WHY FANTASY BASEBALL CAFE IS A JOKE!! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

WHY FANTASY BASEBALL CAFE IS A JOKE!!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Shatner8 » Tue Mar 16, 2004 10:31 pm

M_Zimm wrote:
terpfan wrote:yeah... arlo's right. i probably shouldnt have bothered. makes me mad tho. :-t

Yea, we all reacted a bit quickly...

And to think i actually used that site in the beginning of last years FF football season :-t
Shatner8
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby menyak » Tue Mar 16, 2004 10:37 pm

Why has nobody defended my layout? :~(

:-D
"Never argue with an idiot. People won't know who's who."
menyak Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

WebmasterCafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby terpfan » Tue Mar 16, 2004 10:47 pm

menyak wrote:Why has nobody defended my layout? :~(

LOL menyak... sad thing is id believe hes stupid enough to attack it. :-)
terpfan
College Coach
College Coach

Postby M_Zimm » Tue Mar 16, 2004 11:04 pm

menyak wrote:Why has nobody defended my layout? :~(

I didn't think I needed to touch that one, I thought it went without saying.

I have said it before though, the layout on this site is much better than any other. I have been to a few and this one is by far the easiest to sort through and find where you want to go.
M_Zimm
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby eftda » Wed Mar 17, 2004 12:27 am

he had some very good points, diff points of view make one think about their post. The facts are put in front of them, and they make the choice. thats why i love the cafe!

Arlo wrote:Hi guys,

I think it's yery cool that all of you are defending the Cafe so vehemently, but please just ignore that site. It's really a waste of energy, and this person isn't worth our time. I'd much rather spend that time talking fantasy sports...

;-D thanks, i know that i ma not the only one :-D
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby wrveres » Wed Mar 17, 2004 2:02 am

How many different ways can somebody argue two points.

Advertising. .. There is one popup, and if you have a pop up blocker there is none. :-?

I think that was agrument number 1, 3, 8, 9, 10 ..

And then 5 3rd grade arguements on limiting memebership.

and the funny thing about all of this, the argueing about membership and Ad's. ... I got the distinct impression he was trying to advertise here on the cafe and didn't like the rates.

Just so ya know. For $50.00 you can have your own website too .... It doesn't mean you should.
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 720)

Postby LBJackal » Wed Mar 17, 2004 2:06 am

Wow, what a reputable site. They have 7 people with more than 50 posts. They're just trying to get publicity any way they can. They actually made an article with 10 reasons (mostly false, and if not false, then pointless) why the Cafe sucks. I guess too many people and too many opinions is a bad thing :-o Would you rather have 10 opinions from people who know what they're talking about, or 2 opinions from people you don't even know? Yeah, I'll think I'll stick with the Cafe.

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby cwebb » Wed Mar 17, 2004 6:12 am

one of the most visited sites on the web

woohoo, go cafe!
cwebb
Bouncer
Bouncer

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Mookie4ever » Wed Mar 17, 2004 8:45 am

wrveres wrote:How many different ways can somebody argue two points.

Advertising. .. There is one popup, and if you have a pop up blocker there is none. :-?

I think that was agrument number 1, 3, 8, 9, 10 ..

And then 5 3rd grade arguements on limiting memebership.

and the funny thing about all of this, the argueing about membership and Ad's. ... I got the distinct impression he was trying to advertise here on the cafe and didn't like the rates.

Just so ya know. For $50.00 you can have your own website too .... It doesn't mean you should.

Too bad that he erased all of our posts. Cwebb and v-hawk had some good ones.

As for advertising, he rags on the cafe for its advertising, but if you check out his home page (don't actually check, just take my word for it) there is a big flashing sign saying "Advertise here, your ad here" lol.

I particularly like his complaint about the number of members in the cafe. Classic MEMBER-ENVY.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 280)

Postby menyak » Wed Mar 17, 2004 11:04 am

Ok since everybody seems to wanna know - REALLY in a nutshell: this whole story started early last year, when this person desperately tried to buy advertising at the Cafe. After giving him 100,000 free banner views and exchanging some 60 (!) fruitless mails in the matter, I finally gave up and (very politely) told him that it's not meant to be - and then he totally freaked out (hurling F-bombs not just at me, but at all the Cafe's members).

Act II opened a couple of weeks ago when Arlo stumbled across their site again and discovered that they had stolen his forum descriptions as well as his avatar. After we demanded that they remove our content from their site, they changed *most* of the descriptions and posted all the anti-Cafe stuff that nebbie found. As you can see they still kept the avatar ... kinda funny because it tells quite a story to anyone who has ever been at the Cafe. :-D

Like Arlo said, it's really not worth anybody's time to deal with them. Plus, being ignored is the worst punishment that anyone can get on the net. ;-)
"Never argue with an idiot. People won't know who's who."
menyak Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

WebmasterCafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk