Billy Mays found dead - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Billy Mays found dead

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Billy Mays found dead

Postby keeks137 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:37 pm

AquaMan2342 wrote:
keeks137 wrote:Autopsy results better not find signs of strangulation via the Shamwow.

Book him Dan-O

Holy crap. Did not realize he had a mugshot. I am not even the least bit surprised, but was not expecting that.
http://www.thedugs.com Baseball Webcomics
keeks137
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby acsguitar » Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:40 pm

keeks137 wrote:
AquaMan2342 wrote:
keeks137 wrote:Autopsy results better not find signs of strangulation via the Shamwow.

Book him Dan-O

Holy crap. Did not realize he had a mugshot. I am not even the least bit surprised, but was not expecting that.

He beat up a hooker...and got beat up by one.

Anyways thou shalt not make fun of Billy Mays
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby keeks137 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:59 pm

acsguitar wrote:
keeks137 wrote:
AquaMan2342 wrote:
Book him Dan-O

He beat up a hooker...and got beat up by one.

Anyways thou shalt not make fun of Billy Mays

Agreed. He seemed like a really nice guy with a great real-world personality. I'm pretty sure the Shamwow guy is not a guy I want to have lunch with. Not unless I need something slap chopped.
keeks137
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby AquaMan2342 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:00 pm

Hey I wasn't making fun of the situation. I have a lot of respect for Billy Mays and thought he was a funny guy.
AquaMan2342
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Location: Searchin for my mainline....I couldn't hit it sideways

Postby ThatDude » Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:01 pm

Order three dead celebrities, and get the 4th one free!

Nobody else brings that kind of commitment to the job.
Sometimes it takes a crazy person to see the truth. If so, I'm a freaking lunatic.
ThatDude
General Manager
General Manager

Postby keeks137 » Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:30 am

Here's a classy note from an article in Ad Sense- something I have to read at work.

One of the companies that used him as a pitchman are temporarily removing his spots from TV. They're not sure if this is going to be a permanent decision but will discuss the issue with his wife at the funeral.

This is about as classy as Jackson's dad pimping his record label with Usher to the media asking about his son's death (would have posted that in the Jackson thread, but already saw someone do it).

Stay classy America.
keeks137
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby acsguitar » Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:51 am

keeks137 wrote:Here's a classy note from an article in Ad Sense- something I have to read at work.

One of the companies that used him as a pitchman are temporarily removing his spots from TV. They're not sure if this is going to be a permanent decision but will discuss the issue with his wife at the funeral.

This is about as classy as Jackson's dad pimping his record label with Usher to the media asking about his son's death (would have posted that in the Jackson thread, but already saw someone do it).

Stay classy America.

Actually from articles I have read they have already talked to the family and the family WANTED ad's to stay on because Billy would've wanted that. This version is the worst I've heard
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby keeks137 » Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:23 pm

acsguitar wrote:
keeks137 wrote:Here's a classy note from an article in Ad Sense- something I have to read at work.

Stay classy America.

Actually from articles I have read they have already talked to the family and the family WANTED ad's to stay on because Billy would've wanted that. This version is the worst I've heard

Well thank the gods for that. It was Ad Age, not Ad Sense. That snippit was from under a heading of "What Billy Would Have Wanted," but it made it sound like the writer was speculating that this is what Billy would have wanted. It also made it sound like that they'd be talking for the first time at the funeral, which is a weird sentence just to throw into the article.
keeks137
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby acsguitar » Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:00 pm

keeks137 wrote:
acsguitar wrote:

Stay classy America.

Well thank the gods for that. It was Ad Age, not Ad Sense. That snippit was from under a heading of "What Billy Would Have Wanted," but it made it sound like the writer was speculating that this is what Billy would have wanted. It also made it sound like that they'd be talking for the first time at the funeral, which is a weird sentence just to throw into the article.

Yea true. Legally I'm sure the family had to be notified about it's decisions in regards to BIllys career rather quickly
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby jlm53089 » Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:04 pm

jlm53089
General Manager
General Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner