Nelson Cruz? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Nelson Cruz?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Nelson Cruz?

Postby cashish25 » Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:22 pm

Rollotommasi wrote:
cashish25 wrote:i watch texas a lot and actually a very lot of his outs are hard hit balls...but there are not stats on that..

that's really relevant in fantasy

Yes it is...i am sorry you can not think outside the box...scouting players is not about scouting what they have done this year...its about trying to predict what they are going to do from here out ... u can pick up a guy with 200 hrs this year and if he only hits you 2 in the 2nd half than u cant brag one bit about the 202 he hit can ya...im sure u can tho...The fact he has these stats and he is still getting out with hard hit balls shows me its not a fluke...and let me beat u 2 the punch on ur comebacks .... no theres nobody with 200 hrs and no there are not stats for hard hit balls...u must have played against nelly those monster weeks eh?
cashish25
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Chicago RedSox » Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:14 pm

The two stats that come to mind are Line Drive % and Well Hit Ball %.

League Avg LD% is 19%, and Cruz is at 21% (according to baseball-reference.com). For reference, Pujols LD% is 16% (well below his career avg of 23.8%).
I can't find WH% anywhere, but I see them quoted often. I know the league avg is around 45%. Can anyone point me in the right direction to find these stats?

I also saw that Cruz's Batting Avg for Balls in Play (BAbip) is .274, and his career avg is .293, so maybe he's been a bit unlucky.
One more thing, he's hitting .345 out of the 7 hole, but it's a small sample size...only about 30at bats.
Play Ball
Chicago RedSox
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby cashish25 » Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:44 pm

Chicago RedSox wrote:The two stats that come to mind are Line Drive % and Well Hit Ball %.

League Avg LD% is 19%, and Cruz is at 21% (according to baseball-reference.com). For reference, Pujols LD% is 16% (well below his career avg of 23.8%).
I can't find WH% anywhere, but I see them quoted often. I know the league avg is around 45%. Can anyone point me in the right direction to find these stats?

I also saw that Cruz's Batting Avg for Balls in Play (BAbip) is .274, and his career avg is .293, so maybe he's been a bit unlucky.
One more thing, he's hitting .345 out of the 7 hole, but it's a small sample size...only about 30at bats.

Thanks for the stats...I knew of LD% but never looked into just going off what i see what my eyes...that well hit ball % is an interesting stat ... i would like to see that... b/c i think ppl take BAbip a little too much into factor...u can have a bad BAbip from hitting awful too not just from being unlucky... thanks for the stats good info im not trying to make nellie out to be the best...i just feel has stats are not a fluke like most ppl think
cashish25
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Dalingh » Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:36 pm

sitting once again tonight...
C Montero
1B Glaus
2B F. Lopez
3B A-Rod
SS Reyes
OF Hamilton
OF Holliday
OF Quentin
Util Bruce
BN G. Jones
BN Aybar
BN Morgan
BN Ibanez

SP Felix, Johnson, Lincecum, Johan, Sanchez, Wandy, Nolasco, Volquez, Beckett
RP Soria, K-Rod
Dalingh
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby SpecialFNK » Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:24 am

Cruz should NOT be sitting for 3 games in a row, thats BS!

i wish i could kick Washington in the balls, watch that pencil neck geek drop to his knees.

apparently Washington likes to use David Murphy against RH pitchers, so whats the excuse for Marlon Byrd?? surely Cruz could have started atleast once instead of Byrd.
but no instead Cruz was again on the bench and the Rangers went on to score a total of 1 run.

Jones went 0-3 and hopefully back to his usual spot on the bench again now that his fever streak is over.
SpecialFNK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 73)

Postby BTOWNHESS » Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:48 pm

Sooooo we're benching the guy who is tied for 1st among AL OF's in Home Runs, tied for 9th among AL OF's in RBI's, tied for 9th among AL OF's in SB's all while missing 7 games so far this season.

Oh an his projected line for this season would probably be about 90 Runs, 28 Doubles, 38 Homers, 100 RBI's and 25 steals.

Since you don't need those numbers in your lineup in Texas, trade him over to my Braves. We'll give you a bench-worthy OF named Francouer. You can bench his ass every day.

Pathetic.
BTOWNHESS
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:55 pm

my guess is it's still a combination of stiff back, slumping (avg wise), and andruw jones being hot. just wait until jones cools down, they're just trying to ride the hot hand.
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby kage812004 » Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:25 pm

SpecialFNK wrote:Cruz should NOT be sitting for 3 games in a row, thats BS!

i wish i could kick Washington in the balls, watch that pencil neck geek drop to his knees.

apparently Washington likes to use David Murphy against RH pitchers, so whats the excuse for Marlon Byrd?? surely Cruz could have started atleast once instead of Byrd.
but no instead Cruz was again on the bench and the Rangers went on to score a total of 1 run.

Jones went 0-3 and hopefully back to his usual spot on the bench again now that his fever streak is over.

couldnt agree with you more, this is such crap!! Cruz should be in that lineup just about every day, the guy is on pace for over 40 hrs and 20sb. Why in the hell would you sit a guy like this for 3 games in a row!?!?!?!? Murphy or Byrd should sit if you want to get Jones in there
GO SOX!! GO PATS!!
kage812004
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby kage812004 » Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:44 pm

just announced, Nelson Cruz replacing the injured Tori Hunter on the all star team. The guy is an all star and yet his manager has sat him the past 3 games and he isnt injured, seriously what a freaking joke!
GO SOX!! GO PATS!!
kage812004
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby SpecialFNK » Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:18 pm

Cruz is in the lineup tonight, but apparently that wasnt the plan.
this from rototimes.com
Nelson Cruz is in tonight's lineup at Seattle, according to the Dallas Morning News. He will roam in right field.

Our View: Skipper Ron Washington was going to employ David Murphy in right, but was unable to go due to a jammed right ring finger. Cruz was named to the AL All-Star squad as the replacement for the injured Torii Hunter.
SpecialFNK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 73)

PreviousNext

Return to Injuries & Player Updates