Met are driving is hillarious...

There will come a day when Barry Bonds leaves baseball, and everything about the game will be the better for it.
kentx12
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby raiders_umpire » Sat Mar 12, 2005 3:56 pm

metsfan1969 wrote:You know, I'm looking at Atlanta (ugh %-6 ),
I do think that Atlanta's staff might be a year or two coming together, but that hitting......Gary Sheffield, Chipper Jones, Andruw Jones, Robert Fick, Vinny Castilla, Mark DeRosa, Javy Lopez. If these guys are on, they can hit. With Byrd, Maddux, Ortiz, Hampton and Smoltz,some will say this is the best staff in the NL East. Those people need to get off the sauce though. It is definitely a respectable staff but like I said, it might take time for them to come together.

atlanta has changed in the last 2 years, but the mets still have to beat them to be the east kings... :-D :-D
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Amazinz » Sat Mar 12, 2005 5:34 pm

I'm more worried about Florida. Atlanta is over-hyped this season just as they were under-hyped last...
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby raiders_umpire » Sat Mar 12, 2005 6:46 pm

Amazinz wrote:I'm more worried about Florida. Atlanta is over-hyped this season just as they were under-hyped last...

dont ever count out the braves
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Amazinz » Sat Mar 12, 2005 6:58 pm

raiders_umpire wrote:
Amazinz wrote:I'm more worried about Florida. Atlanta is over-hyped this season just as they were under-hyped last...

That's exactly the hype I'm talking about. If you look at the Braves team going into this season it's bordering on pathetic. But people still see them as the team to beat because they've done it before and primarily because of last year. Let's forget about the Mets so I don't get into bias. Top to bottom both the Marlins and Phillies are far superior. Saying that the Braves are the team to beat over either of those two teams is nothing more than an emotional response.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby raiders_umpire » Sat Mar 12, 2005 7:24 pm

Amazinz wrote:
raiders_umpire wrote:

That's exactly the hype I'm talking about. If you look at the Braves team going into this season it's bordering on pathetic. But people still see them as the team to beat because they've done it before and primarily because of last year. Let's forget about the Mets so I don't get into bias. Top to bottom both the Marlins and Phillies are far superior. Saying that the Braves are the team to beat over either of those two teams is nothing more than an emotional response.

nope not saying that at alll.... i would say that the mets, marlins and phillies all 3 have more potential in their offense then the braves do....but all i am saying is that the braves have supposedly been down for the last 3 years or so, and they still find a way to win the east whether it has been drew carrying them, sheff carrying them, jaret wright, whoever..... i think it will be tougher on them this year though due to the game not being a 7 inning game now with smoltz in the starting position and not closing..... the last 2 years you had to beat the braves in 7 innings or the game was basically over,,,i cant quite say the same thing about kolb yet.......
raiders_umpire

Previous

Return to New York Mets