Carlos Carrasco gettin' the call? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Carlos Carrasco gettin' the call?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Carlos Carrasco gettin' the call?

Postby nate128 » Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:27 am

Carrasco will likely be recalled from the minors on Thursday to make a spot start, the Philadelphia Inquirer reports.

Antonio Bastardo will miss his next start due to a shoulder strain so the Phillies are in need of a starter. Carrasco has pitched well of late at Triple-A Lehigh Valley and may get a chance to stick with the Phillies if he has a solid outing and if Bastardo has to miss more than one start.
nate128
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Carlos Carrasco gettin' the call?

Postby swyck » Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:49 pm

nate128 wrote:Carrasco will likely be recalled from the minors on Thursday to make a spot start, the Philadelphia Inquirer reports.

Antonio Bastardo will miss his next start due to a shoulder strain so the Phillies are in need of a starter. Carrasco has pitched well of late at Triple-A Lehigh Valley and may get a chance to stick with the Phillies if he has a solid outing and if Bastardo has to miss more than one start.

4.92 ERA with a 1.37 WHIP, not exactly what I'd call pitching well in the minors.
swyck
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 14)

Postby mblax10 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:14 pm

swyck wrote:
nate128 wrote:Carrasco will likely be recalled from the minors on Thursday to make a spot start, the Philadelphia Inquirer reports.

4.92 ERA with a 1.37 WHIP, not exactly what I'd call pitching well in the minors.

I would call 84 K, 25 BB in 86 IP pitching well.
mblax10
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby swyck » Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:06 pm

mblax10 wrote:
swyck wrote:

I would call 84 K, 25 BB in 86 IP pitching well.

Ah yes, he must have been ... "unlucky". }:-)
swyck
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 14)

Return to Injuries & Player Updates