Mark Derosa traded to the Cards for Chris Perez & a PTBNL - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Mark Derosa traded to the Cards for Chris Perez & a PTBNL

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Mark Derosa traded to the Cards for Chris Perez & a PTBNL

Postby clevername » Sun Jun 28, 2009 3:04 pm

Ursa wrote:Does this consign the slumping Ludwick to a more permanent backup / bench role?

not likely. We still have the slumping/not good tandem of Ankiel and Duncan to play in the OF, too. Luddy hasn't been worse than those two.

And, as alluded to above, DeRosa will probably spend most of his time at 3rd, though you never know with LaRussa.
When you are a man, sometimes you wear stretchy pants in your room...is for fun.
clevername
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Ursa » Sun Jun 28, 2009 3:12 pm

STL OF today is Ankiel, Ludwick, DeRosa with Khalil Greene at 3B.

Edit: DeRosa has slotted in behind Albert pushing Ludwick down to 5th
Ursa
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 2)

Postby chem » Sun Jun 28, 2009 3:48 pm

This is classic La Russa. He can slot DeRosa in LF versus LHP, and 3B versus RHP. K-Greene and Thurston lose playing time at 3B. Dunc/Ank lose time versus LHP.

The Cardinals just got significantly better. Unless DeRosa's leg injury from running into that phone box is secretly a long term issue.
chem
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby drunkmonkey » Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:44 pm

Each of the infielders (minus Pujols) records an error today, while DeRosa plays LF. Great move by Tony.
drunkmonkey
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Pick 3 ChampionTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Cards07Champs » Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:05 am

drunkmonkey wrote:Each of the infielders (minus Pujols) records an error today, while DeRosa plays LF. Great move by Tony.

Dont forget Thurston making yet another jackass decision on the bases when he should've been DFA'd the moment the trade went through.

As to the fantasy impact -- I wouldn't use my waiver priority on him just yet. DeRosa is still very streaky and extremely susceptible to RH pitching. He's a great start against lefties, especially soft tossers, but power righties will give him fits and I just don't see how you can use a #1 priority on that.

I'd sit on it and see if Holliday comes over. The Brewers and Cubs are likely to make a move, the Mets, Braves and Phils could as well. Then there are surprise callups like Bumgarner and Alvarez (especially for keeper leaguers).

I wouldn't burn the priority on a platoon player.
Cards07Champs
College Coach
College Coach

Postby jealousblues » Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:59 pm

Cards07Champs wrote:
drunkmonkey wrote:Each of the infielders (minus Pujols) records an error today, while DeRosa plays LF. Great move by Tony.

Dont forget Thurston making yet another jackass decision on the bases when he should've been DFA'd the moment the trade went through.

As to the fantasy impact -- I wouldn't use my waiver priority on him just yet. DeRosa is still very streaky and extremely susceptible to RH pitching. He's a great start against lefties, especially soft tossers, but power righties will give him fits and I just don't see how you can use a #1 priority on that.

I'd sit on it and see if Holliday comes over. The Brewers and Cubs are likely to make a move, the Mets, Braves and Phils could as well. Then there are surprise callups like Bumgarner and Alvarez (especially for keeper leaguers).

I wouldn't burn the priority on a platoon player.

thank heaven, thats been a problem for at least 9000 years
JH32
jealousblues
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby Ender » Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:06 pm

DeRosa is probably the worst defensive IF on the team so I don't see how playing him at 2B or 3B negates this at all.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby killertofu2222 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:19 am

looks like this trade worked out for the tribe..anyone see perez pitch tonight? :-°

"We can't stop here. This is BAT country!"
killertofu2222
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Location: I come from the land where the ocean's freeze, spent 3 long months on the open seas

Postby chem » Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:27 pm

DeRosa left the game after 2 AB tonight. He injured his wrist (according to La Russa @ postgame). Utterly no information on how serious it is. You know, 1 day, or rest of season, or anything inbetween.

I have top waiver priority and waivers process in 4 hours, NL-Only league :(
chem
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby jealousblues » Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:48 am

chem wrote:DeRosa left the game after 2 AB tonight. He injured his wrist (according to La Russa @ postgame). Utterly no information on how serious it is. You know, 1 day, or rest of season, or anything inbetween.

I have top waiver priority and waivers process in 4 hours, NL-Only league :(

You got to ask yourself one question:

"Do you feel lucky?"

"Well do ya...PUNK?"
JH32
jealousblues
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers